Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Think Before You Post - Revisited

Post by amp » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 pm

I am reviving an old post because it seems to have once again become necessary. This was formerly posted and stickied on the Main Forum; which is what I will do once more.

Time for a quick little lesson about posting on the forums.
(hooray!)

Due to an increase on forum infractions and the such, I will once again be cracking down on those infractions with little mercy. If you do something stupid, break any rules, post in the wrong section, necro-post, etc., you risk getting your comment/thread deleted and/or a temporary or permanent ban from the forums.

Here is a basic breakdown of where to post what things:

Suggestions: Don't post something that has already been suggested. Before you post, use the search box. If a similar suggestion already exists, please do not make a new one. You can simply comment your input/tweaks, or just a "Hey, this is awesome, I just had the same idea".

Ban Appeals: You have no business commenting on a ban that has nothing to do with you. Unless you're effected by the ban, are a staff member, or are someone involved in the case, don't comment.

Main Forum: Main forum isn't a place to post things unrelated to craftland, a bug, a problem, or a suggestion. We have forums for that. Use them.

Problems: If it's a bug, post it on the bugtracker. There really isn't a need to post on the problems forum, as nidefawl probably won't see it till months later. (http://bugs.craftland.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Please, keep your posts in the right forums, don't argue, don't be rude, and we won't have a problem.

Also, stop posting replies that just say "lol" or "XD"
It's useless, and I will not hesitate to delete them.

Have a nice day, and enjoy your forum and in-game experience.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Think Before You Post - Revisited

Post by Kye » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Pointless af the forums are dead no one ever posts this was not needed...
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:15 am

Kye wrote:Pointless af the forums are dead no one ever posts this was not needed...
Then you obviously don't visit the forums often. Most of it is deleted before you see it then.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:36 pm

I thought about this post, but if you don't want to allow posting unless it's to your will isn't that denying freedom of speech? I understand that it's not usefull to get a filled up forum with lots of random messages, but that's kinda the point of having a forum, being able to say what you wish to share with a community. Or is that a wrongfull opinion in your point of view?
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Nox wrote:I thought about this post, but if you don't want to allow posting unless it's to your will isn't that denying freedom of speech? I understand that it's not usefull to get a filled up forum with lots of random messages, but that's kinda the point of having a forum, being able to say what you wish to share with a community. Or is that a wrongfull opinion in your point of view?
Freedom of speech is a subjective matter. Even in countries like the United States where we claim to have free speech, it is within reason.

If you make a post saying: These are the areas Craftland should try to improve on; x x y z x y z
That's perfectly fine.

But saying: I hate this fucking stupid ass shitty sever so fucking much.
That's not okay.

There are limitations on everything. Just as if you yelled fire in a public building, or shark at a public beach. There are repercussions of free speech; whether you like it or not.

This isn't a matter of if it fits my opinion. I have many opinions. And I allow those who disagree with me to stay on the forums. Unless they are breaking rules.

Without rules, we're lawless monkeys flinging our crap at each other.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Papa_Mooshroom
Premium 6
Accountname: The_Mushroomcow
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 3,878 hours
Blocks Mined: 640,246
Achievements: 161

Post by Papa_Mooshroom » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 pm

amp wrote:Unless you're effected.
someone's going to see this eventually, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSKERiejO0
#OneMooChance