nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Re: demoted?!

Post by nidefawl » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Whoever built that makes it look like chev and fresh are the biggest assholes.

They are some of the nicest players I've seen around.

EDIT: Fixed it
ImageImageImage

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:39 pm

We heavly debated who we think we should demote, it wasent an easy decision. but we felt that we needed to get some new helpers in.
Why not have old & new helpers? Why demote any helpers if no one really needs to be demoted? I do not get it, please explain.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 29 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:27 am

Toguno wrote:
We heavly debated who we think we should demote, it wasent an easy decision. but we felt that we needed to get some new helpers in.
Why not have old & new helpers? Why demote any helpers if no one really needs to be demoted? I do not get it, please explain.
Its not that the helpers were doing anything bad, its that they weren't doing anything good. We dont want helper to become something that normal players get, its suppose to be for players that go out of there way to help players, delicate them-self to the server.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:38 am

Fresh was/is dedicated and was/is helping, which is a good thing.

Im sorry if i appear incoherent or rude, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind this.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:35 am

Interesting discussion what we might get into. Feels good so far. I see others and nicks point with their/his long experience of balancing things and I see some experimental points of other players. Wonder where it could go, there is some serious potential in this I assume. :thumbsup:

Honestly the cage thing was pointless and I suggest this reaction needs a bit asswhoppin just a bit.
To me fresh was very helpful and i dont get why he was demoted cause of he actually is capable of another language the global, same goes for natedom.
If you ask me and I dont know if it means anything to you, we should have at least helpers capable of helping and solving problems for a certain group of players. In freshs case it was german, in natedoms case spanish (and i like that littele bugger, very friendly), i guess we git french speakers aswell, do we got a russian speaker? I beliefe Porkkana is native russian, so far so good! That brings me to the point that foreign helpers shouldnt be replaced until another one shows his skills in a better way. My suggestion do it more like a job competition in that case. If anyone shows more competence or dedication like for example what i always mention doing public relations like on redfit, minecraft.net etc. Surely this is the right help or am I mistaken?
Next an this is adressed to my beloved head of the state nide, please put the country codes like flags or whatever in the chat and give all stuff helpers the ability to move speakers of different language in their user groups if they dint stay to global. For players without manners and unapropriate speech you can do a prison channel and instead of muting them put them there for a cooldown.

You like what i think, you know better ways, come on tell me and all of us what you really think!
Oh and thanks to all of yours brain activity :thumbsup:

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 29 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:11 am

Soulmusician wrote: To me fresh was very helpful and i dont get why he was demoted cause of he actually is capable of another language the global, same goes for natedom.
Keep in mind this is an English server soul, all the documentation, Launcher, settings, everything is in English.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 am

at least you not perma ban with the option disabled
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Crazy
Premium 4
Accountname: Xcrazy_zombiesX
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 954 hours
Blocks Mined: 789,688
Achievements: 162

Post by Crazy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 am

I like pie.

Wizard
Premium 6
Accountname: wizard1222
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 3,084 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,114,877
Achievements: 172

Post by Wizard » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:43 am

Toguno wrote:Fresh was/is dedicated and was/is helping, which is a good thing.

Im sorry if i appear incoherent or rude, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind this.
If a helper is getting less than 10 hours a week for weeks straight, then there is a problem. Its one things if its just busy, but its been going on for a long time. Staff decision was to demote fresh because he was "never in global chat". We can't have a helper if he doesn't help much. Others are waiting! and like nick said its not that they do something wrong, its that they don't much right as a helpers job. Its not meant to be offensive.

Also Chev and Fresh are not in the "biggest assholes section" they are outside it because no one expanded the room. I decided to put fresh next to chev. Nothing was meant to be offensive it was just the way you took it.

And the "Do you even helper" was to lighten you up, we don't want to demote you, its that we have to. I left the sign un-locked for the record ;) . And its only the people who do not follow the rules of staff we want to demote.

I'm sorry that you were demoted, but others would have taken your job off of your hands a long time ago if you didn't want to stick up to the title.
- Most Playedtime
- Most Powerful Mcmmo Skill

Fightface
Premium 4
Location: Location could not be loaded due to system error code Jav.lang.string.isempty()Z
Accountname: Fightr2021
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 1,526 hours
Blocks Mined: 226,099
Achievements: 123

Post by Fightface » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:44 am

Wizard wrote:
Toguno wrote:Fresh was/is dedicated and was/is helping, which is a good thing.

If a helper is getting less than 10 hours a week for weeks straight, then there is a problem. Its one things if its just busy, but its been going on for a long time. Staff decision was to demote fresh because he was "never in global chat". We can't have a helper if he doesn't help much. Others are waiting! and like nick said its not that they do something wrong, its that they don't much right as a helpers job. Its not meant to be offensive.

Also Chev and Fresh are not in the "biggest assholes section" they are outside it because no one expanded the room. I decided to put fresh next to chev. Nothing was meant to be offensive it was just the way you took it.

And the "Do you even helper" was to lighten you up, we don't want to demote you, its that we have to. Its only the people who do not follow the rules of staff we want to demote.

I'm sorry that you were demoted, but others would have taken your job off of your hands a long time ago if you didn't want to stick up to the title.
Beautiful.