Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Staff Communication.

Post by amp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:20 am

In my opinion, and in the opinions of most likely many others, the staff members don't communicate nearly enough about certain topics. If you look through current and archived ban appeals and requests, only a few of them have replies from staff. We need more of a transparency on what's going on with the case, and if the issue has been resolved. We want answers, not things done in silence. I know it pisses me off when I see a ban request with compelling evidence that will be up for a week or more, with no reply from a staff member.

That instance makes it seem like staff not only don't care, but also don't check the forums nearly enough. I know several staff members do indeed check the forums religiously, but, not everyone does. We need more transparency. We need to know what's going on. I know I can't be the only one that wants to know things are actually getting done behind the scenes.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

SecondStandard
Premium 4
Accountname: ratengut123
Played: 1,585 hours
Blocks Mined: 478,804
Achievements: 160

Re: Staff Communication.

Post by SecondStandard » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 am

I agree with u Rubino :)
They all will burn

USER_AVATAR
belgianpara
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 29 hours
Blocks Mined: 12,396
Achievements: 16

Post by belgianpara » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:06 am

Or the staff is busy having a life, what about that.
Last edited by belgianpara on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dietrig
Premium 5
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,587 hours
Blocks Mined: 397,324
Achievements: 146

Post by Dietrig » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:08 am

We must trust in our lord gaben to solve this. On a more serious note though how the staff gets this done is their problem, I don't care how they do it just as long as they do. Furthermore it's kinda petty of you to try and call them out here instead of doing it on the staff forum to which you have access. Chance, I'm not trying to be an ass here but this is just some cry for attention in my opinion and this crap needs to stop if you cared so much you would have stayed as a staff member.
The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 am

The current things in the ban appeals and stuff forum, such as people calling each other names, other crap like that, should be handled on the server at the time by helpers. You say yourself, "its only a chat infraction, we cant ban"(not exact quote), although they may be insulting other players, its still something that should be handled there and then, not dragged out on a lengthy forum topic. You where staff when there was 10+ staff members, always a mod at least online. Those times are not the same anymore, we have few mods and admins, and all have lives and stuff we need to deal with, having exams among other stuff.

Our helper team is doing a decent job, but if we just promoted anyone to mod and admin, people would complain "Oh the staff team is disorganized! The staff are to -insert not mature, too young etc. here-". Im sorry that stuff actually takes time now to be looked at again, and that we have a lot more stuff to do. It takes quite a bit of time before we feel a helper is ready for mod, or even higher, and outside sources and events can always have an influence on how we feel about certain staff members.

The staff members are communicating, but times zones are a bit of a pain, along with lives which have an impact on when we are online, and can check the forum or be in-game. I speak on teamspeak with a few staff members in a chat almost everyday, and I know you will say that "I know some staff members do it", but what do you expect? Not all our staff members are able to be on 24/7, even often, because we all have stuff we need to deal with. Again, we dont have a massive team anymore, and if we just promoted anyone the place would be in shambles. Stuff gets done on the server, people get regions, griefs checked, players helped, its all happening even with the small team, but forum stuff takes longer to happen, and it always has, just we dont have as many people checking it. Honestly, what do you want us to do? Give up our entire lives? Some people will check the forum as a regular thing, others dont use the forums. The ones who do use it check it often forum, sorry its not every second that we live.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Pig, I never claimed you had to give up your whole life to communicate with the players and keep us up to date on current affairs. In the time it took you to type that essay there, you could have updated us on said current affairs and had time to spare. I never said you need to check the forums ten times a day or any such thing of the sort.

The problem is deeply rooted. I believe there still stands a staff rule about checking the forums at least once in a while.

Staff play at least a few hours every week. You can't take five of those minutes away from the playtime, and spend it reading and investigating a forum post about a ban? I mean, it is the responsibility of the staff overall. That's why you and the rest are here. To keep order and control the community. I don't understand how you, one of the smartest people on this server, doesn't understand where I am coming from.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 20 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Rubino wrote:Pig, I never claimed you had to give up your whole life to communicate with the players and keep us up to date on current affairs. In the time it took you to type that essay there, you could have updated us on said current affairs and had time to spare. I never said you need to check the forums ten times a day or any such thing of the sort.

The problem is deeply rooted. I believe there still stands a staff rule about checking the forums at least once in a while.

Staff play at least a few hours every week. You can't take five of those minutes away from the playtime, and spend it reading and investigating a forum post about a ban? I mean, it is the responsibility of the staff overall. That's why you and the rest are here. To keep order and control the community. I don't understand how you, one of the smartest people on this server, doesn't understand where I am coming from.
I am reading all the forums and all the ban appeals, the problem is a lot of these are being sorted in game, but players recently have been threatening other players saying "I'm going to report you!" and make a topic on the forum, rather than talk to the staff thats online.
(I'm just useing blaster as an example but other players have been doing this recently also http://i.imgur.com/NCx2ZuW.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:39 pm

nickmcski wrote:
Rubino wrote:Pig, I never claimed you had to give up your whole life to communicate with the players and keep us up to date on current affairs. In the time it took you to type that essay there, you could have updated us on said current affairs and had time to spare. I never said you need to check the forums ten times a day or any such thing of the sort.

I am reading all the forums and all the ban appeals, the problem is a lot of these are being sorted in game, but players recently have been threatening other players saying "I'm going to report you!" and make a topic on the forum, rather than talk to the staff thats online.
(I'm just useing blaster as an example but other players have been doing this recently also http://i.imgur.com/NCx2ZuW.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
At least make it prevalent on the forums that the issue has been resolved. I know more than just me look at the ban requests and say "wow, he should be banned", but there is no staff reply, so we think you guys aren't doing your job.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:43 pm

I do understand where your coming from, saying we could check the forums more often, but as nick said, often issues get sorted in-game, and staff dont talk about everyone they've banned, or talked to, or dealt with. Its not a conversation that ive ever had, unless it was a serious case. I dont think the staff have to tell every other staff member when they've dealt with someone, but when it has happened, posting something on the topic would be useful.
I tried to explain what is happening with the staff on that post. Our helpers are fine, we're a bit lacking in mods and admins, but that sorts itself over time. Stuffs getting done coding wise at a moderate pace, with new bits and pieces coming out slowly. There was just an update in the past few days, with a fair few bug fixes, and little tweaks.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Well, if it gets sorted in game, then at least announce that the issue is solved and delete or lock the topic without to many details, people would understand. I am not trying to be picky, or trying to be mean to staff. Just stating a plausible way to solve this issue and benefit both parties.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI