Premium 6
Accountname: ModOfLife
Last login: 1 month ago
Played: 3,034 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,100,883
Achievements: 188

Re: Gone for a few days; maybe weeks

Post by Lux » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Well, there is a known problem with the PSUs that are lower tier than the RMi series from Corsair. I.e: the CX, CS and VS Series from Corsair all use poor (most likely Chinese) capacitors, and the HX, AXi, RM and RMi versions use the good Japanese capacitors. Another well-known problem with the bad PSUs, is that they tend to make an annoying noise - which would and could be the poor capacitors supplied with them. You should have done some more research, so it's somewhat your own fault - not blaming nor hating you, so don't take this as personally, but understand it as help for future purchases. So make sure you do some research about the PC components you want, before you buy them.
http://i.giphy.com/1VKi2xud4qsrS.gif
http://www.strawpoll.me/80648

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Gone for a few days; maybe weeks

Post by amp » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:14 am

Hippo wrote:Well, there is a known problem with the PSUs that are lower tier than the RMi series from Corsair. I.e: the CX, CS and VS Series from Corsair all use poor (most likely Chinese) capacitors, and the HX, AXi, RM and RMi versions use the good Japanese capacitors. Another well-known problem with the bad PSUs, is that they tend to make an annoying noise - which would and could be the poor capacitors supplied with them. You should have done some more research, so it's somewhat your own fault - not blaming nor hating you, so don't take this as personally, but understand it as help for future purchases. So make sure you do some research about the PC components you want, before you buy them.
Did some research. Found out about the coil whine noise, but, didn't hear anything about them blowing up from my research, plus I have 2 friends who use them for 2+ years, so I went for it. XD
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.