Premium 5
Accountname: red2minecraft
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,004 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,615,147
Achievements: 215

Craftland data usage

Post by Red » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:19 am

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone know how many mbs craftland uses per hour (on average) since I am going away for the weekend and bought a dongle with 1gb of data on it. While I wouldn't image that it is a lot, the info would still be much appreciated

Edit* Data usage when it comes to internet, for example playing pokemon go on 3g/4g on your phone uses around 10 mb per hour

Bonus question* if I use the in game radio, like the MP3 player, will that eat up my data, like is it streamed from a radio station or is it pre-loaded? I assume that it will eat up my data.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Re: Craftland data usage

Post by Vsauce » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:01 am

I've ran 1GB allocated before, it crashes a few times but runs fine other than that, assuming the rest of your computer is somewhat good.

EDIT: Also the more worlds and chunks you load, the quicker you'll crash because you have no memory, 2GB+ would be ideal. I would guess that it would cap at like 1.5GB but I am sure it could go higher, I can gather more info if you'd like

EDIT 2: I just did some testing and it generally stays between 200-400MB but sometimes will spike higher :)

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:26 pm

BetterOne wrote:I've ran 1GB allocated before, it crashes a few times but runs fine other than that, assuming the rest of your computer is somewhat good.

EDIT: Also the more worlds and chunks you load, the quicker you'll crash because you have no memory, 2GB+ would be ideal. I would guess that it would cap at like 1.5GB but I am sure it could go higher, I can gather more info if you'd like

EDIT 2: I just did some testing and it generally stays between 200-400MB but sometimes will spike higher :)
That's memory usage, not data usage. Hey only has 1gb of data.

In response to the original question, I'm not sure, but there is some code admins can run to see the network usage. I can give you the numbers when I get back home.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Red
Premium 5

Post by Red » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:01 pm

nickmcski wrote:
BetterOne wrote:I've ran 1GB allocated before, it crashes a few times but runs fine other than that, assuming the rest of your computer is somewhat good.

In response to the original question, I'm not sure, but there is some code admins can run to see the network usage. I can give you the numbers when I get back home.
Ok thanks nick I appreciate it, hoping that you will get back soon though since I believe I am going away in the next couple of hours but I will wait for you to update the post and read up before I come on I guess.
~Red :cheesy:

Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Post by Vsauce » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:33 pm

nickmcski wrote:

My bad, I should have looked at the question with more caution. It would have helped if I knew what a dongle was

Red
Premium 5

Post by Red » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:39 pm

No need for you to check anymore nick, I did some testing myself, cl uses about 50mb per hour however it seems if I turn on the radio it switches between using 100kb/s to around 1mb/s so I won't be using that unfortunately
~Red :cheesy: