Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Re: Guess it's goodbye time

Post by Adam » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Cynthriel wrote:Good things in life never last.

There is so much spite, hatred, and idiotic "factions" within the staff. It's woven so deep and will never change so long as nide allows it. Grudges and disgrace from everyone. We have people promoted who already had grudges against some staff member. We have people promoted because they're the most active. We've lost all the quirkiness between staff members. People who were dignified and stood for something. People who had personality, they seem to be running thin. Now, cluttered with arbitrary actions for fun and unapparent ideology for what's best for the server. We have people who take on the responsibility well, but it's not enough. There is no leader and there is no mover nor shaker that would ever break this silly curse laid on staff.

How is it that everything is supposed to be fine when the people in charge are always at war with themselves? I wished that I could change it all; when I joined back I wanted to stop this and bring everyone together. I had good relations with nick, and I had good relations with kez. For a while, we were friends and I swore I saw an end to this stupid circle.

There is nothing left for this place. It has gone on a decline several times and cut corners to get to its former standard. It's out of tricks and it's not a safe haven for a well balanced democracy. I miss Blackjack, Blobby, Vepas. Hell I even miss Handy. These were people who were smart, and if handy and I never had a permanent disagreement, maybe we could have changed something. Nide has enough money from the deals that he'll never not be content. This is just a cheap imitation of what craftland once was. Things just can't last forever.
:O Well, though I see what you are getting at, I do believe Craftland has been made a more fun place, regardless of the players. Oh well, let us just wish this new wave of staff can create a even more fun experience, and those that are still left from older Craftland remain active.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join

Cynthriel
Premium 3
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 1,088 hours
Blocks Mined: 409,895
Achievements: 117

Post by Cynthriel » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Fun is not the only thing that matters. The old staff was composed from a long line of selectivity. We had members that were there for well over a year, and after several months, we might get a new moderator. This time around, new staff members are simply gathered and the whole thing just seems to be some make-shift fix.

I don't see many mature and independent people that once composed the staff playing here anymore. I don't have much hope that more will come. We just saw people who were selected a place of power and were loyal, dedicated and attached to the server, drop like flies off of this server. Shouldn't that be a warning?

Fightface
Premium 4
Location: Location could not be loaded due to system error code Jav.lang.string.isempty()Z
Accountname: Fightr2021
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 1,526 hours
Blocks Mined: 226,099
Achievements: 123

Post by Fightface » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Goodbye Lisa! :cry:

Kez
Banned
Premium 4
Accountname: Kez323
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 2,915 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,906,380
Achievements: 185

Post by Kez » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Cynthriel wrote:Shouldn't that be a warning?
I would have thought so
~ idk ~

Adam
Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Post by Adam » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Cynthriel wrote:Fun is not the only thing that matters. The old staff was composed from a long line of selectivity. We had members that were there for well over a year, and after several months, we might get a new moderator. This time around, new staff members are simply gathered and the whole thing just seems to be some make-shift fix.

I don't see many mature and independent people that once composed the staff playing here anymore. I don't have much hope that more will come. We just saw people who were selected a place of power and were loyal, dedicated and attached to the server, drop like flies off of this server. Shouldn't that be a warning?
That's true. I remember a time when players would rejoice, celebrate, revel someone's promotion. It would be months between every shift in staff positions. Now I cant even keep track of all the helpers, they are promoted on a weekly basis. Blobby, Handy, Kez, Arttu (If you can remember, I can't) were all completely attached to the server. Their high activity made Craftland.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join

GLaDOS
Premium 2
Location: Literally everywhere in the universe simultaneously
Accountname: Hot_Taco_Monkey
Played: 492 hours
Blocks Mined: 116,611
Achievements: 90

Post by GLaDOS » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:27 pm

There are a lot of new helpers. Wow. The sad part is they have barely have any playtime, they were just promoted because they speak different languages. Most of them are kids. They have more questions then answers, and they don't have any experience. Why did they even add the "helper" rank, anyway?! Most helpers aren't even that dedicated to the server. Ok...Sorry about that, didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry for ranting.
Have I lied to you?
I mean, in this room?

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Post by nidefawl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:53 pm

GLaDOS wrote:There are a lot of new helpers. Wow. The sad part is they have barely have any playtime, they were just promoted because they speak different languages. Most of them are kids. They have more questions then answers, and they don't have any experience. Why did they even add the "helper" rank, anyway?! Most helpers aren't even that dedicated to the server. Ok...Sorry about that, didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry for ranting.
The point of the helper rank was to give unexperienced players the possibility to protect things in times where no moderator/admin is online. The time when we promoted 1 admin a year was the time we had 25 players on sundays.

The corrupt part of the staff team is now gone. We will look into a much brighter future.
ImageImageImage