McMMo Adjustments c:

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

McMMo Adjustments c:

Post by BeepBoop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:09 pm

So, everyone knows McMMo is long hard (Thats what she said) and just quite annoying. I feel like all the nerfs of the multiplier of McMMo has basically been put in place to prevent everybody on the server AFK grinding in a grinder all night long to get 1200 on everything. I just want to add that even doing that ^ AFK grinding all day long (I say all day long because people like me, Chance and Tjolleeeh and many others have second PC's that we can use to grind essentially 24/7. Bit sad. I KNOW) for days on end, is not efficient, as the multipliers from spawner grinders give players around 3 XP a kill, where the higher levels in McMMo are in the hundred-thousands range, so 24/7 aint gonna cut it in a spawner grinder. However in a non-spawner grinder, things are a bit more easy, you get around 100-200 XP a kill, still not much but alot better but the problem with this is that things go wrong with non spawner grinders as you dont know what mobs will spawn, maybe a creeper, skele, zombie or a spider, somehow something will fuck up and move you out of your afk grinding position. Even if you get it right down to the dot, it'll still take weeks of day and night grinding to get maxed, thats only including skills that include killing things, so that means 4 out of the 11, also afk grinding bows is fucking dreadful. Alright lets say somehow you maxed out Swords, Axes, Unarmed and Archery, now you gotta do the rest, most are quite easy like Mining, Excavation, Acrobatics, Herbalism and Woodcutting, but shit like repair and fishing are just tedious. Repairing is just long, repairing your own and others things 24/7, no efficient way of grinding it. And Fishing was afk grindable by either a script or an autoclick timer, the script was patched and the autoclick timer was very inefficient.

*sighs* Now non of that is actually relevant anymore as AFK grinding is now "criminalized"? eh we'll go with "bannable". I only explained all that to show you guys how fucking tedious it is to grind mcmmo with afk grinding. However now that afk grinding is bannable, along with autoclickers and scripts to grind. It makes it a hell of alot harder to afk grind, one example is, quite alot of people used to use autoclicker timers to grind fishing but they were still at their computer, so they thought its ok, but in the "AFK Grinding Ban" post its stated "No AFK grinding or using autoclickers to grind(including custom macros)", so thats out of the picture now meaning that to grind fishing you need to be at your computer clicking physically hours and hours on end staring at your screen to see if the lil bubbles come up. Your probably wondering aswell, how did the people that have maxed McMMo right now get maxed, well I can assure you some of them abused bugs, such as the ol' hammer of notch in a pool of withers and then swapping your tool, also the good ol' repairing bows with other bows from skele grinders which was OP as fek, how could I forgetti the famous setting the autoclicker to right click every 1ms and holding a bow with infinity at mobs. Just saying all those bugs I just stated are all patched so no point of trying :P, anyway also before the passing of afk grinding people still afk grinded, because the most that'd happen is a kick, this is how alot of people got fishing maxed, then during the period where it afk grinding was allowed, people did it more and had no punishment.

That leaves us here, with people complaining in chat saying McMMo is way to hard and tedious to grind, because we're left with the repercussions/nerfs of AFK grinding even though no one AFK grinds anymore. Meaning that levelling up is just hard as it was when afk grinding was allowed, imagine how hard it is to grind shit now! oh wait you dont gotta imagine, just log in and try maxing out your McMMo! :D

Well that was it, fucking hell didn't expect it to get that big (Thats what she said) So essentially what I would hope to happen is that McMMo multipliers will be looked at again and to be readjusted to Craftlands state now, as McMmo is just to long to grind, I know its not supposed to be something easily obtained but if it takes weeks of constant AFK grinding to get then their is clearly a problem, because now that afk grinding is bannable it takes wayyyyy longer.

tl;dr: We're still being haunted by AFK Grinding.

Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778

Re: McMMo Adjustments c:

Post by Blue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 pm

facts

Crovan
Premium 4
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,653 hours
Blocks Mined: 603,456
Achievements: 151

Post by Crovan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am

I'm okay with the fact that maxing MCMMO takes long af (punishment for those who try maxing ^^), sure, those who grinded earlier are in a better position now..
I agree however.. Fishing sucks. Even if it would be lowered by 10 it would still be annoying and a waste of lifetime.
In my opinion those Skills should be nerved:
- Fishing

Those could be nerved:
- Woodcutting
- Axes
- Archery

(I don't think repair needs to be nerved, instead repair exp gains could be enhanced if necessary)

zrckstzngvrhndrnndspßdbnxstmdwlrnchtmxdst
Last edited by Crovan on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6

Post by BeepBoop » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 am

I'm not sure you understood the post...
Why should people trying to max a skill be punished with hours and hours and hours of constant brain dead grinding, and like I said earlier most of the people who "grinded" before to get maxed, I know abused bugs or AFK grinded and now because of their actions there have been nerfs put in place to decrease the multipliers in which some McMMo skills increase by.

USER_AVATAR
Angouleme01
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 103 hours
Blocks Mined: 214,703
Achievements: 61

Post by Angouleme01 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 am

I can't say anything else than. 'I agree'

Mcmmo is painful on CL.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Crovan wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am
I'm okay with the fact that maxing MCMMO takes long af (punishment for those who try maxing ^^), sure, those who grinded earlier are in a better position now..
I agree however.. Fishing sucks. Even if it would be lowered by 10 it would still be annoying and a waste of lifetime.
- Fishing

Those could be nerved:
- Unarmed
- Woodcutting
- Axes
- Archery

(I don't think repair needs to be nerved, instead repair exp gains could be enhanced if necessary)
I played over 4500 hours yet not maxed out on mcmmo there is clearly something wrong with mcmmo. your adding to making stuff even more messed up than just remove mcmmo if you don't want it to be added in the first place, if that is not your point than don't respond with nerving more junk...
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Crovan wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am
- Fishing

Those could be nerved:
- Unarmed
- Woodcutting
- Axes
- Archery

I dont think any of the mcmmo skill has to be nerfed.
Unarming was really easy to max out.
In my opinion Mcmmo has to stay like it is.

You need a lot of discipline and try hard, so you can get your Mcmmo powerlevel. Mcmmo gives a huge advantage in arena or 1vs1, so the time you have to spend is justified.

I think I worked myself 200h on Mcmmo (could be more or less) to reach lvl. 10000 and it was pretty ok. The advantage is you have something to do and dont get bored. Use music and everything is fine.

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6

Post by BeepBoop » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 pm

PLEASE READ MY POST PROPERLY
I DONT WANT TO NERF MCMMO I WANT THE EXACT OPPOSITE

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Hadesbino wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 pm
PLEASE READ MY POST PROPERLY
I DONT WANT TO NERF MCMMO I WANT THE EXACT OPPOSITE
Crovan...
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:36 pm

I don't really see the point of changing McMMO.

In order to give you what you want the best way would be to reduce the max level (rather than buff every other aspect) .I think McMMO is one of the things that not supposed to be maxed, the more time you invest the higher level you get.

Other than resting the stats for people who abused bugs/AFK Grinding I don't see a valid solution.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.