USER_AVATAR
xxmasal22xx
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 268 hours
Blocks Mined: 67,304
Achievements: 50

Masal's application for the Moderator rank/position

Post by xxmasal22xx » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:02 am

Hello there everybody, in case you do not know me, I am xxmasal22xx(my minecraft name), but call me Masal. I've been playing on the server for a while, and have gotten to know a bunch of pretty cool people, talked coding with nide a bit, and made some pretty great and irreplaceable friends.

I am 15 years old, and I joined this server about a month or two ago(i think). I am now the Special Unit rank and have approximately 7 1/2 days of playtime on the server. In my free time I like to code mods and problem-solve errors and such in my coding. I enjoy tinkering around inside computers, and am a huge gamer, as well as an amazing artist (drawing and paint.net/photoshop).

I think I would be a good choice for Moderator for a few different reasons. First off, I run my own server with about 10 people that are active, and 8 of them are people that i do not know. It is a pretty successful community and everyone respects my rules, as long as i clearly explain them. I am also an admin on a server called Connorcraft, which is a private server my friend hosts. I know how to solve problems that may come up such as not following rules, helping a player whitelist, reminding others of commands if needed, and maintaining order on the server whenever i am needed.

Lastly, often times, I will be online all night long, and ill be the only one online. One person will join the irc, and either ask me if i am able to whitelist, or someone will need help with something in game, such as resetting a dungeon, or getting answers to a question they may have about the economy, ranks, warps, etc. As a moderator, i wont have to say "unfortunatley i cant help, im not a mod", i will be able to help them when im the only one around.

Thank you for your time everyone, and i hope you pick me for a moderator :)

~Masal
My first Minecraft mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/974 ... nture-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My youtube, mostly Minecraft based:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxmasal22xx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arttu
Accountname: Miner_Arttu
Played: 745 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,020,883
Achievements: 95

Re: Masal's application for the Moderator rank/position

Post by Arttu » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm

First of all, even if you were a moderator, you couldn't reset dungeons. That's Admin level stuff.

Second:
I've seen you around quite a bit.
First off, you were annoying and in my face all the time.
You have been interfering with my work even after I've told you your help is not needed SEVERAL times.
You once asked me to TP yourself to me to "show me something" only to attack me with poison darts (in newworld). Did you not read the servers rules? It's like the second rule: "Don't try to attack other players"
We have a lot of people on this server, a lot of them have played as much as you on Craftland, and quite a few have played more. All of us can answer questions about general things, even detailed questions. That's a natural phenomenon in a community, so that's not really something to put in your CV to be made moderator.

Bottom line is, you don't appear to be a stable guy. Your moods seem to swing a bit, you actually got angry when I said "Your mother." naturally not knowing anything about you and your family. Imagine, if you were a moderator, and I was a player, and I said the same. You would do a backflip as you ban me. Also, you've suddenly started to get really polite and stuff, conveniently right before applying for moderator. I'd say it's suspicious.
I was a cheeky butthole before I was a moderator, and am one still.

Sorry kid, even though I don't call the shots, I can say that if I did, it would certainly be a "NO".

USER_AVATAR
xxmasal22xx
Played: 268 hours
Blocks Mined: 67,304
Achievements: 50

Re: Masal's application for the Moderator rank/position

Post by xxmasal22xx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 am

I understand what you are saying. Everything you have mentioned does make sence now that i actually take the time to think it out. And i do have something to say about the being really polite "nd stuff" I've realized that in order to actually be a moderator on a successful server such as this one, Im going to have to be polite and deal with non-polite individuals at some point. Its nothing suspicious, its just that I want to change for the better, and improve upon myself. And being polite and such is the way ive chosen to do exactly that. As for what you're referring to as "polite" im not entirley sure if its me asking how everyone is or something entireley different, but for asking how people are doing, thats something ive always done :)
My first Minecraft mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/974 ... nture-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My youtube, mostly Minecraft based:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxmasal22xx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;