EDIT: Study is over, thank you to everyone that participated!
As you may or may not know about me, I’m in the middle of writing my bachelor thesis in Computer Science with specialization in Game Development. I’m conducting a study that interlaces my thesis and I need test participants.
Therefore I would appreciate any help. Simply complete some tests and answer some questions.
I reckon you’ll need about one hour of spare time to complete the tests. I do realize that it’s much to ask for and some of you might find just the thought boring, please consider the following.
- Things to consider:
- You’ll get 1 million craftland coins (if staff team allows this)
- If our game ships (i.e. if the game we are developing on the side of this, based on the generator gets greenlit), free steamkeys to all participants (however it should be noted that I personally think there's a <5% chance this will happen.)
- You’ll get to create your own landscape using the TGen generator.
- You’ll get to try out some of Unity (beta develompent)’s newest features.
- You’ll get to create procedurally generated landscapes (like how minecraft landscape generation works).
- You’ll get to keep the source code after the tests (MIT Software licence).
- Randoro will be forever thankful.
- No programming skills are required.
- Be 18ish+ of age, and/or be familiar enough with the English language to understand the instructions.
What exactly are you collecting?
Test participants are presented with different tools from the TGen generator. We collect information from how you use those tools, and what you produce using those tools. Basically we are gathering statistics to be used in the thesis.
When does the chance to participate expire?
15th of May 2017 (But this could be changed).
Will I be able to participate on a low-end computer? (a shitty one)
You probably still will be able to use Unity, might take a little longer for the TGen to generate though.
What does TGen and the generated landscapes look like?
Here’s a link to an album containing images from the full TGen generator:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/db9udll9c62f ... s20ba?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This study will only focus on the landscape generation aspect (no trees other other objects).
Explain the study in more detail.
- Download and Install the required material
- Follow instructions and use the generator
- Save and send us the files you created
- Fill in a survey
I'm interested, where/how do I sign up?
Post in this thread so that I know you are interested and I will catch you on teamspeak (if possible), or contact you in some other prefered way. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So with that I hope to get some backing from the ol’ craftland crew
I need help getting more study participants, earn heavy $$$, help a brother out.