Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Riddle!

Post by Adam » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm

There is a kingdom. This kingdom has a fair, smart king. After years of running the kingdom, it was the dreaded time for the King to retire. He had 2 sons, both of which he could never choose upon. He decided a contest shall decide the new king. Kingdom law required only 1 king. These 2 sons, both fit to rule and desire becoming the new king, accepted the contest. The first prince got on a white horse. The second prince got on a black horse. They rode out, miles from the kingdom, with nothing but one jug of water. The first horse to return to the kingdom lost. It was simple: survive as long as you can outside the kingdom. They sat out for 3 days, looking back at the kingdom they wish was theirs. Suddenly one of the princes had an idea. He explained it to the other prince. Minutes later, they were both racing back to the kingdom. Why did they do that?

Like it? I remembered hearing this when I was young. I tweaked only what I did not remember, the basic riddle is the same. First one to guess it gets 3500 Craftland coins and a stack of emeralds!
Last edited by Adam on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join

GLaDOS
Premium 2
Location: Literally everywhere in the universe simultaneously
Accountname: Hot_Taco_Monkey
Played: 492 hours
Blocks Mined: 116,611
Achievements: 90

Re: Riddle!

Post by GLaDOS » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:02 pm

They switched horses then raced back to the kingdom.
Have I lied to you?
I mean, in this room?

USER_AVATAR
patisfat
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 232 hours
Blocks Mined: 30,030
Achievements: 31

Post by patisfat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:52 pm

they were not on the horses. First horse to return lost...

Adam
Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Post by Adam » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Congratulations to GLaDOS for being the solver of this riddle! If they switched horses, since first to return lost, it turned from a wait-out to a race. I will make more! Any mods/admins may delete this post at any time, I encourage them to.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join