Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Guide to Scoring High in the Gold Rush Event

Post by Vsauce » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 am

I have noticed many people gave up on trying to compete it gold rush, and because there hasn't been a fix for new players(which I don't think there should be anyways) I am going to do my best to make a guide on winning goldrush. If I miss anything let me know.

Obtaining the Perfect Pickaxe
Firstly, you are going to need a pickaxe that will last thirty minutes of instant breaking blocks, and will reveal hundreds of blocks in a few seconds. So what you are looking for is the Spectral Pickaxe. This pickaxe reveals 21 blocks in one use, and has over 3000 uses. This item isn't cheap, but you will not win without it. In order to get one of these, you will need to unlock its infusement in the book, then use a free altar at "/warp freeinfusementaltar"(may or may not have spaces). This location will have a maxed infusement altar available for public use. You will need to go to the mining world prior to this in order to get some of the supplies to infuse the pickaxe. Perfect diamonds can be obtained by breaking diamond ore that has not been (silk touched and placed by a player) with an unenchanted diamond pickaxe. You can use any infusement fuel, it takes 2 Brown Stars to make one pick, keep in mind this is the only way to get stars without the Dark Scythe. This is a long process, but can easily be paid through or farmed easily. After you have this pick, DO NOT use it, save it. The next part it by far the most tedious and time consuming part, buy a villager spawner, and if you are feeling lucky buy several villager eggs. You are going to want to unlock the trades until one lucky villager is willing to give you Efficiency 5 Unbreaking 3 and any third enchantment(unbreaking doesn't matter as much but will last you far longer). Make this trade, and boom, you have your perfect pickaxe this can be repaired with other spectral picks, but you will need a high repair level, otherwise, you will need to find a worthy blacksmith. Meaning you won't need to repeat the villager process or unlocking the infusement pages.

The setup
This pick alone will not instant break blocks. First, you will need zanite rings, this boosts your mining speed and two can be worn at once if you don't have premium, you will want to carry two zanite rings and extra zanite gemstones along with a workbench to save inventory space. Next you will want some source of haste, either those 20 minute long haste 2 potions from bosses, or peach juice, either will do the trick, as long as the haste is 2 or higher, you should be fine. With this setup alone you will be breaking blocks instantly, but there is still more. Use a potion to get speed 2 or higher, you will be breaking even more blocks with this. Finally night vision to see the blocks you are mining. Always be watching your potion effects. Other than that, have an empty enderchest with available slots to hold your onyx that you might use later. Also have a good source of food you will be losing hunger very quickly. The last thing is defense, obsidian, valkyrie, gravitite, or perfect diamond armor is ideal, use a valkyrie sword, there isn't much of a better option without having to slow down.

The method
There are a few things to consider while you mine. Try to stay under deserts and snow biomes as the additional rubies and sapphires spawn in them meaning more points. Don't feel the need to carry gold, just mine it for points. If possible carry an extra diamond pick with a high fortune level on it to mine gems. Some people say that mining diagonally will cause you to run into ores quicker, if done correctly you can expose more blocks than going straight but be careful to not run into walls frequently. Finally always mine at a Y level far above lava but still deep into the stone layer, so you can find rarer ores(this doesn't seem to apply in the mining world) but if you are mining under a body of water you won't want to be flooded, and if mining under sand you don't want a cave in, aim for Y=30 or slightly higher. If you have a super strong lead, don't waste durability, save it for another time.

The Results and Rewards
You will receive enough perfect diamonds for a new spectral pick, along with the potential of a few leftover perfects, 10k coins, and finally a hat. The prizes are worth it as long as your spectral pick will last a few more gold rush events. If done correctly this method will get you over 500 points easily, and hundreds of gems, spawners, and mining XP.

The Cheap Alternative(Not reliable)
If you don't want to spend time and effort into these expensive items, you will need to resort to pre-mining. For this method you will want to make a strip mine without mining ores that will give you points. You will need a VERY long mine, then when goldrush starts mine the ores that you left out. This is far cheaper, and uses the same setup as the other method to maximize exposed ores. The downside is that this is very unreliable as other player can steal your pre-mine legally, and might not get you enough points to win.

Thank you so much for reading, hope this helps. It isn't meant for new players as much, so this might not be helpful to you folks. This is mostly for players who think "Man I am rich but how does Frost still destroy me in goldrush." One last tip, pray, this event is very dependent on luck. Otherwise, good luck, have fun, be careful, and happy mining!

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Re: Guide to Scoring High in the Gold Rush Event

Post by Neo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:00 am

"Man I am rich but how does Frost still destroy me in goldrush."
Me every time :(, thanks for making this guide though, good job, will try when I unlock the trade, accidently killed my eff 5 unb 3 spectral villager before I used it..
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Post by A_Land_Whale » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:31 am

a few inaccurate things in here but i want frost to keep winning :p
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

A_Land_Whale wrote:a few inaccurate things in here but i want frost to keep winning :p

When will i be relieved of my shackles master :cry:

Anyway nice guide!
I'd like to add that instead of mining under deserts and snowy biomes you could go to the edges of the world (the beaches)
There are no caves/ravines/mineshafts/lava lakes there that can slow you down.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:56 am

I don't understand why people think it's hard to beat land or frost, it's really not just prepare before and ou will win easly.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,703 hours
Blocks Mined: 975,880
Achievements: 198

Post by Joyman533 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Kye wrote:I don't understand why people think it's hard to beat land or frost, it's really not just prepare before and ou will win easly.
If you put effort into it, it's definitely doable. Jet Frost and Landwhale definitely aren't some kind of unbeatable gods. <<Cue :nono: from landwhale>>

I've only won gold rush once or twice, but then again, I have put basically zero effort into winning it.
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Joyman533 wrote:Jet Frost and Landwhale definitely aren't some kind of unbeatable gods.
This is where you're wrong 8-)

but yes, even when all 3 of us are on anyone can win with a little luck. Even with a efficiency 4 diamond pick.

USER_AVATAR
Bubik2
Premium 6
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 3,175 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,526,782
Achievements: 256

Post by Bubik2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Frost wrote:
Joyman533 wrote:Jet Frost and Landwhale definitely aren't some kind of unbeatable gods.
This is where you're wrong 8-)

but yes, even when all 3 of us are on anyone can win with a little luck. Even with a efficiency 4 diamond pick.
I used eff 5 unbreaking 3 and silk touch so.
Next im lucky xd
Just a Bubik :O
(My English is always bad)