Everything else goes here!
buildhard8
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 262 hours
Blocks Mined: 143,936
Achievements: 82

command lines, cornets, and kernels.

Post by buildhard8 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:15 am

So, yesterday I made the horrible decision to attempt to install arch linux. About 14 hours of work later, I think I may have everything (moderatly) stable, or at least until I reboot. Somewhere last night when I initially tried to install arch linux, I chose the 32 bit version instead of 64 bit, how? I was tired enough that I don't even remember about 40% of the installation, causing me about 4-5 extra hours of mind-numbing work. Then, because of my broadcom card, I was blessed with spending even more time to make that work, so about 24 hours later, I went from lubuntu to arch linux. I have no idea what I have gained, but I can tell you exactly how to install some useless broadcom drivers, and in the end, is that not what life is all about?
Anyway, I probably won't be on much (at all) this next week, band camp will be dominating my life from 7am to 10pm. That said, I wish everyone a magical week, free from the cold, dark, soul draining command line.

"I'd sign this if I could, but I can't. My handwritting is terrible anyways." -The mighty Foxmander.
"With no magnetic field, Mars has no natural defense against harsh solar radiation. If I were exposed to it, I'd get so much cancer, the cancer would have cancer."