Spawn Concept Thread

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!

Are you the heir of craftlands future? If not should we look for help elsewhere in the community?

I am the one no question!
18%
No I am rather not the one!
No votes
Seeking help in the minecraft community is smart!
55%
To hell with the minecraft community!
9%
I just dont give a damn thing about this idea!
9%
I only want diamonds survival and not even a community (basically I could play single player).
9%

Total votes: 11

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Spawn Concept Thread

Post by Soulmusician » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:20 am

Hei fellow craftlings :blob8: ,

the spawn is about to be done soon. The choice is the build at /warp Talarion made by Handyman (Nidefawl 2014).

So all this crap down there is not longer important. But you might like it as scheme for your thoughts so it let it stay and do not edit it.

[/b] tree of life plus elven village or any other kind of idea even underwater city, aether airship, dark bonepalace, giant honey comb with bees (like a hive), spookmansion, whatever
Reference: one ore several images from the web or your own builds to give the people an idea what you are talking a bout and which shows if you are even capable of doing the job good Image
Projectneeds: like Manpower, Ressources, etc.
Gamemode: if you would do it in survival or you need creative for it
Buildtime: 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc. (a important criteria i think)
Interiour: please some reference from your own builds or from the net how an interiour of the build could look like
Greycliff Spawn: a big plus would be if you could just fit your build in where the actual spawn
Littleblocks: this is a important criteria for the server! so make some thougts about it!
Sections: like underwater sphere, tree, village, castle, railroad, servershop, (unlimited treesapling dispenser ??, just an idea this could prevent the worlds from being without vegetation ), different biomes (maybe a spawn where all biomes and dimensions of craftland are present somehow?)
Information transparency: like the use of signs or better paintings to communicate the information to the players
NPC use: if NPC´s are information giver, tutorial helpers, funny additions (like a group of talking drunken guards) or trolls like some NPC who sends you in a spiral somewhere. If you would like to use famous skins for example the famous youtubers like direwolf, sparklez, yogscast, etc. and fit them in in some themes (yogscast simon would be a amazing dwarf next to a mine) get in mind that we can even use all mobs as npc, so it really would be nice if all mobs can be shown at the spawn (maybe a enderman and slime sitting in a tavern complaning about the cheaty blaze folks?)
Tutorial: for example areas where you show the users the craftland features (description on a painting how the player works, jukebox, paintings, painting of display cases, kit armor, kit rails, explain all ranks, etc.)
Environmentalist: are you capable of doing custom trees, vegetation and areas around the spawn where the craftland mobs can be in? like stables or a park (if your theme is the tree of life remeber the bird spawners the moas etc, they would be amazing there).
Gallery: if your spawn contains a gallery or hall with some important images (paintings) of craftland builds, all armor stands, hats, items in display cases etc.
Dungeons: If possible and if the admins can help you or are even capable of with a bronze, silver and gold dungeon room in your build? (or only one?) or a jumping game whatever
Shop: Like a small mall with shopchests in there (public warp) where players can place some stuff aslong as the chests are filled the owner is the filler and it clears after the last item is sold (just a gameplay idea i think, maybe an admin reads this)
Tavern: a proper build of a tavern or townhall for craftland, maybe in the bottom of the tree ? with a real bar, chairs, tables.
Hall of Fame: every nolife player can place a npc of himself in there or even if nide wants the moment a crafltand player reaches the limit a npc appears in the hall on a free space, can be although done for players who contributed much to the server or showed a high amount of dedication
Sound: use of jukeboxes and special themes of music for some areas (remember higway to hell in the nether, i think that was damn cool, never understood why we didnt use stairway to heaven for the aether)
Portal Room: how you would place the portals and how big you would do them (honestly i think the ones we use are a big to massive ;)
Clouduse: automated transport systems, with clouds, rails, quicksand, soulsand, warps, pistons, water, etc.
Redstone Academy: a building where the basic redstone things like automated doors, althought the gate, bridge and lift through and lift up signs are explained?
Timelapse: would you like to do some part of the build as timelapse?
Screenshots: documentation of every building phase for example yes / no ?
Recordings: like maybe a lets build of your spawn project where the whole process is shown? a lets show in the end? a tutorial about how you setup things?
Specials: fountains, statues (like a lion, warrior, etc. no dragons please would make me really sad i guess you can do better than notch and all at all we are the cool guys not the standard minecraft fools right, i mean we got the sun spirit ;)
Style: roman, celtic, gothic, viking, greek, japanese, chinese (monestary maybe?), science fiction, modern, egyptian, dwarfen (maybe a cave system even with some trees in?) or any other
Multicultural Setting: make people aware of that they are welcome with a room a house or build or whatever in their speech (can be a longer part of the project (like a italian blacksmith NPC who tells about that the global is english but she or he is very welcome on the server, belgian bakery, german butcher ;) russian inkeeper, spanish sailor, etc. and of course a english mayor)
Textures: If you want to use specific textures? i would suggest you use the pangaea texures for one time and spawn a moa, you will never ride a normal one (with this i mean if the basic pack for craftland should be established or the shpax updated with some fancy textures (could be a own thread).
Villager use: some natives around the place (i like the sound ;)

I see you on the server, take care!

Yours

Soul
Last edited by Soulmusician on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Adam
Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Re: Spawn Concept Thread

Post by Adam » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Include lots of more open areas due to, in the future, larger amounts of players in the spawn at one point.
A good reminder: never make it too big, or people get lost and bored before they exit the spawn!

And good job with the topic Soul, this will really help out Craftland.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:48 am

There has been a contest for spawns on planetminecraft: http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests ... t/entries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A little while after I started recreating Talarion I realised that... (yeah sometimes I notice things late xD)
But still that was one of the greatest in the contest, so kept on building.

(warp: talarion)
As I was building it I had a few ideas to modify it, there is room on the sides for portals to the Nether and Aether, inside the building there is some space for shops.
However below it (from top of the stairs till the ground area) there is a lot of wasted space, in the original design the windows were closed, I kept them open so I could make something inside of there.
My first idea was to place some players shops there. But now I think you can make a tutorial area of it or so other things.
On the side note, there is a dungeon below it, it could be used for the staff npc or create a minigame dungeon.

To get on the minigame idea (it kind of reminds me of munchkin(cardgame)), you need to travel through rooms, where you need to fight monsters or flee from the room. after you defeated the monster you get a treasures, these can be used to fight other monsters. It would be possible to do this with multiple players, however only one player can open the door and he may only get one player to help hem out. The monsters have a level, your level needs to be higher then that of the monster, you can try to fight a higher monster on your own, but it is not likely you can win from it.

To get back to the design of the building, it would be nice if you have 3 views upon exiting the spawn, to the left: mountains, to the front sea, to the right wheat or grassland.

This is it for now, will give more infomation later about this idea.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Adam wrote:never make it too big, or people get lost and bored before they exit the spawn!
Hei Adam,

I see your point. I thougt about a main spawn which stretches vertical somehow, where you are able to have some windows or openings all time to see the outside. The dimensional portals could be in sight so that the player knows which way she or he got to go. This may although mean the portals are somehow insaneley hughe for example.Image
Each portal can be marked by littleblocks art where it leads to, like a pixelart of a aerwhale, cow, magmacube, etc.. We should although use descriptios of some stuff with wool headlines in the air, to visualize stuff like for example. Image

Brings me to the point there should definitley be aerwhales floating around the spawn ;) maybe even as a locked npc who tells you what your first steps are ;). Imagine a whale right infront of you locked in a pool like thing, who tells you "Welcome on Craftland digger! I am Moaby your friend for the first time. Go straight on in the next room my buddy Hopple (Aerbunny) will brief you there.".
Hopple will then send the newb to the next area where for example Andy (Enderman) helps you out with the next step. This can be a chain with all mobs (dont forget the little tornado mob) of craftland plus additional informations via paintings. Dont forget the music with the jukeboxes ;). The first thing a new player should hear is some really funny song which makes him laugh, plus he sees the big aerwhale in his pool.

The single rooms next to the spawn i would do in some sort of a honeycomb system. Means the base (floor, walls, ceiling) of a room including doors is like a honeycomb.
Handyman wrote:There has been a contest for spawns on planetminecraft: http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests ... t/entries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(warp: talarion)
My first idea was to place some players shops there. But now I think you can make a tutorial area of it or so other things.
On the side note, there is a dungeon below it, it could be used for the staff npc or create a minigame dungeon.

To get on the minigame idea (it kind of reminds me of munchkin(cardgame)), you need to travel through rooms, where you need to fight monsters or flee from the room. after you defeated the monster you get a treasures, these can be used to fight other monsters. It would be possible to do this with multiple players, however only one player can open the door and he may only get one player to help hem out. The monsters have a level, your level needs to be higher then that of the monster, you can try to fight a higher monster on your own, but it is not likely you can win from it.

To get back to the design of the building, it would be nice if you have 3 views upon exiting the spawn, to the left: mountains, to the front sea, to the right wheat or grassland.
Sounds creative to me i like it. Lets have more like this and thanks for the spawn contest link handy that is real inspiration. The floating island themes made my day cause of they are determined and they would bare the opportunity to use a lot of space inside the ground, build and on shattered islands, airships, balloons, etc. Even underground rooms in the body of the island can have windows where you can see some nice builds behind them. Image The joke i think is to keep the player excited. So if there are a few rooms to pass, at least every room should have some kick for the player. With windows to the outside we could show of awesome builds like as i mentioned airships shattered islands with trees, houses and always some perspective on a portal. Oh and every shattered island around the main could contain another craftland biome.
Shattered custome mushroom island biome for example. Image

Oh and by the way shall I add these textures as pack for craftland?
I mean I can give it a shot and i think it would work well.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... -and-stuff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yours
Soul

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:00 am

Content of the New Craftland Spawn

RGB Wool Headings for the portals AETHER, GREYCLIFF, WORLD, NETHER, PANGAEA, MINIGAMES with pixelart Icons like Pickaxe (World), crossed Swords (Minigames), shuffle (for Pangaea please), GREYCLIFF (AXE), AETHER (HAMMER OF NOTCH), NETHER (LAVABUKKIT)
RGB AETHER LOGO has to been when you join the SERVER!!! (PIXELART of the Banner)
Either NPC´s or littleblock statues of every mob. There has to be a couple of Aether mobs right away at the spawn when you join!
Use custom trees all around the place give it atmosphere (be a environmentalist by doing that)
Littleblock art has to be in sight when you join the server
use paintings to show whats possible
make it obvious what the player can do!
Galleryroom where all blocks of craftland are present
a plant room
a tutorial room

a gallery with paintings for screens according to the server
jukebox a bit away from the entrance point (joinpoint) so that the music doesnt start from the beginning.
texture pack from Pangaea for the spawn? looks great ;)

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Are some of the old things like the voteshop & the hall of fame being integrated?

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Toguno wrote:Are some of the old things like the voteshop & the hall of fame being integrated?

Yes of course but the have to be placed clever (besides pathways) and they should be open and easy accesable. For the Itemdisplay (not the blocks) we can use the tiny display cases for example. The voteshop should be embbeded into the spawn and fit to the style. The hall of fame is not bad, but I would rather place the people there in some sort of bar with their badest jokes on the lips. Imagine two sitting on a chair each with a potion (drink) in its hands and talking over some business or doing jokes. The hall of fame could be some hall type like valhall for example where the brave warriors (staff) of craftland sit and drink on the long table or in their seats in a bar or whatever. I mean two could complain about the stubbornes of the villagers. And that way we could fit the hall into the spawn and stay to the spawns style.

You like that?

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:34 pm

idk. I dont really like the staff sitting and drinking thing, i think it might be better to have like a giant room open for something like that with the retired staff in the hall. The demoted staff can be in a prison like setting within the new spawn.

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Toguno wrote:idk. I dont really like the staff sitting and drinking thing, i think it might be better to have like a giant room open for something like that with the retired staff in the hall. The demoted staff can be in a prison like setting within the new spawn.
Sure why not, was just an idea. But when it comes to the prison i am not happy with it. Then i would rather like to see the prison as bas in the nether where all the demoted staff drinks and says damn it I should have known that I am gonna land in this place?

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 am

The New Spawn needs over the portals some Woolheadings in that way.