Premium 6
Accountname: TiLT_Memo
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 3,124 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,218,022
Achievements: 244

Re: Is the Nether/End hard enough?

Post by TiLT » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Jovaniph wrote:Maybe getting rid of Nether related Mob Spawners would actually make the Nether less useless (Wither Skeleton Spawners was the biggest mistake)...

As for the end, I honestly think there is too many instances and are exploited very easily.
agreed wither skeleton spawners were a huge mistake

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:20 am

pig001 wrote:Im looking for any opinions on the nether and end, and if people think its too difficult, not difficult enough, any ideas how to do either of the two options?

Furthermore, is there any features from vanilla or other mods people would like to see added to either dimension?

Thanks in advance.
Well the nether now has no use seeming skeleton grinders in the nether are pointless now, next Ender dragon spawners will be a thing. The only reason me and a lot of other people used the nether for was looking for blaze spawners or wither skeleton grinders. Also seems that soon sky shadowlands will be pointless soon as well because of the special offer for blizz spawners but no where the extent of the nether...
You pretty much can't fix the nether because wither skeletons are available now the end still has a chance tho bosses need to be harder and armour needs to be weaker.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
Cody
Premium 5
Accountname: CodySewell
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 4,288 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,979,077
Achievements: 163

Post by Cody » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:04 am

if you made bosses harder and armour weaker that would only further the gap between op players and non op players make the boss harder simply or op stuff easier to get either way, why should the stuff that people worked hard to get become easier to get or nerfed because its too op and newer players have a hard time getting it

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:48 am

I agree with Darkwayers, Make players have to wear Red Leather armor (To reduce the heat in Nether from killing them) If you do not have a full set of Red Leather Armor on you will lose a heart every 5 seconds like in Zelda where u needed a red Tunic. and for the end make players have to wear Black Leather as a requirement too, so it will give protection aganist dragon's and other armor's wont have any resistance aganist dragon's attacks that so both nether and End will become very challenging.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6
Accountname: build_to_the_top
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 2,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,021,914
Achievements: 175

Post by Build » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:55 pm

The dragon in the end is just too easy and gives too much xp.
In my eyes this could work: make the dragon harder (a lot actually) and make it not possible to leave the end if the dragon is still alive. However, add a portal to get back to the normal world if you cannot manage to kill the dragon. (I think this was added in minecraft as well)

In my eyes, people should stop complaining about "beginners getting stuff not fast enough". Honestly, the only two things keeping players motivated to play minecraft in general is 1) to get the new, op or rare items and 2) build stuff (which is not a long lasting activity for everyone).
And with all the auto-afk-grinding beginners can find stuff so cheap in shops, so the activity of collecting, farming yourself is also dead.

Considering the nether, for a time nether stars were too rare to get considering the amount needed to craft stuff. However, I support the idea that giving wither skeleton spawners as donation item was a really big mistake. It kills the purpose of the nether. the only thing left to do there would be collecting nether quartz. An idea could be to include new/general ores into the nether however increase the amount of drops so you there is an incentive to go there and mine. maybe consequently increasing pvp fights there. which could be fun but I already see the possible discussions if someone is killed and items taken; as usually. Deny the "inventory keep" function of premiums in the nether. So it is a fair fight.

All in all difficulty should be increased a lot in my eyes. Beginners should work hard to build up their gear. Its the only thing keeping players playing. If you get everything to easy it is no fun at all.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Build wrote:The dragon in the end is just too easy and gives too much xp.
In my eyes this could work: make the dragon harder (a lot actually) and make it not possible to leave the end if the dragon is still alive. However, add a portal to get back to the normal world if you cannot manage to kill the dragon. (I think this was added in minecraft as well)

In my eyes, people should stop complaining about "beginners getting stuff not fast enough". Honestly, the only two things keeping players motivated to play minecraft in general is 1) to get the new, op or rare items and 2) build stuff (which is not a long lasting activity for everyone).
And with all the auto-afk-grinding beginners can find stuff so cheap in shops, so the activity of collecting, farming yourself is also dead.

Considering the nether, for a time nether stars were too rare to get considering the amount needed to craft stuff. However, I support the idea that giving wither skeleton spawners as donation item was a really big mistake. It kills the purpose of the nether. the only thing left to do there would be collecting nether quartz. An idea could be to include new/general ores into the nether however increase the amount of drops so you there is an incentive to go there and mine. maybe consequently increasing pvp fights there. which could be fun but I already see the possible discussions if someone is killed and items taken; as usually. Deny the "inventory keep" function of premiums in the nether. So it is a fair fight.

All in all difficulty should be increased a lot in my eyes. Beginners should work hard to build up their gear. Its the only thing keeping players playing. If you get everything to easy it is no fun at all.
it's better to go to mining for nether quartz, the nether world is empty and useless
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

camyoshi
Premium 6
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,828 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,764,100
Achievements: 203

Post by camyoshi » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Here's my idea for the nether (this may require a reset):

Nether dungeons
Made out of "Nether cobblestone", a new decorative block (you can also create netherstone by smelting it). The dungeon is the same as normal dungeons, except for the spawners. It could be a blaze spawner (14%), a zombie pigman spawner (10%), a magma cube spawner (1%), or a skeleton spawner (75%).

Large nether dungeons
Like greycliff/mining dungeons, these are only made out of hellfire stone (igneous rock sometimes) and contain great loot, including supply crate keys and a new item, the nether orb. The nether orb is like the aether orb, but can give low-leveled items like quartz, obsidian, rubies, and onyx, and the jackpot item: Firestone. This very hot item can be used to fuel a furnace 10 times longer than a lava bucket and can also be used in the disenchanter.

Nether Stronghold
This is very rare, but if you manage to find one, you will notice that it is similar to the ones in greycliff. Instead of stone bricks, it would be made of netherstone bricks. Now here's the cool part: In place of the end portal is a new portal. You will need a new type of "eye" to activate the portal (and find the portal). The recipe for the new eye requires 5 levels of flux (at a flux altar) and one eye of ender. Once you enter the portal, you will be taken to a new end island. These islands contain everything that was added in Minecraft 1.9 and the islands are much bigger. I even have an image of the stronghold's portal room:

http://imgur.com/a/ZVfeo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USER_AVATAR
Hamster
Premium 6
Accountname: hamham1111
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,629 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,762,853
Achievements: 221

Post by Hamster » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Maybe take away the dragon has a crit spot on its head where it does way more damage, could make the fight possibly more difficult
[center]nice meme bigboy[/center]

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Hammy wrote:Maybe take away the dragon has a crit spot on its head where it does way more damage, could make the fight possibly more difficult
A lag fix on a dragon would make more sense first instead of making it harder.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Tweety
Premium 6
Accountname: YellowBird
Played: 603 hours
Blocks Mined: 559,240
Achievements: 107

Post by Tweety » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:29 am

As for the Nether, it would be nice to see the Nether from Biomes O plenty plus Natura additions. Makes the Nether beautiful and there could be even biomes of your own like lets say out of smoldering grass with trees out of walls and leaves like redleaves from the 4seasons forest we have.
In the Nether I would just add all sorts of mobs from GOG2 with that theme. Incubus, minotaur, etc.

As for the End-dimension. Just don´t have it or if you like to then have the boss as normal mob there and the world no longer stupid naked islands but maybe an skyland with all sorts of biomes we already have. That would be nice to explore and bosses would just become a fearsome enemy there. Give them a random color code and levels like in the greycliff world. Means you can for example encounter a little blue one with HP like the normal black one.
In the new skyland you can just spawn whatever is left from the GOG2 mobs.

If you like to I would bounce of ideas. Hope you got something for you here.