Slendyy
Accountname: EnderBoy22
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 131 hours
Blocks Mined: 38,300
Achievements: 32

Tomb Stone Chests

Post by Slendyy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:23 am

I heard that this topic was discussed before, but I do want to bring it up. I and others agree that if a person who isn't on for more that 5(24 hour days) other players should be able to access the chest. 5 days is plenty of time to find the chest if the player that died had values in it. Also there are some players with chests, and have not been on for at least a week. So hopefully my suggestion will be considered.

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Re: Tomb Stone Chests

Post by Killgun » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 am

Eh, I don't fully disagree. I don't think they should be unlocked, they should just disappear.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

USER_AVATAR
Slendyy
Accountname: EnderBoy22
Played: 131 hours
Blocks Mined: 38,300
Achievements: 32

Post by Slendyy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm

You have a point, but you could have a chance after the days are up to get something valuable, so does everyone else.

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Post by Killgun » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Even so, that might just ruin the economy if, lets say, it was an admin in survival mode who died and dropped a TON of rare stuff? Or maybe someone greifed those items, and then you get them. Your in big trouble then.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 27 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm

maybe you should be able to look someone else's chest after a certain time for a fee. Then you wont know weather it is a just a block of dirt in the chest or a diamond pickaxe.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Jinx
Premium 5
Accountname: Vantacular1218
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,438 hours
Blocks Mined: 892,225
Achievements: 148

Post by Jinx » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:53 pm

If you could open chests after a period of time, people would be covering up or hiding chests, then opening them. Maybe like nick said, for a fee you can look inside.
Wagablaga. Vantacular. Vanta. Vanse. Van. Depends on who's asking.

TheAmazingAdam
Played: 1 hour
Blocks Mined: 21
Achievements: 82

Post by TheAmazingAdam » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 am

If someone had valuables in their inventory and died, thus the tombstone having valuables, wouldn't it be the person's first priority to get to the tombstone? I think they should unlock after a time. Also, who knows if they disappear, what bugs would come with it?
http://forum.craftland.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=759 <-- I am Cynthriel. And a girl.

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 am

TheAmazingAdam wrote:Also, who knows if they disappear, what bugs would come with it?
Absolutely none. time-outs for protection and existence are a feature of the plugin itself.

However, I'd prefer them to timeout, less bother, less problems, less wealth. Be poor >:D
TheAmazingAdam wrote:If someone had valuables in their inventory and died, thus the tombstone having valuables, wouldn't it be the person's first priority to get to the tombstone?
Imagine Player A is roaming around with Player B. They are in the middle of nowhere. Player A Dies. Player B builds a box around his deathchest, so Player A cannot warp to it, and waits till the timer runs out to rob him blind.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

TheAmazingAdam
Played: 1 hour
Blocks Mined: 21
Achievements: 82

Post by TheAmazingAdam » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am

blobbosezhi2 wrote:
TheAmazingAdam wrote:Also, who knows if they disappear, what bugs would come with it?
Absolutely none. time-outs for protection and existence are a feature of the plugin itself.

However, I'd prefer them to timeout, less bother, less problems, less wealth. Be poor >:D
TheAmazingAdam wrote:If someone had valuables in their inventory and died, thus the tombstone having valuables, wouldn't it be the person's first priority to get to the tombstone?
Imagine Player A is roaming around with Player B. They are in the middle of nowhere. Player A Dies. Player B builds a box around his deathchest, so Player A cannot warp to it, and waits till the timer runs out to rob him blind.
I meant the chests disappearing, not the protection. I'm all for protection warring off over a course of 5 days - 1 week.

There is /ts pickup if someone is really going to be that jerkwadful to build a box around someone's chest. Also, if there were valuables (which was the case I was talking about) and the player had over 5 days to get his items back, don't you think he could tell someone that he died in somewhere that had room? Or sum up enough money to use /ts pickup?
http://forum.craftland.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=759 <-- I am Cynthriel. And a girl.