Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Personal Life [Why I haven't and wont be around for a while]

Post by Arbr » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Hello, I have not been around craftland much since December of 2017 and want to explain why and why it might take till the middle of the summer for me to be back more.

November 13th, 2017 - My Uncle who lived with me passed away early in the morning. This was a big changer for our house and left us all emotionally unstable and left us trying to piece back our household.

Christmas 2017 - My dad was going through a lot feeling down that he could not give us any Christmas presents due to the bills. This made my brother and I stressed out because we told him that we do not care about getting presents and that we will make the best of Christmas without them. Which we did by going to a friends house for dinner and enjoying each others company.

January, 2018 - My dad was sent to the hospital due to having a bad case of the Flu and eventually C. Dif. If he waited any longer to go to the hospital he would have passed. But luckily we got there in time and he got better.

February, 2018 - My dad was finally better enough to come home and finish healing there. Was a big day for him and was a tough month due to myself getting a new job to help out with bills, and for him because he had to gain strength and go through some therapy to gain some more muscle strength.

March, 2018 - My dad felt weaker for three days straight and for the first time willingly went to the hospital. After a day or two of being there he was brought into ICU due to a specific procedure. The day after however he had a bad coughing attack where they did not think he was going to make it from, all our family came and made him happier and helped him get through it. They found that he has pulmonary fibrosis, his heart working only at 25%, and a lump in his lung that was new and could of been cancer. From this point he did not have many options. So in the middle of the month we brought him to the hospice house.

April, 2018 - My dad was settling in. Family came and visited him while having some nice meals. He was relaxed and also during this time I was working a new job to pay bills. The last week (this week) of the month my dad became unresponsive on Wednesday. He only gave signs like hand squeezes and eye brow movements. Yesterday he stopped giving those signs. I decided to spend most of the night there and as I left he gave me a nod and a smile, something he was not doing before and something that let me know he was there.

April 28th, 2018 - Today my dad passed peacefully. I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with him the hours and months before he passed. It is going to be a while before I can get stable again emotionally and physically but I will get there. I am hoping by the end of the summer I can get to this spot. 2018 has been a tough year for me so far due to all the loss and struggles. I am thankful that many of the community have understand and have been there for me. I wanted to make an event for May but I just cant. I am not there yet and I want to be there so I can bring some good content to the community.

I hope I can be ready to be back and stronger by the fall because if I am, I want to go all out on Grimlock. I enjoy the community and have made some really good friends here. Many who I talk to almost every day or week or even month and they help me. People such as Caylex, Caity, Veta, Pig, Kaonashi, Hades, Gators, Esto, Nide, the list can go on. But right now I need to focus on myself and get my life more stable. I will probably be around voice chats but I most likely wont be working on anything or focusing on moderating craftland. Thank you for understanding (if you do). I hope to be back again like I was as soon as possible.

RandoroMcDuck
Premium 6
Accountname: Randoro
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,883 hours
Blocks Mined: 16,608,171
Achievements: 186

Re: Personal Life [Why I haven't and wont be around for a while]

Post by RandoroMcDuck » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:46 pm

I thought long and hard on what to respond to this and tbh I still don't really know what to say.
You should take all the time you need with this and not think too much about letting down the community (because you are not). You did a lot for the Craftland community already Arbr and I'm sure we all want you to feel better.
Many here, me included probably can't fathom how it must feel to lose someone that close, but we can give our condolences and our support.
Hope you and your family feel better in the aftermath of things.

~Randoro
just some random doro

Lavender
Premium 4
Accountname: Peurankello
Last login: 7 days ago
Played: 4,876 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,042,425
Achievements: 211

Post by Lavender » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:47 pm

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:46 pm

My sincere condolences, I hope you'll be making continues progress of recovering from your losses. Goodluck!
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Post by BeepBoop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:12 pm

I'm sorry for your losses, like Randoro said I can't imagine how it would feel to lose people that close to you.

Arbr
Premium 6
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 am

Thanks everyone for your support and comments. Its been tough but I will get through it. Today was actually a pretty good day. I went to work and to a friends house and had good conversation. Yesterday visited a friend about 1-2hrs away. It will get better for me but just going to take a bit of time. :)

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 pm

It's hard to even attempt to formulate a response here.

I am so sorry for your loss, Arb, and I wish you the best.

Love you dude.

amp
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Tue May 01, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm incredibly sorry for your losses.. I can't even try to imagine losing someone so close without breaking down let alone it actually happening.

I wish you the best too, Arbr.

USER_AVATAR
Owlee
Premium 4
Accountname: StinaStrawberry
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 486 hours
Blocks Mined: 105,104
Achievements: 77

Post by Owlee » Tue May 01, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm really sorry for your loss Arbr. I'm speechless, I don't know what to say, I can't imagine how it must feel. I haven't been around lately duo to work but take all the time you need to recover, I hope my words help in some way because I want you to feel better <3

Lots of hugs Stina <3