RIP shadow aether, RIP nether

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

RIP shadow aether, RIP nether

Post by Frost » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:54 pm

First of all I would like to say handing out shadow aether spawners and wither skeleton spawners on "special" offers is the most "special" (retarded) thing i've seen on craftland thus far in the past 2 years i played here. It completely destroys the purpose of the shadow aether and 99% of the nether. I know the server needs to generate money to keep existing but I honestly can't believe this is the right way to do it.

Secondly I wanted you all to taste some of my salt considering naturally spawned neonic swets in the shadow aether, they no longer drop loot when killed automatically. They used to, but not anymore because god forbid you use your fucking brain and spend weeks on a automatic natural grinder which generates not even 10% of what a single neonic swet spawner does. Who would do that anyway if you can just spend 10 or 20 bucks and afk-autoclick your way to infinite Flux XP and Wither skulls, and use the time you save by not actually playing yourself to do something use- or meaningful with your life.

I do realise nothing will change because of this post but i just wanted to share my thoughts/salt here.

Thanks for reading.

USER_AVATAR
Bubik2
Premium 6
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 3,175 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,526,782
Achievements: 256

Re: RIP shadow aether, RIP nether

Post by Bubik2 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Yea thats salt but i think nothing will change so yea
Just a Bubik :O
(My English is always bad)

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Yeah! To hell with raising money for the server to stay up!

Really, you're complaining? If people were more heartfelt and donated money without incentives, we wouldn't have this problem. The fact of the matter is, most people are raised selfishly. This is a generation of self-fulfillment. You do everything you do for personal gain. If this was a generation of people who were charitable, decent people, we could raise money to cover Craftland's costs without having to resort to spawners being sold for real life money. But, we can't do that.

Want us to stop selling spawners, so your stupid grinder is more worthwhile? Sounds good. Let's try that. And then your grinder will be absolutely worthless in 2 months when Craftland closes its doors.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:24 pm

amp wrote:Yeah! To hell with raising money for the server to stay up!

As far as im aware the server was absolutely fine without selling the 2 types of spawners my post is about, where do you see me complaining about the special offers as a whole? maybe read my post again.
Im just saying the last non pay-2-win aspect of the server is now gone, and for what? one month of server costs?
And for your information i dont give a shit about my "stupid grinder" I havn't been actively playing for about half a year and i could'nt care less about it. Its just not at all what my post is about.

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:50 am

amp wrote:Yeah! To hell with raising money for the server to stay up!

Really, you're complaining? If people were more heartfelt and donated money without incentives, we wouldn't have this problem. The fact of the matter is, most people are raised selfishly. This is a generation of self-fulfillment. You do everything you do for personal gain. If this was a generation of people who were charitable, decent people, we could raise money to cover Craftland's costs without having to resort to spawners being sold for real life money. But, we can't do that.

Want us to stop selling spawners, so your stupid grinder is more worthwhile? Sounds good. Let's try that. And then your grinder will be absolutely worthless in 2 months when Craftland closes its doors.
You seriously didn't have to react the way you did, jesus christ.
The Server gets more Money a month than the Server cost that needs to be Paid, how would I know? I was one of the most income of it.
Seriously though, everyone agrees on it, that these types of Spawners should've never been given out to anyone. If the Afk grinding atleast would be fixed, that would be a step in the right direction, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
The whole new System with Flux, the whole Infusement is going to be destroyed, the longer People are allowed to just grind there.
And I honestly can just say; This Server is Pay 2 Win. You can't obtain any of these Spawners in any other way. It's literally just for IRL money.
If that wouldn't exist we still would find People to donate for it. I have a wallet that I always used to help out the Server.

If People can get Spawners for donating, they'll ask for them, if it would've never been a thing who knows how it would've went.

I love this Server to Heart, heck I played over 2 Years on it, but the way it's going is not good.
I seriously would rather see someone build a giant Farm that takes 10 Months to build, instead of 3 Spawner Offers that change the whole Server Market and ruin several Worlds and pay for 1 Month of the Server cost.
That's why I didn't donate for any of these offers. It's not always working like it should.

Term
Premium 6
Accountname: terminator473
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,791 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,956,247
Achievements: 209

Post by Term » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:59 am

Craftland is pay to win as fuck, its what we have to deal with from now on, people with money to spend get items, those who don't have money, don't get shit. its how craftland works. I don't agree with it but whatever.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 am

This is getting out of hand, as for you chance do you have to be like that just because you personally want to buy the spawners so you can afk grind flux. It's annoying that Nide is making these spawners so widly avalible, now I have no reason to go to the nether because i can get quartz from the mining world and now I can make a wither skeleton grinder in greycliff or new world.The same goes for the shadow aether spawners I have no reason to go there exept for the dungeons because now I can just build a shadow aether grinder in greycliff with the spawner.
Premium 6 =85 people =£10200
Premium 5 = 65 people =£5200
Premium 4 = 94 people =£3760
Premium 3 = 111 people=£2220
Premium 2 =132 people=£1320
Premium 1 =147 people=£735

Total= £23435
price to run= £16000-£19000
Unconfirmed donation amounts= Lumber £unknown Jet £ unknown Chellius £unknown.
This also doesn't include other people like me or hades that have donated over 200 euros or other prem 6s that have donated more than just the 120 euroes.

While I have no hate for what nide has done or people that donate a lot to the server the fact is the server would shut down without donations, but it would take longer than 2 months for the server to shut down considering the total amount of donations to Craftland amount to probable between 30000-35000( not including tax or what ever else) tbh It could be even more or less only nide knows.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Because I want to buy spawners? Yeah, no. I have not bought either of the spawners in question and do not have plans to do so any time soon. As for the rest of the post: you're not taking into account the amount PayPal takes from a donation, which is (p x 0.022) + .30

Then the tax once he's sending the money to the hosting company: not sure exactly, so, I'll say 6% sales tax there.

Too lazy to do all the math. Either way, money is tight. Nidefawl wouldn't put up offers like this for no fucking reason.

Also realize please that a donation of 1000 euro isn't even enough to cover 5 months of Craftland.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:35 pm

amp wrote:Because I want to buy spawners? Yeah, no. I have not bought either of the spawners in question and do not have plans to do so any time soon. As for the rest of the post: you're not taking into account the amount PayPal takes from a donation, which is (p x 0.022) + .30

Then the tax once he's sending the money to the hosting company: not sure exactly, so, I'll say 6% sales tax there.

Too lazy to do all the math. Either way, money is tight. Nidefawl wouldn't put up offers like this for no fucking reason.

Also realize please that a donation of 1000 euro isn't even enough to cover 5 months of Craftland.

So you're complaining about People wanting fairness and complaining how everyone should donate, yet you choose not to even support the Server yourself? How kind for a Server you love playing on.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Jet wrote:
yet you choose not to even support the Server yourself? How kind for a Server you love playing on.
Never said that. I've donated 100 usd a few weeks back, and am donating another 100+ usd when PayPal unfreezes my assets in April of 2017. My point was that I do not plan to request OP spawners in return. The only "op" spawners I have is like 3 sentry and 2 iron. One of the sentry was obtained through trading, and the others were from the aforementioned donation.

On top of that, I have provided in game services and items in return for donations to the server; even after I had the maximum ranks. At one point I built some grinders tor someone. In return, they donated 10 euro to Craftland.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.