Premium 6
Accountname: The_Mushroomcow
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 3,878 hours
Blocks Mined: 640,246
Achievements: 161

Craftland Beginner's Guide [Version 0.1]

Post by Mooshroom » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 pm

I don't know how to introduce myself here, but whatever. I will update and add new chapters whenever I get the chance. So here goes. :D

And I'll put in pictures later

Chapter 1: First visit.
When you first join Craftland, whether being greeted by several people welcoming you, or if the only welcome you get is simply from the server, you'll notice something first either way. A boring-looking wall of signs and maybe a glowing block on the ground. After you've "Read," the signs, you must simply step on the glowing block, which we'll refer to from now on as "Warp Pads," and once you step on the Warp Pad, you'll be transported into a room with more signs and more warp pads. Except on those signs is questions referring to the information that was on the original spawn area. Once you've read the new signs and stepped on the correct warp pad a few times, you'll be teleported to an area that is coated in orange-looking stone brick, leaves, and other generally Autumn-Themed things, like the roof, the poles holding up said roof, the vote shop, the pathways, the portals, and the Hall of Fame, which is full of either currently-working/retired staff. Demoted staff just gets a sign in a bathroom, or something. Not really, I'm just implying that demoted staff are just removed from the area. :c. But anyways, the strange place you are in is not just an ordinary world, yet an entirely new dimension, with the ExtraBiomesXL mod, known as Greycliff! One of Craftlands many unique and special dimensions. Now, after that, you have the choice; Do you free-roam around Greycliff, or do you go to the aether and explore there? Or do you simply want to go around Vanilla Minecraft? The choice is yours! You can either go through the portals at Greycliff spawn, or use Craftland's unique warp system! The warp system is special here because it is not only case-sensitive, but anyone can make a warp! Simply say "/warp create [name]" to make a warp wherever you like. After that, you have the ability to either allow everyone to your warp, or just allow friends! And when you do that, you can set up a house anywhere outside of a specific region that is protected by any staff member who can use their wand Image to protect your house, shop, or anything else! Now, back when I was listing dimensions to live in, you may've noticed I had left out The End and the Nether, each for their own specific reason. In the End, each end portal leads to a different End World, with it's own enderdragon, island, and enderman that reset every 24 hours, so building there isn't an option, and as for the Nether? While every other dimension is strictly grief/pvp -excluding PVP Arenas- free. The nether is neither of those, in the nether you can grief and kill, etc. Now, as for the first night of your Craftland visit, I recommend getting some money to buy materials.

Economy lesson coming in Chapter 2
someone's going to see this eventually, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSKERiejO0
#OneMooChance