Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Articulations of a Vilified Staff Member

Post by amp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Jovaniph wrote:
Ok, so, you want us to be doing a full time job? Most of us have school, and then jobs on top of that. Honestly, being a staff member is a lot of work. No matter what we do, it's wrong, and someone will always be there to tell us what we did was wrong. It's terrible. The only way to solve this would be constant contact between staff members; Which wouldn't work anyways because we all have different opinions of what falls under which rules. So, we'd have to argue it out in TS for 12 hours a day every day, and probably never get a solution.
I didn't know it taking 5 minutes of your day to read a post on the forums counts as a full time job. Lets be realistic here. I'll make a scenario here.

Helpers: Bob, Bill, Joe
Mod: Barbara
Topic: On subject of cursing

Private Message#1 Day 1
To: Barbara
Subject: What is excessive cursing?
- What can we define as excessive use of cursing? Do you think its okay for players to indirectly curse if they do not target other players?

Private Message#2 Day 2
To: Bob
Subject: Reply> What is excessive cursing?
- As long as it doesn't annoy other players, its fine. You should tell the helpers to give out warnings if they constantly curse, not if they curse just one time every 10 minutes or so. Basically warn people who curse like sailors.

Private Message#3 Day 3
Subject: Reply>Reply> What is excessive cursing?
- Okay thanks, I'll post it on the helpers forum so everyone can be on the same page

Forums>Helper Forum Day 4
Subject: Excessive Cursing
- Okay so just for everyone to be on the same page, I talked with Barbara about how you should handle cursing in craftland. For the most part, indirect cursing is allowed, but we should warn people who constantly curse, or curse like sailors. One curse word/sentence per 10 minutes is acceptable. Anything below that should be a warning.

Reply From: Bill
- Read and Understand. Thanks for the heads up

Reply From: Joe
- Read and Understand. Aright, I'll tone down the warnings from now on and follow what you just said. Thanks Bob and Barbara

----End Scenario---

^ HOW IS THAT A FULL TIME JOB? This is sooooo easy. You know why? Because it just takes 5 minutes of your time to read and reply a post and get on the same page.
Helpers: not enough power to make guidelines for warnings
Mods and admins: too lazy to make guidelines.

So we pretty much have to ask if every single thing is muteable, because they won't make guidelines. Lol. Its a full time job.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Jovaniph wrote:
Ok, so, you want us to be doing a full time job? Most of us have school, and then jobs on top of that. Honestly, being a staff member is a lot of work. No matter what we do, it's wrong, and someone will always be there to tell us what we did was wrong. It's terrible. The only way to solve this would be constant contact between staff members; Which wouldn't work anyways because we all have different opinions of what falls under which rules. So, we'd have to argue it out in TS for 12 hours a day every day, and probably never get a solution.
I didn't know it taking 5 minutes of your day to read a post on the forums counts as a full time job. Lets be realistic here. I'll make a scenario here.

Helpers: Bob, Bill, Joe
Mod: Barbara
Topic: On subject of cursing

Private Message#1 Day 1
Subject: What is excessive cursing?
- What can we define as excessive use of cursing? Do you think its okay for players to indirectly curse if they do not target other players?

Private Message#2 Day 2
To: Bob
Subject: Reply> What is excessive cursing?
- As long as it doesn't annoy other players, its fine. You should tell the helpers to give out warnings if they constantly curse, not if they curse just one time every 10 minutes or so. Basically warn people who curse like sailors.

Private Message#3 Day 3
Subject: Reply>Reply> What is excessive cursing?
- Okay thanks, I'll post it on the helpers forum so everyone can be on the same page

Forums>Helper Forum Day 4
Subject: Excessive Cursing
- Okay so just for everyone to be on the same page, I talked with Barbara about how you should handle cursing in craftland. For the most part, indirect cursing is allowed, but we should warn people who constantly curse, or curse like sailors. One curse word/sentence per 10 minutes is acceptable. Anything below that should be a warning.

Reply From: Bill
- Read and Understand. Thanks for the heads up

Reply From: Joe
- Read and Understand. Aright, I'll tone down the warnings from now on and follow what you just said. Thanks Bob and Barbara

----End Scenario---

^ HOW IS THAT A FULL TIME JOB? This is sooooo easy. You know why? Because it just takes 5 minutes of your time to read and reply a post and get on the same page.
I think it wont really help to do such thinks because all staffs knows the rules... Also there can be so many situations where staff is unsure if it Reserves a warning or Not. You cant handle every situation with your idea. Of course if every helper would post the question and solution the helpers could handle more situations but if They find a Situation that fits After like 10minutes its often 2 late. Staff wants to handle situations fast and therefore all helpers need their Knowledge. Sometimes it depends from the mood of the helpers or yourself! Most of the guys who dislike the Staff are the guys who breake the rules a lot!
For example i got warned recently for saying a german Song in global. Most of the helpers would not give out a warning but i accepted it in (more like a Happy way ) because i broke the rules ans staff reacted to this! Also many guys wanted stricter Staff since last Summer...... here you go!

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Post by Jovaniph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Oh my gosh. This is not difficult, its not rocket science! You clearly missed the point of what I've been trying to say. The main point is how helpers could be on the same page when it comes to general issues. We've been around computers for so long, I don't know how its so hard to get everyone on the same page by a simple forum post.

For years (not just in Craftland) I have scheduled events on forums so everyone is on the same page. Jay is a good example on keeping everyone on the same page for when he does his events. No one has to be online at the same time, you just go on the forums, do a bit a reading and done. Forums are a magical tool to stay in touch with everyone. It doesn't have to be a full time job either. It's so simple a caveman can do it.

edit: It's not a full time job. Its voluntary work that only takes as much time as you play on Craftland.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Jovaniph wrote:Oh my gosh. This is not difficult, its not rocket science! You clearly missed the point of what I've been trying to say. The main point is how helpers could be on the same page when it comes to general issues. We've been around computers for so long, I don't know how its so hard to get everyone on the same page by a simple forum post.

For years (not just in Craftland) I have scheduled events on forums so everyone is on the same page. Jay is a good example on keeping everyone on the same page for when he does his events. No one has to be online at the same time, you just go on the forums, do a bit a reading and done. Forums are a magical tool to stay in touch with everyone. It doesn't have to be a full time job either. It's so simple a caveman can do it.

edit: It's not a full time job. Its voluntary work that only takes as much time as you play on Craftland.
Did you read my post at all? How do we get everyone on the same fucking page, if no one will turn to a page to begin with? God, listen to what I fucking say for once, Jovan. Tell the mods and admins to get us on a single page. I've been trying since I first fucking got Mod; but I'm always told I don't have authority and shit. Literally, you make it seem like it is so fucking easy to get everyone to agree, but, it's NOT.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Post by A_Land_Whale » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:19 pm

rubino wrote:
Jovaniph wrote:Oh my gosh. This is not difficult, its not rocket science! You clearly missed the point of what I've been trying to say. The main point is how helpers could be on the same page when it comes to general issues. We've been around computers for so long, I don't know how its so hard to get everyone on the same page by a simple forum post.

Did you read my post at all? How do we get everyone on the same fucking page, if no one will turn to a page to begin with? God, listen to what I fucking say for once, Jovan. Tell the mods and admins to get us on a single page. I've been trying since I first fucking got Mod; but I'm always told I don't have authority and shit. Literally, you make it seem like it is so fucking easy to get everyone to agree, but, it's NOT.
I think he just likes to hear himself speak.. eh well type. TBH he seems to be almost trolling in a lot of ways, he types a lot but doesnt say much of anything. Don't feed the trolls I guess?
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!