Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.

Should the economy be reset?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 39

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by Kye » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:50 pm

lmao money has no worth on this server so why not
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Cody wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm
The craftland economy suffers from something every economy suffers from and a hard reset of money only delays the issue and now with pirate spawners it wont even delay it that much, will resetting it may be an option i feel we should also do other stuff to prevent it from eaching such a state again like introducing a tax on shop chests to try and keep the economy from growing too large
Also forbidding afk-Grinding and afk-Mcmmo
AFK-Grinding should be forbidden because everyone is like "yay No-Lifer for nothing , 1million for nothing " or People simply grind items

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 pm

either reset everything, worlds, money, highscores (basically everything besides playtime, ranks and maybe achievements) or dont reset anything at all. I feel like resetting just the money will only screw things up more for the reasons i believe randoro named earlier. (im not even going to get into all the things that are wrong with the server as a whole atm)

I would personally start playing again if there were to be a full reset, but unless there is a way for people to download the old maps and play them in singleplayer i doubt that will ever happen.

Edit: what is with this new forum layout? its lagging my whole computer :lol:

USER_AVATAR
Bubik2
Premium 6
Played: 3,175 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,526,782
Achievements: 256

Post by Bubik2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Frost wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 pm
either reset everything, worlds, money, highscores (basically everything besides playtime, ranks and maybe achievements) or dont reset anything at all. I feel like resetting just the money will only screw things up more for the reasons i believe randoro named earlier. (im not even going to get into all the things that are wrong with the server as a whole atm)

I would personally start playing again if there were to be a full reset, but unless there is a way for people to download the old maps and play them in singleplayer i doubt that will ever happen.

Edit: what is with this new forum layout? its lagging my whole computer :lol:
I agree with Frost only Money reset would screw the game up so a 'big reset' would be better but it would cost a lot of time
Btw my PC is lagging too with the layout.
Just a Bubik :O
(My English is always bad)

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:33 pm

New layout was necessary for reasons that I already forgot! Lol.

And back on topic; kinda useless to have an eco reset after telling everyone. Just gives people time to get out of the eco.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Post by Neo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Yes, but also get rid of pirtates spawning money if you want the reset to do anything, and it seems really useless without a full server reset
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

USER_AVATAR
noah1359
Premium 2
Last login: 11 months ago
Played: 230 hours
Blocks Mined: 153,570
Achievements: 93

Post by noah1359 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:16 am

They should really just add ways to make money burn like other rpg games.

Red
Premium 5
Accountname: red2minecraft
Played: 2,004 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,615,147
Achievements: 215

Post by Red » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm feeling more like a hard reset, like what frost said.
~Red :cheesy:

USER_AVATAR
hiddensavage
Premium 4
Accountname: 2hairman2
Last login: 11 months ago
Played: 2,100 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,903,288
Achievements: 178

Post by hiddensavage » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 pm

No. The economy should not be reset. Resetting the economy isn't going to magically fix everything. In fact it would make it worse. Hades, the one who made this post, has most likely bought millions worth in items. Resetting the economy would make it so that everyone who ever sold something and didn't spend the money they earned gave their stuff away. A more plausible solution is to roll back the server before pirate spawners... remove blue pirate spawners, then refund the money anyone lost from buying special offers. I most definitely do not what that to happen as I would lose many hours of actual work (I mean not afk grinding) and I am not alone. The people who approved of pirate spawners should have seen this coming. They honestly only have three logical and fair-ish solutions.
1. Total server wipe, which in my opinion would kill the server.
2. Roll back and remove pirate spawners.
3. Just keep letting money become more and more worthless.
Just to let you guys know, all you people getting millions from pirates, then buying all you can in fear of the eco reset is hurting the economy more than you know. You guys are hording all the valuable/rare items on the server, and to make it worse, not even selling anything. And for the people who need to know how that causes inflation, imagine you are a very rich shop owner. You had millions worth in shop items. Some guy went ans bought all the cheap valuables and resources on the market. Well now you are left with millions, but the only thing you can spend it on is items that may be triple the price. If you still don't get it, then I can't help you.
Bottom line is in my opinion the eco reset is insane even though I myself am not wealthy in money.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:50 am

Touching on what Damien said, not all are not selling items. I have been spending the majority of my pirate money on items that I've been using then selling, selling for more, etc etc. When I'd originally thought "Hey, there might be an eco reset, since we did it last time the eco got this crazy.", it was even more of a force for me to spend all the money I was making; Which is why I spent 11mil on buying villagers, etc.

That being said, people like Hades who are hoarding the items are just making the situation worse. We don't need a few people controlling the entire economy.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.