Grimlock Problem!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Grimlock Problem!

Post by A_Land_Whale » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:44 am

I enjoyed the grimlock diaries quest, it was a cool feature/addition to CL and a part of its history so to speak. If the world gets removed newer players wont be able to experience it! I would like to suggest that the world remain open so new players can complete it and get the pumpkin rings. Obviously it would be abused if any player that joins is given a ring right off the bat (*glares at bergman) so to remedy this, A grimlock diary could be given as a reward for one of the time played achievements, say 100 or 200 hrs played. I feel like a lot of work was put into grimlock and it would be a shame if it went away just like that. Any thoughts guys? reward new players who stick to cl with the option to get a soon to be rare item if they can brave the quest? Ps, i'm an alcoholic now because the quest was so frustrating.. thanks Arbr..
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!

USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 25 days ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Re: Grimlock Problem!

Post by BlasterG717 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:51 am

I agree. There was so much time and effort put into grimlock that I would hate to not be seeing it anymore. As of now I still know people, and it even says on the grimlock quest menu, that people still have grimlock books (def not berg). This way people won't have to stress over a now useless book and would only being able to use it for museum or something like that. I'll add more to this comment if I feel it is needed.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Re: Grimlock Problem!

Post by nickmcski » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:11 am

Grimlock was only planned to be a seasonal event. To my knowledge the plan is to disable access to the world in a few days and keep it there for next halloween. I believe we need to keep these as seasonal events so they remain special and reward the players that completed the diary during halloween.

Throughout the year i'm sure you will see the return of special events from previous years as well as the creation of new events.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.