Inappropriate Content

General forum for general things

The Question is on the post below.

Yes, this should be a common sense violation. Yes, A rule should be added for this.
41%
Yes, this should be a common sense violation. No, A rule should not be added for this.
24%
No, this should not be a common sense violation. Yes, A rule should be added for this.
18%
No, this should not be a common sense violation. No, A rule should not be added for this.
18%

Total votes: 17

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Inappropriate Content

Post by Jovaniph » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:13 pm

I really thought that this was a rule (which is why I didn't post a ban request), but unfortunately, I must of over read rule 14. Rule 14 states no inappropriate paint or links. It does not say anything about creating inappropriate content in the server such as creating a 'sexual' organ.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/QN059L0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It could be, from my understanding, that rule 14 is to prevent explicit content from being downloaded into player's computer. Any painting that players post on the server is downloaded to other players computer and links works just the same. If the player clicks a inappropriate link, it saves in the player's browser history. We also can't be entirely sure that the Craftland world does not save directly to the player's computer.

If that is not the case, then creating inappropriate content is in fact perfectly fine to do and you can detail it as much as you want with little blocks or whatever.

The reason I'm posting this is in regards to the rules on 'common sense', rule 2. We can't really define common sense, because it borders between facts and feelings. Majority of the people in the server must agree on the ethics on this subject and figure out the appropriate action for this.

I would also like the note that Craftland is not necessarily defined as a 'PG' or 'PG-13' server anywhere here on the website or the wiki. I could be wrong. Regardless, this is a topic that should be discuss and I am hoping everyone writes their logic and opinions on the matter.

My question: Is creating inappropriate content on the server should be a violation of the common sense rule? Second, should there be a rule added about inappropriate content being created on the server?

Jovaniph
Premium 4

Re: Inappropriate Content

Post by Jovaniph » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:34 am

Now for my (more or less) 2 cents on the matter. I was a little bit surprise as well as disappointed that majority of you guys didn't vote for number 3.

'common sense' does not mean 'hidden rules'. Why punish someone if something is not added to the list of rules? Seems a little bit unfair because you can't justify what is right and was is wrong all the time. I remember saying that common sense is suppose to 'compliment' other rules.

I have study common sense for a while since I was working on the 'craftland rules explained', and I can tell you that common sense is not a rule provided in law. There are things that people get away from because it is not against the rules here in Craftland and IRL. So basically, I can determine that: Common sense does not equal law.

Common sense, from my understanding, is the point of enlightenment, or a point of understanding. A way of how to live your life. It is also a way on how society establishes ethics; A 'rule of thumb' not a rule of law. So to punish someone because of a 'common sense' violation, in my opinion, is wrong.

That is why I voted on number three. I don't believe this should be punishable. I believe if we really want to punish someone because it violates 'ethic code', we should establish a new law for it to prevent it from happening or happening again.

Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,703 hours
Blocks Mined: 975,880
Achievements: 198

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Maybe you just haven't seen it, but various staff members including admins have stated that Craftland is a family-friendly server, which answers your PG/PG13 question. Myself, I believe it is part of common sense to keep things appropriate on a family-friendly server, which falls under Rule 2.
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

Jovaniph
Premium 4

Post by Jovaniph » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Joyman533 wrote:Maybe you just haven't seen it, but various staff members including admins have stated that Craftland is a family-friendly server, which answers your PG/PG13 question. Myself, I believe it is part of common sense to keep things appropriate on a family-friendly server, which falls under Rule 2.
PG/PG13 and family friendly is never stated on the website or wiki. You can't define a server what it is if its not established under FAQs or whatever. Siding with what staff says about what Craftland is about is technically invalid information if its not 'public'.

Edit> Going back on the double standards again. There is a lot of things I could get away from that is not family friendly as well as other people. Not just in Teamspeak but in game. Where do we draw the line? :P

Joyman533
Premium 4

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Jovaniph wrote: PG/PG13 and family friendly is never stated on the website or wiki. You can't define a server what it is if its not established under FAQs or whatever. Siding with what staff says about what Craftland is about is technically invalid information if its not 'public'.
It's not invalid information, technically or not. Even though it isn't written officially that Craftland is a family friendly server, most people tend to understand that without reading it from an official source. Based on the punishments you may get from being inappropriate, you could figure that out yourself. People have somehow gotten by without the rule being stated; it hasn't been a major issue.

Also, could you please stop calling people hobknockers and then complaining about double standards? That essentially undermines your credibility. Why contribute to the problem and then complain about it?
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

Jovaniph
Premium 4

Post by Jovaniph » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Yes it is invalid information. I never seen Craftland as a family friendly server from the beginning.

And to reinforce that statement. Every staff I talk to says this very statement: "We don't allow this or that because KIDS come on and play on the server as well". They didn't say anything about Craftland being PG/13. I'm only hearing about Craftland being 'family friendly' now. So you got your information wrong.

Lastly, don't come here saying that kind of things that is clearly not part of the discussion at hand. You want to talk to me about something like calling people hobknockers. Come at me on teamspeak if your not much of a coward to do so. I'm going to continue call people hobknockers because it has no meaning.

ICarly saying Hobknocker - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGF-6p6vjEU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:35 pm

If this has to be explained then people are just stupid.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Joyman533
Premium 4

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Jovaniph wrote:Lastly, don't come here saying that kind of things that is clearly not part of the discussion at hand. You want to talk to me about something like calling people hobknockers. Come at me on teamspeak if your not much of a coward to do so. I'm going to continue call people hobknockers because it has no meaning.
Right. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =hobnocker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jovaniph
Premium 4

Post by Jovaniph » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:42 pm

haha urban dictionary XD..

Look at the date between the first two...

First one is November 2009
Second one is February 2009

Don't try to fight a war you can't win.

Joyman533
Premium 4

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:44 pm

In that case, don't try to start a war over nothing.

I've said enough here already, time to stop.