Premium 5
Accountname: bmal04
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 540 hours
Blocks Mined: 196,897
Achievements: 109

AFK Grinders

Post by Brandon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:05 pm

I been questioning on this since the autoclicking got talked about so I'd like to see some discussion and your thoughts about it. Does auto clicking doesn't include a general idea of making an auto afk farm using redstone, aerclouds, no autoclicker or anything game modifying, all legit in game stuff.?

I my opinion if you took the time to make a grinder like that you should be free to use it, should you not? For example, it won't let you gain any XP because you didn't hit them yourself, you'll only be able to grind things that don't require clicking, such as acrobatics.
This is the only MCMMO skill you don't have to actively be clicking if you are grinding it. People will argue with this because they don't consider it "legit''But you got the materials and put the work into it to build, so it is pretty much legit. I do confess to using an autoclicker while fighting a boss so I didn't have to actively click ,(I think this should be allowed) but after I heard you can get your MCMMO's reset, I quickly stopped.

As I have seen, autoclicking is being talked about because it is "not legit."In my eyes, anything you worked for and built is 100% legit as long as use didn't autoclick or bot your way into getting the items and building that specific grinder. So why do people have problems with this? You aren't grinding playtime,(I hope you aren't) and you aren't using an autoclicker so it is "legit." Its s1mple, people are too lazy to put the work in and make one themselves. These types of things should be completely fair as long as you aren't grinding playtime or using an autoclicker. Its those who simply don't want to work and build it who are against these builds(Or they don't know how). I know many people have more than likely used these only to be teleported to spawn.

So will the grinders take the same path as autoclicking currently is?

Papa_Mooshroom
Premium 6
Accountname: The_Mushroomcow
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 3,878 hours
Blocks Mined: 640,246
Achievements: 161

Re: AFK Grinders

Post by Papa_Mooshroom » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Auto fishing gives playtime. Afk spawner activators give playtime. There are Afk machines. The issue isn't that it is not legit. It's that it is unfair. People have done the things they do for years without auto clickers. Automatic grinders are also fine as long as, at the very least, you're there. There were big issues in the past with a person that shall not be named making an iron golem with an afk machine attached. That's not okay, right? It's an issue of semantics, morals, and personal opinions, and that's why it's so controversial.

Adding on to that, that's why we are concerned. These people may not see them in the wrong. Basically everyone, myself included, have a biased opinion. While we see it as cheating the system, they see it as conserving resources, time, in this case. Another large part of it all is that it could be unfair to people who auto clicked in the past to get punished for it. We know how it seems to those involved and those not involved, and we're trying to find the best solution. Please work with us to help us reach a concensus.

I can say boss auto clicking is fine in my eyes, at least. You can't even distinguish it, really. It isn't like there is a way to tell exact durations in between clicks and say if it is identical too many times, than that becomes suspicious
someone's going to see this eventually, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSKERiejO0
#OneMooChance

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Post by Neo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Why throw my name in there when I've auticlicking like 150 levels total... lol?
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Tbh afk machines should be banable any type of thing that stops you going afk you should get ban for this would in turn stop auto clicking afk farms.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.