Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Infusement Altar Discussion

Post by Arbr » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:57 am

Infusement Altar Discussion

The infusement altar was a concept added to craftland to add something more high end and something both visually and physically interesting for others to experience. Opening a new path for players to investigate, something that is unique to craftland and its community.

Lately how ever there has been talk about the altar and we want to explain our original and current ideas on features that were added to the altar and to see your views on what we can do to improve it for the future.

Before I go on, here are some ideas on what we are looking for... Do you like the altar? What are some pros? what are some cons? what recipes make sense? what dont? should a recipe found in the altar not even be there and if so why? should another recipe in another crafting system fit better in the altar? do the rewards benefit the expenses? ect.

Now for the Infusement concept:

What we have Right now!
  • To start you need to craft an altar using Endstone, Iron blocks, Emeralds, Obsidian, and a White Point Star.
  • The altar needs dungeon stone placed 2 blocks diagonal from the altar on each side with a skull on top of them to work.
  • Depending on the Skull will depend on what recipes you are able to use.
  • Players must obtain a infusement book to unlock recipes or to even use the altar.
  • Recipes can be unlocked using experience from the infusement book.
  • All Recipes consume 1000 fuel
  • For fuel, the altar needs 1 of 3 types of fuel. Each having a different amount they will last (2000,1000,500)
  • Higher end items can be created through altar such as Spectral tools.
  • Spectral pickaxe, axe, and shovel were to be very high end tools that could break blocks easier. Either by cutting down a 10 block tall tree with one click or a 3x3 cut out in stone or dirt.
  • Ghost Pepper Seeds are there to be the highest tier of seeds a player could obtain and possibly open more avenues for the future.
  • Ice Blades are also added to give a nice decent type of weapon.
  • Tourmaline and Citrine are Magical Gems that can be crafted that currently are needed in the crafting of Spectral Tools.
  • Onyx, Citrine, Tourmaline blocks are also able to be crafted through the altar Due to either being a 1 stack size or already being a magical gem.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Re: Infusement Altar Discussion

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:50 am

I would like to see ways you can increase your damage with this altar but at the same time it decreasing your health or defense.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6
Accountname: build_to_the_top
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 2,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,021,914
Achievements: 175

Post by Build » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:25 pm

I like the infusment altar princip very much. It gives craftland a new touch and it think its awesome :)

Here is something I would change though.

*) The Defense Neutron Star takes 4 nether stars to craft the same amount you need for the White Point Star. However, I think 2 Nether Star and 2 Diamond (diamond block) or maybe another block would be more suited as its half of the power compared to the White Point Star. For me the Defense Neutron Star is not worth crafting atm. However I Love that there are 3 possible fuels now. good idea.

USER_AVATAR
Caylex77
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 2,687 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,618,903
Achievements: 146

Post by Caylex77 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 pm

I LOVE the Infusement Altar!! I think everything SHOULD be expensive when getting special items from it, so I'm ok with how challenging it is to make items - I like that you've now included an easier option for the fuel as in the brown dwarf star. I also like that you have to unlock the recipes before you can use them - although it would be nice if you could unlock them right in the infusement altar instead of having to remove the book first.

I would LOVE to see a backpack option in the altar - you could have levels of backbpacks (more slots) that cost more to make and repair (somehow...). I would also love to see some super strength armor that also has the bounce of gravitite (I LOVE to bounce :D) - of course it would be super expensive to make and maintain). And what about allowing the altar to enchant the spectral tools again - again should be expensive to do, but I love the idea of a crazy pickax!! OOOO I have a brainstorm!! What about a spectral npc that can either follow you around and help pickup you gems or you can have sit and allow your stuff to smelt while you are off mining. I don't know... just some ideas for you :D

But honestly... even if none of these are implemented - the server is fantastic!!!

Just my 2 cents :D
Caylex77

USER_AVATAR
Brandon
Premium 5
Accountname: bmal04
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 540 hours
Blocks Mined: 196,897
Achievements: 109

Post by Brandon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:47 pm

I like pretty much everything to do with the infusement altar. You use some expensive stuff, and you get something totally awesome and useful. Although the spectrals are expensive, the completely worth it and are the key to succeeding in many events(Goldrush,Woodrush,Snowrush, etc.)
Dislikes
The only thing I dont like about it is how tourmaline and citrine are not easy to find all the time(I didn't even know these existed until I was introduced to the infusement altar. So maybe you could find and alternate but use a larger quantity so it could be equal to about the same rarity as tourmaline and citrine. For example, about a stack or half a stack of zircon could add up to the same rarity as tourmaline and citrine. But everything else I have no complaints about
What to Add
Spectral Sword
-Hits enemies within a 9 block area of the main enemy you are attacking(Similar to Serrated Strikes)
-Does 15 damage
-When Serrated Strikes is used with the sword it doubles the damage(So instead of 15 dmg it's 30)
-Same durability as a perfect diamond sword
Spectral Bow
-Shoots 6 Arrows are a time
-Shots do as much as a valkyrie bow
-Drawback is as fast as a valkyrie bow
-Same durability as a valkyrie bow
- Damage is equivalent to that of a valkyrie bow