Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Computerz!

Post by Killgun » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Hey, well, I thought about getting a new computer. Since the only thing I really ever do is play games, use the internet, and hack (and rarely do homework), I thought I'd get a computer that allows CPU Intensive games to be played without lag. And then, of course, my friend gave me a recommendation. This is supposed to be the best gaming computer in the world...but I'm not getting the best model, I'm getting the one with a Solid State Drive so it lags a LOT less, even if it has less Hard-drive space. I thought about the laptops, but they cost more and you can't switch out the graphics card when a new one comes out or add RAM if you plan on doing something big.

This is the computer he turned me towards: http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-auro ... x?~ck=anav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Third one from the left, 256 GB Solid State Drive.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

USER_AVATAR
Ejweske
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 258 hours
Blocks Mined: 111,757
Achievements: 69

Re: Computerz!

Post by Ejweske » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 am

No. Alienware = OverPriced.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

greiko5
Premium 3
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 564 hours
Blocks Mined: 76,757
Achievements: 72

Post by greiko5 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:42 am

Ejweske wrote:No. Alienware = OverPriced.
pleaaaasssse, they may be a bit pricey but they are worth it. ever since i got mine i can play minecraft with best settings and still get 150fps. sometimes when im on craftland i get like 700fps (weird right?). but alienwares are defiantly worth it
Umm sir please stop touching my Gertrudes.

USER_AVATAR
patisfat
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 232 hours
Blocks Mined: 30,030
Achievements: 31

Post by patisfat » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:55 am

No way. I don't case how well a alienware runs games, you can get parts and build your own for almost half the price. It might seem hard but it is really easy.

USER_AVATAR
patisfat

Post by patisfat » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:12 am

OK if you do make a terrible choice of buying a alienware buy the Aurora with 3teribites of storage, it is cheaper, has Like 6 times more storage, and a monitor should not cost that much. Also I'm assuming you allready have a monitor so.... just some advice for if you do want to waste money.

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 am

Just buy an Asus, not an ultrabook.
If you want a ssd then buy a laptop with low storage space with a normal HDD and replace that one with a ssd. But remember if you ate going to play, download a lot of games have a normal HDD.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 am

Or just do the sensible thing - Build your own.

Most power computer in the world you say? A Titan GPU will set you back $1.5k. Don't believe anything brands say, brands just want you to pay for branding.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

Blackjack
Premium 3
Accountname: __Blackjack__
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 881 hours
Blocks Mined: 419,565
Achievements: 93

Post by Blackjack » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 pm

I agree with blobby. You can build a nice gaming rig for no more than 750$, if you know where to shop.

Edit: Don't buy alienware. It's basically computer bling. They're customer service is shit from what I've heard, and you can build a computer just as nice for 1/3 of the price.

Laptop vs. Desktop: If you're actually gonna play CPU/GPU intensive games like Far cry, COD, BF3, Bioshock, etc, get a desktop. If you're gonna play MC 24/7, get a laptop. I prefer desktop because I can root around the guts without it breaking instantly, and it won't light your junk on fire if you play something intensive.

For building: Maybe I suggest,
http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... uary-2013/

Parts are cheaper, but it's a good guide.

If you're really determined on buying alienware:

Last thing: Spending 1400$ on a computer for gaming is pretty stupid. You don't need that much, unless you're doing something like video editing, or hosting a server, or just have money flying out your ass, waiting to get spent.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some people just abuse the privilege.

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Post by Killgun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:09 am

I'm ONLY getting an Alienware for the soul purpose of server hosting, HTML, Heavy programming work, CPU Intensive games, Picture and Video editing, animation, shit like that.
Plus, I'm getting the Solid State Drive because it runs faster then the others at a cost of less space.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I've built about 4 computers in the past year or so, and EVERY SINGLE ONE FAILS. They run the operating system, download about 3 things, and then crash and never turn on again. It's really fuckin annoying.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

USER_AVATAR
patisfat

Post by patisfat » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 am

Yea i guess if all the pcs you build fail and you are going to be using it for such hardcore things then just put out the money for a good pc that you know will work. You could try to see if you have a friend or someone you know who can build pcs but if you cant buying a pc is fine i guess