Chests: Hopper/Dropper - ON by default

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Odd
Premium 5
Accountname: TheOddTruth
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 977 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,818,852
Achievements: 131

Chests: Hopper/Dropper - ON by default

Post by Odd » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm not certain if there is some setting that I'm missing for this already, if so, I'd appreciate knowing how to set it up. Either way, i'd really like the default feature of Hopper/Dropper - ON/OFF for chests to be set to ON by default.

There are few things more annoying in craftland than setting up a huge hopper/chest network storage system, or similar systems, and then having to take a few hours opening up each individual chest and setting that little "H" ticker to ON. While I'm certain there are some uses to having the setting set to OFF (there are a few that I know of), it seems to me that the most popular setting would be to allow the items through into chests, so why not have the setting to ON by default?

One benefit is the fact that this "ON/OFF" feature is not obvious to new players. There have been countless times where new players get fed up with their hopper network just because they are unaware of the ticker. I would prefer them eventually asking what the button in the chest menu is for later on than getting irritated with the system immediately and taking out their frustrations in global. Of course, there's nothing wrong with asking around how it works, but why not just take the guess work out of it altogether?

Is anyone else on board for making this adjustment? If it isn't too difficult to code, it would be vastly appreciated.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 6 hours ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 187

Re: Chests: Hopper/Dropper - ON by default

Post by pig001 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm

If it was on by default, then say someone privated their chest, and didnt have a region around it. Then a player could just walk up, place a hopper under it then an iron chest, and steal all the items, so it would comprimise the entire LWC lock system.
What would be good is if you could either enable it to be on or off for everything you place. Then, if someone was to set up an entire hopper network, they could just enable it, then disable it after setting it up.

It was posted on the bug tracker here: http://bugs.craftland.org/index.php/cra ... icket-1439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was shortly after marked as private, and I believe a solution is already being worked on,
"We already have a solution planned for this guys, we are working on implementing it." ~ Nick on the bug tracker

Odd
Premium 5
Accountname: TheOddTruth
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 977 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,818,852
Achievements: 131

Re: Chests: Hopper/Dropper - ON by default

Post by Odd » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

pig001 wrote:If it was on by default, then say someone privated their chest, and didnt have a region around it. Then a player could just walk up, place a hopper under it then an iron chest, and steal all the items, so it would comprimise the entire LWC lock system.
What would be good is if you could either enable it to be on or off for everything you place. Then, if someone was to set up an entire hopper network, they could just enable it, then disable it after setting it up.

It was posted on the bug tracker here: http://bugs.craftland.org/index.php/cra ... icket-1439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was shortly after marked as private, and I believe a solution is already being worked on,
"We already have a solution planned for this guys, we are working on implementing it." ~ Nick on the bug tracker
I can certainly see how there would be an issue now that you mention it. I hadn't considered that prior to posting. However, I'm glad that this is something that is currently being worked on. I will be relieved when a solution is implemented.. Thanks!