Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Weekly News: April 10th

Post by Arbr » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 pm

I know it has been a long time since we had a Weekly News. Recently I have had personal issues going on which made these posts be put on the side for the time being. But I will be starting to try getting these going again so everyone can be informed with what is going on. I also hope we can get your feedback on a few things which will be in this post.

Last Week ReCap:

More like last two weeks, but anyways.

Perm Ban Lift:

Last week we had a Massive Perm Ban Lift. Some players had concerns about this and I can see why. The reasoning is mainly due to rule changes and/or their ban either being well served or not even needed. Sure there is the benefit that some players might come back which is not a bad thing. Some people might be concerned that we are just letting people back who are just going to cause issues. I want to make clear that yes sure some of these people might come and cause some issues, but I want to make it clear that if they choose to do that then they will quickly find themselves re-banned. Some of the players that were banned had their ban back in 2013 which was about 3-4 years ago. People can change within that amount of time and its good for us to give them a chance to see if they have changed.

More UnBans will be happening within the year but only if the staff feels the player has done their time and we can feel right to bring them back.

Credit Shop Release:

On the credit shop we had a few new items come out like the Grand Cross Sword Skin.

We are currently working on bringing more skins to the server in more ways than just credit shop. But we want to know, what would you change about the skins that are currently on the credit shop? are the prices too much? are credits too expensive? is there nothing interesting? Please leave your feedback about the credit shop and what items you would like to see added there.

Staff Promotion:

We are still looking for 1 or 2 more people to be promoted to helper. If you wish to be part of the staff please apply on the helper application section of the forum.

But we did manage to promote one player to helper recently and so far has been doing a wonderful job. Congratulations to Swedegoalie ! We hope you continue to do an amazing job and help our community.

Deepvale:

Deepvale has been an on going project for craftland to bring a new and interesting greycliff style world for the players to enjoy. Soon production will be starting up again due to schedules freeing up so this is what we need from you guys. What blocks, Items, or Structures would you like to see generate in this world? We are especially looking for ideas when it comes to Arctic Biomes, Oceans, and Beaches / Deserts.

Tournaments:

We are also going to try to start and make some more tournaments for the community to participate and get prizes from. What type of tournaments or contests would you like to see? Video Contest? Quake Tournaments? Roller coaster Contest? Skin Contest? Anything feel free to suggest. These will most likely be the things we will also stream for the community when we are judging or watching over.

Suggestions:

Lastly I wanted to see what everyone's ideas were on the following textures. These can be used for anything but just needs suggestion for uses. Please note that this doesn't mean these textures will be actual items coming to craftland. They are textures that were laying around and had no use and I (Arbr) wanted to see what everyone's ideas would be when it came to them. What could be the items name and purpose.

Image Image

That is it for this week. I know there was a lot of questions that we wanted to know. But hopefully everyone can at least answer one of our questions. For now have fun!

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Re: Weekly News: April 10th

Post by moomon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 pm

I am with every other person when it comes to the unban. WHY? they were banned in 2013 do you really think they are creeping in the forums after beeing permabanned hoping to get unbanned? it truly feels like you unbanned to get more people to come on to make more money or just to get more people on. (the server is currently dead realise it most of the times when i come on there is like 1 or 2 people online. in my time the server used to have 40-50 players sometimes the server was even full.)

I would still like to see a axe skin for the people using axes as a weapon.

Do we know if deepvale will be a world for new players or for old players? i hope it is for old players to give content. new armors that would compete with the valkyrie armor or perfect diamond armor. weapons that will compete with valkyrie sword and perfect diamond axes. new bows that wont be as useless (hardly sees anyone with a bow for the boss anymore)

something cool for the Deepvale world might be world bosses that spawn randomly in the wold with a low spawn chance that dropps something rare. i think that is a essential part of late game content. give the players something to grind for, like a rare boss in the world that gives rare items.
Last edited by moomon on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:37 pm

What happend to the stews of caught fish which pig forgot to make invisible in creative, also what happend to the diamond shield etc ?
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Nox wrote:What happend to the stews of caught fish which pig forgot to make invisible in creative, also what happend to the diamond shield etc ?
Diamond shield has never been a thing?

Soups and stews are coming.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Was in creative for a while?
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 18 hours ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Post by BlasterG717 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 pm

moomon wrote:I am with every other person when it comes to the unban. WHY? they were banned in 2013 do you really think they are creeping in the forums after beeing permabanned hoping to get unbanned? it truly feels like you unbanned to get more people to come on to make more money or just to get more people on. (the server is currently dead realise it most of the times when i come on there is like 1 or 2 people online. in my time the server used to have 40-50 players sometimes the server was even full.)
Exactly. However I feel like they unbanned the older players to make the ban lift look like it was taking away other player's bans other than recent players that have been banned. In other words, I believe the lift was only for a couple certain players.
Last edited by BlasterG717 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 18 hours ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Post by BlasterG717 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Also, with skins, I feel like a lot of them are being overpriced. I don't honestly think people are gonna pay that much, given what players are left, for just an accessory that has no real use but to look cool. Just my opinion, no hate intended.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Highly agree with most of Moomon's points.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.