Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Hey guys,

Post by amp » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:56 am

So, Macklemore released a new song. It's up there with "Same Love" on how touching it is. It's called Kevin.

This song is very political, and talks about pharmaceutical industry, and more.

Listen here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-sFbu4K-Zs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then reply. Tell me what you think, etc.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Seox
Premium 4
Accountname: Se0xX
Played: 812 hours
Blocks Mined: 796,973
Achievements: 164

Re: Hey guys,

Post by Seox » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:33 pm

a great piece of art.
I like Swets.

You smell.

Good.

USER_AVATAR
Bling
Premium 5
Accountname: egaughan
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 653 hours
Blocks Mined: 503,846
Achievements: 101

Post by Bling » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:15 pm

"But me? I don't blame Kev or his mom freebasing while pregnant with him"
I cry ery time

Caity
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: Cbaby1011
Played: 6,100 hours
Blocks Mined: 11,531,962
Achievements: 261

Post by Caity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:06 am

Having experienced many different parts of the medical field, the pharmaceutical industry is the most "corrupt". It is sad to see people that could barely afford to take care of themselves because they spend loads on a name brand medication because its the only thing that would work. Pharmaceutical companies sometimes "buy out" doctors, basically telling them that if they prescribe their medication they will earn some profit off of it, so of course they end up doing it. These medications sometimes cost thousands of dollars without insurance and some of the medication covered with insurance can still cost hundreds. When I was doing an internship in a pharmacy, this man came to the counter and was talking to the Pharm. Tech. and i over heard their conversation. The poor man was diagnosed with HIV after somehow contracting it. He had some pretty cheap insurance and the medicine he needed to help him extend his life was so expensive, it ended up costing about $500 for a month supply. On another topic, some personal stuff has happened recently. Someone very close to me ended up overdosing on some medication that can cause some serious brain damage. Luckily they are okay but it still pissed me off because the doctor knew what had happened recently and that they had a history of depression and he still prescribed them it. I really hope the "corrupt" part of the pharmaceutical industry ends up going away.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:54 am

Caity wrote:Having experienced many different parts of the medical field, the pharmaceutical industry is the most "corrupt". It is sad to see people that could barely afford to take care of themselves because they spend loads on a name brand medication because its the only thing that would work. Pharmaceutical companies sometimes "buy out" doctors, basically telling them that if they prescribe their medication they will earn some profit off of it, so of course they end up doing it. These medications sometimes cost thousands of dollars without insurance and some of the medication covered with insurance can still cost hundreds. When I was doing an internship in a pharmacy, this man came to the counter and was talking to the Pharm. Tech. and i over heard their conversation. The poor man was diagnosed with HIV after somehow contracting it. He had some pretty cheap insurance and the medicine he needed to help him extend his life was so expensive, it ended up costing about $500 for a month supply. On another topic, some personal stuff has happened recently. Someone very close to me ended up overdosing on some medication that can cause some serious brain damage. Luckily they are okay but it still pissed me off because the doctor knew what had happened recently and that they had a history of depression and he still prescribed them it. I really hope the "corrupt" part of the pharmaceutical industry ends up going away.
Exactly. We can import food from all over the world, but we can't get drugs from Canada, make sense right? Big pharmaceuticals owns our lives.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.