pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

A future update?

Post by pig001 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:45 pm

We're looking for feedback on things that could be changed in craftland. Specifically, things that need to be rebalanced and updated, feature wise. I already have my list, including a lot of things I myself have added in the past, and was hoping to get the communities input aswell.
If you want anything changed in craftland, feature wise, now is the time to ask! I'll try to respond to each of the posts if I remember.
Also, if you feel anythings texture should be changed, post on here too.

USER_AVATAR
FerraZEstronca
Premium 1
Accountname: YokoTIME
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 398 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,433,543
Achievements: 105

Re: A future update?

Post by FerraZEstronca » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi,
First of all thanks for wanting to hear ous out. I think server shop is functioning a bit bad. All people sell there is diamonds, and even that not all get to sell them because if one player decides to waste all his diamonds lowering the price there to 200$ each, we won't sell because it wouldn't be worth it. I think it could use an update, adding more stuff to sell/buy from there, and hell even add an EXP shop would be fun.
Another thing that i find annoying is how hard uploading hats is if u ever want to do it, and somewhere on the forum where u could have an upload area where u would send the hat and it would have a status saying it was or not reviewed by staff, or even allow players to vote for it. I think it would be cool to include the players itself on wether the hats get released or not.
At last, adding ways to store and manage items better, instead of being all in individual chests. This is low priority tho, because it is not really that important.

Anyways, i think that's all i got for now. I'll let u know if i got other ideas.

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Muh list that I came up with in about 10 minutes, apologies if a lot of it isn't exactly thoughtful;
* The ignore function should store ignored users rather than have them in a temporary array/map.
* Hidden users should not be able to be found using specific commands.
* Goldrush should disable all commands that could give any form of benefit (/vanish, /jumpto, /thru, /tocoord etc.).
* Votewheel should spin faster and give rewards at the end of the spin rather than at the beginning.
* Aether Orb Ore should be more common knowing how easy it is to obtain from Elysian Dungeons.
* Events should have temporary achievements.
* Valkyrie Sword nerf or other weapon buffs. Valkyrie Sword is the best sword by a long shot and no other sword compares to it.
* Difficulty increase to bronze dungeons, additionally, give us more to do than just hitting it. Maybe have it shoot lazers from its eyes idk.
* Market revamp
(Overall, add more items that users can sell)
- Allow more of each item to be sold. Maybe a max of 2,000.
- Add aether items to the shop list (Wood, Leaves, Gravitite, Ambrosium, Zanite, Holystone, Holystone Brick, Aether Grass, Aether Dirt, Enchanted Aether Grass)
- Remove the pointless things on the list. Wheat and such.
- Add a system where a specific item on the market suddenly has a "high demand" and you get bonus money for selling that item for X amount of time.
* Make the ingame and website rule lists the same.
* The shield in chat for staff.. Please center it xD
* More uses for votepoints? Maybe add spider head to the votepoint shop.
* Perfect Diamonds need more useful uses other than just Spectral tools, maybe buff the Perfect Diamond toolset in some way.
* Brewing stand + hopper interaction is dumb. You have to find the correct spot to insert specific items and if you don't, the item tries to enter the brewing stand only to vanish from existance. This is more of a bug fix request if anything.
* The Vampire Boss. You get better loot from other bosses and this boss still does the most damage and wastes the most time. Either reduce the effort or increase the amount of loot. I don't like her, other people don't like her. Nobody likes to fight the Vampire Boss.
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
Bubik2
Premium 6
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 3,175 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,526,782
Achievements: 256

Post by Bubik2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Beandon wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 pm
Muh list that I came up with in about 10 minutes, apologies if a lot of it isn't exactly thoughtful;
* The ignore function should store ignored users rather than have them in a temporary array/map.
* Hidden users should not be able to be found using specific commands.
* Goldrush should disable all commands that could give any form of benefit (/vanish, /jumpto, /thru, /tocoord etc.).
* Votewheel should spin faster and give rewards at the end of the spin rather than at the beginning.
* Aether Orb Ore should be more common knowing how easy it is to obtain from Elysian Dungeons.
* Events should have temporary achievements.
* Valkyrie Sword nerf or other weapon buffs. Valkyrie Sword is the best sword by a long shot and no other sword compares to it.
* Difficulty increase to bronze dungeons, additionally, give us more to do than just hitting it. Maybe have it shoot lazers from its eyes idk.
* Market revamp
(Overall, add more items that users can sell)
- Allow more of each item to be sold. Maybe a max of 2,000.
- Add aether items to the shop list (Wood, Leaves, Gravitite, Ambrosium, Zanite, Holystone, Holystone Brick, Aether Grass, Aether Dirt, Enchanted Aether Grass)
- Remove the pointless things on the list. Wheat and such.
- Add a system where a specific item on the market suddenly has a "high demand" and you get bonus money for selling that item for X amount of time.
* Make the ingame and website rule lists the same.
* The shield in chat for staff.. Please center it xD
* More uses for votepoints? Maybe add spider head to the votepoint shop.
* Perfect Diamonds need more useful uses other than just Spectral tools, maybe buff the Perfect Diamond toolset in some way.
* Helpers should be kicked after X amount of time.
* Brewing stand + hopper interaction is dumb. You have to find the correct spot to insert specific items and if you don't, the item tries to enter the brewing stand only to vanish from existance. This is more of a bug fix request if anything.
* The Vampire Boss. You get better loot from other bosses and this boss still does the most damage and wastes the most time. Either reduce the effort or increase the amount of loot. I don't like her, other people don't like her. Nobody likes to fight the Vampire Boss.
'Helpers should be kicked after X amount of time.'
How about no? :cussing:
Just having 1h Playtime and get kicked then no if i want to play i dont want to get random kicked
(Beandon i like you but that idea is shit)
Just a Bubik :O
(My English is always bad)

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Bubik2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Oh I left that in? xD
Was meant to remove that. It was a joke in my head at first then I had second thoughts on it (looks like I also forgot the "after being AFK for X amount of time", guess who gave me the thought xd).
My bad Bobik :c
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Beandon wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm
Bubik2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Oh I left that in? xD
Was meant to remove that. It was a joke in my head at first then I had second thoughts on it (looks like I also forgot the "after being AFK for X amount of time", guess who gave me the thought xd).
My bad Bobik :c
Well some very inactive ones to be demoted, for example don't come online in 2 weeks, ehm why are you helper again??

OT: Some things I mostly prefer to discuss privately, that's why I'm spamming you on skype <3
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

Crovan
Premium 4
Played: 1,653 hours
Blocks Mined: 603,456
Achievements: 151

Post by Crovan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 am

some Vanilla-Integration appreciated :§
*tridents, horses, new end and more stuff that possibly takes forever to implement

pig001
Premium 6
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Yeah the ingame server shop has just been left as is for many years now. It could do with an updated item list, and updated prices, I'll look into that. An XP shop would be possible, but the price of XP changes quite a lot depending on whether a powerful player decides to kill a lot of ender dragons that day, so I think that would be best left to the economy.

The hat uploading thing was never designed for a lot of input. It was simply designed to allow an owner to upload new hats and armour at some point. It would be cool I agree to allow player interaction, and when Im in the mood for php related stuff I'll take a stab at it.

The ignore list yeah should be fixed so it saves between restarts, but I just dont know the most efficient way of doing it. Hopefully another coder can work on that one.

The issue with that is theres so many commands that allow you to do that, and including a way to fix them all is difficult. Plus, sometimes you want players to be able to tp to you, or do something to you. Its possible, but is low priority.

Goldrush disabling commands will be added soon.

The votewheel should spin at a constant rate as it is indipendant from frame rate. However, if it does spin fast enough, it looks utterly awful on lower frame rates, so I made it spin at the current speed so that it looks good whatever the frame rate. Also, every spin starts at a different speed, thats how it determains where it finishes (well not really, but I wont go into details). As for the rewards, yes thats coming in the next update and is already coded.

Aether Orb, id rather make it more rare in elysian dungeons than change the ore frequency.

Events having temporary achievements can be done, just whenever theres an event, ask a staff member(or bean make them and ask an admin to enable them) and that is done.

The whole armour protection and sword damage needs to be rebalanced. I did used to hate the minecraft 1.8 combat, but after playing the thaumic quest modpack, it grew on me, and actually made the game a bit harder, for the better I think. However, Im not 100% on their implementation, and would do it differently myself.

Bronze dungeons give shit loot, so the boss is shit easy. Maybe there could be another way of damaging it, im not sure.

As said before, yeah the market needs changed, but I dont want to over complicate it, it should just be a simple buy and sell shop.

The ingame and website rules are the same? Chat rules are not because it would take up the entire /rules screen if it did. (Also whenever a new player joins the /rules screen pops up)

Staff icon in chat will be changing again this update (already coded and looks much better)

Votepoints will also be changing completly soon.

Perfect diamonds are like the other gems but a bit better. Maybe should add perfect diamond rings and amulets.

Specific sides for specific slots in the brewing stand makes sense. Items being deleted if not the right slot doesnt, and is a bug.

Vampire boss loot was just buffed, but I ran out of loot ideas, got any?

I demoted 3 staff members earlier on.

Horses are a no, sorry. Any entity that carries other entities has the chance of some idiot putting his best gear and thousands of diamond blocks inside, and then the entity magically poofing into nothing, the risk isnt worth it.

New end Ive wanted to do for ages and hopefully will happen at some point.

Crovan
Premium 4
Played: 1,653 hours
Blocks Mined: 603,456
Achievements: 151

Post by Crovan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:51 pm

dunno if the pet update is still a thing tho

Puglet
Premium 4
Accountname: bleedingshadow1
Played: 1,901 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,900,543
Achievements: 194

Post by Puglet » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:05 am

Ok so I know that craftland was never meant to be a Modded Minecraft server. Although a few things to the server that are basic Mods would be wonderful. Yeah sure it takes time to produce (to work well with other code you have created specifically to Craftland) but that doesn't mean it cant be done or hell even create your own based off of whatever to get it to work well with anything in craftland.

The mods that i feel would be simple and not ground breaking would be:

~~~Tinkers Construct (Reworked though due to specific implications from the mod)~~~

~~~A.E. 2 This is a must in my opinion I really fell like it would help so much indefinitely granted it would be a work around but it would be amazing.~~~

~~~One of my personal favorites (only throwing this one out here because in a sense Aether is supposed to be mythical) is that you add a type of magic to the game ie: Ars magica or blood magic they are both good mods and throw in a whole new persona to the server!~~~

~~~I know this one is a bit all me that i want but when we have full valk armor i feel there should be some type of small implementation to flying not for a long time but kind of like the vanilla flying.(sorry not sorry)~~~

~~~Also to finish the new dungeons that since deepvale has come out still haven't been released. I would be ok with just 1 new dungeon!~~~

Again though craftland is still a wonderful server its just bland now and needs new content and revamped on things that have already been stated, besides that the server is as good as it gets!