Bees

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6
Accountname: build_to_the_top
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 2,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,021,914
Achievements: 175

Bees

Post by Build » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Hey guys and girls,

the bees from the "forestry for Minecraft" and "extra bees" are a pretty cool mob in my eyes. With these mods, you can basically find different bee species in different biomes and collect them. Having Bees you can breed and cross breed the species. Different species can produce different items. I think implementing the "bee system" as it is wont happen but maybe we could add a version of it.

Now this a thread to get opinions if other players as well like these mods. The idea of how to breed and get mutated bees is pretty similar to the tree mutator or seed mututor.

So i would propose something like this.

1) Different Biomes have different bee hives. (can be found in the mining world. maybe 4-5 species like (jungle bee, forest bee, wintry bee (ice biome), Marshy Bee (wet biomes), nether bee) )

2) Basic bees would produce honey combs
3) Out of cross breeding you can get mutated bees having possible better productions (like seeds, cocoa seeds, better honey combs , possibly gold nuggets or something like that for the best species possible ...)

2) Items required:
*(same as in "forestry for minecraft") a scoop to harvest the hives
*Bee mutator (would work the same as a seed mutator. out of 2 input there is a chance to get a successful crossing; no mod is an idea to simplify the whole cross breeding process)
*Apiary (house for the bees)
*Honey Machine (makes honey out of the honey combs = squeezer (forestry for minecraft) + centrifuge(forestry for minecraft))
*Beealyzer and Analyzer ("forestry for minecraft")= is used to get the properties of a specific bee

it would be cool to have something new in the nature to explore. This idea would add a big theme to have fun with. I think the most critical point are the product they should produce. But if there is interest i would be willing to think of some good ideas.

here is a tutorial on the bees so you see how it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXR0N9 ... gx19-8UZIS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jetoler
Premium 5
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 667 hours
Blocks Mined: 313,527
Achievements: 91

Re: Bees

Post by jetoler » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:45 am

i think there should be a bee type mob and the way to get them is to place a bee mutator, place a thing called Polenated Grass which is yellow and has a flowery texture. And then it would have to be encased. the grass could be made by some dirt with a flower next to it in your crafting grid and you would place the polenated dirt which would later grow into polenated grass. Then you place 2 bee hives on the 2 polenated grass blocks (kind of like a tree mutator) and bee haves can be mined once found in the wild. Then, they would breed and you'd get what is called a mutated queen of any species that would start laying eggs in a new hive.
"An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind"

USER_AVATAR
Tweety
Premium 6
Accountname: YellowBird
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 603 hours
Blocks Mined: 559,240
Achievements: 107

Post by Tweety » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:58 am

From the natura mod (open source)

RandoroMcDuck
Premium 6
Accountname: Randoro
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 3,883 hours
Blocks Mined: 16,608,171
Achievements: 186

Post by RandoroMcDuck » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

Not the beeeees
just some random doro

Caity
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: Cbaby1011
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 6,100 hours
Blocks Mined: 11,531,962
Achievements: 261

Post by Caity » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Randoro wrote:Not the beeeees
Randoro, you just corrupted my young innocent eyes. Shame on you! :AngryX: :AngryX: :AngryX: