Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Thanks for that.

Post by Mr_Blobby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Locking the thread, seriously, isn't helping you.
nidefawl wrote:You never asked me why I demoted you ingame and not on IRC/Forums. I thought it was obvious that I wanted to see you more active Ingame.
When you didn't ask me why, I though you wouldn't really care about it. Apparently you thought it was not fair to demote you.

I always respected you and appreciated your help but never really cared about your opinion. (Since some happenings in the early days of my aether porting work)
I've always been there when you had coding questions. You should have nagged me the same way when you got demoted.

Anyways, the lack of native english speaking skills would make it impossible for me to win that argument.
Just gonna go ahead and take this post apart to prove my point.

So. You ask me why I never asked you about my demotion. Because I knew, it was obvious what it was, everybody on the staff team knew, asking you wouldn't help validate anything. The reason was irrational. No other way to put it.

Carrying on you tell me to nag you when I got demoted. Nagging in itself is irritating someone to the point where you get your way. It's manipulative and degrading. You shouldn't have to nag to see reasoning, it should be clear from the start. Before you jump on that, your own point earlier helps defend it. You don't care about my opinion. This makes it crystal clear what your stance is. You've said it right here, that you wouldn't care what I say. (making the whole act of nagging purely manipulative)

So right here, you've said:
1) You don't care.
2) You encourage manipulation as a way to get what you like.

Moving on, we come up to Cyn.
Cyn argued because she saw something wrong, and she wanted it right. When she'd (No offence intended, Cyn), nagged you into seeing her problem with Vepas, you just threw him to the ground with his staff status walking. Then not long later, the entire situations reversed and now Cyn is on the ground because you couldn't handled it and snapped, making do with whatever made people quiet, whatever you could just to make people quiet down, rather than solve the issue.

Then we come to here.
I'm going to have to bring this up because it's important, I apologize if you didn't want it said Vepas. It's known between several of us that the reason Vepas recently "Resigned" is because you didn't like him. Or more specifically, because you wouldn't miss him. This is outright slanderous. It's worse than my reason tenfold.

Resignation my ass. You didn't even give him a choice.

Seriously, you're quite simply a nasty and irrational man.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

Swifty
Premium 4
Accountname: _SwiftyFox
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 545 hours
Blocks Mined: 117,804
Achievements: 89

Re: Thanks for that.

Post by Swifty » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Come on, I mean you're all adults here.

Blackjack
Premium 3
Accountname: __Blackjack__
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 881 hours
Blocks Mined: 419,565
Achievements: 93

Post by Blackjack » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Us staff members are just bundles of fun.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some people just abuse the privilege.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Blackjack wrote:Us staff members are just bundles of fun.
Bundles of staff fun sold for $19.99 each at Walmart.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Leo
Premium 5
Accountname: X_LittleLeo_X
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,463 hours
Blocks Mined: 775,925
Achievements: 147

Post by Leo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Chance wrote:
Blackjack wrote:Us staff members are just bundles of fun.
Bundles of staff fun sold for $19.99 each at Walmart.
Buy 1 get 1 free at Walmart. :thumbsup:
m8

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Post by Killgun » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:44 pm

I hope saying things here doesn't cause things said about me, slanderous, mean, or just outright screwed up. I want to state my opinion. And calling me out as bad for it brings you all to a new low.

Hear me out. I in no way disrespect the admins when I say this, I continue to keep most of my respect for you. But I need to get this off my chest.

Sorry if you didn't wan't me to say this, Blob, but...I know everything. Blob spoke to me about it, and I have my own things to say about this.

1) Nide, your idea of reasoning? It's not working.
I feel like you want people to nag you, as Blob said, but then you also still usually deny them. When people beg, it brings them lower. I think you like that. Irrationality is not good. Having reasonable discussions to solve problems-any problem, including all of the demoting going on here-is extremely important. It causes less fights, and usually no respect changes, and most come out friendly. With your method, people come out upset, angry (like this), or they think of the whole thing as a lost cause.

2) Finding out that happened to VepaS was like a punch in the stomach.
This server seems to be Not a dictatorship, but a totalitarian government. Nide controls almost everything, with admins down by his sides. They don't have too much power, though, as Nide can remove them whenever he wants. Demoting an admin by force? That's bad for the community. And then lying about it? Even worse. Its hard to believe players allow this to happen.

3) The reason was ridiculous.
He left for a week. And got demoted. It was not obvious that that's why he was demoted, at least not for me. I feel like...you try to send an invisible message, and when it fly's by you think nobody cares. Why Blob didn't ask you? I assume because it could have started an argument in which Blobby didn't come out.

4) Unallowing speech.
You tried to forumban Blobby, and you locked the topic. That makes no sense. It means you make decisions for him, making this even more of a totalitarian government. If Blob has things to say, don't lock him out of it. Let him speak. If that fails to happen, you drag yourself to a new low.

Getting slandered because of this is even worse, so I hope I'm not. And slander means agreement. And the admins do what needs to be done to solve problems quickly. I don't want a ban for this. Because if that happened, I'd have no way to speak. We make decisions on our own. Let us. If we have reasons to argue, let us. Blob got really angry, and though it was a bit of overkill, it sent the right message.

"You stab me in the back, I'm gonna stab back, really hard."

And lets keep this on topic. Please. I don't want to deal with random posts clogging this up so nobody reads it seriously.

Thank you for your time.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

Kez
Banned
Premium 4
Accountname: Kez323
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 2,915 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,906,380
Achievements: 185

Post by Kez » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 am

I just don't get it.. Blobby, what outcome are you trying to get from this thread?

Also:
Killgun wrote: Sorry if you didn't wan't me to say this, Blob, but...I know everything. Blob spoke to me about it, and I have my own things to say about this.
Theres 2 sides to every story heard the other side(s)?.
Killgun wrote: You tried to forumban Blobby, and you locked the topic. That makes no sense.
Perfect sense. There was nothing else to say.
Killgun wrote: I don't want to deal with random posts clogging this up
Dont deal with it. Just don't get involved. I don't even see why this 'issue' is even public it just draws people into it, theres no need.
~ idk ~

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Post by Killgun » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 am

Kez323 wrote:I just don't get it.. Blobby, what outcome are you trying to get from this thread?

Also:
Killgun wrote: Sorry if you didn't wan't me to say this, Blob, but...I know everything. Blob spoke to me about it, and I have my own things to say about this.
Theres 2 sides to every story heard the other side(s)?.
Killgun wrote: You tried to forumban Blobby, and you locked the topic. That makes no sense.
Perfect sense. There was nothing else to say.
Killgun wrote: I don't want to deal with random posts clogging this up
Dont deal with it. Just don't get involved. I don't even see why this 'issue' is even public it just draws people into it, theres no need.
1) Yes.
2) If you read what I said, you would know that's false.
3) I'm vouching for him because I believe what I said is true.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

Kez
Banned
Premium 4
Accountname: Kez323
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 2,915 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,906,380
Achievements: 185

Post by Kez » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 am

Killgun wrote:
1) Yes.
2) If you read what I said, you would know that's false.
3) I'm vouching for him because I believe what I said is true.
Just jumping the gun then? Straight into Blobbys defence? Not mentioning any of Blobbys wrong doings.
You only seem to be targeting nidefawls decisions. "I want to state my opinion." Are you sure your stating your own opinion(s)?
~ idk ~

Blackjack
Premium 3
Accountname: __Blackjack__
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 881 hours
Blocks Mined: 419,565
Achievements: 93

Post by Blackjack » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 am

Killgun wrote:I hope saying things here doesn't cause things said about me, slanderous, mean, or just outright screwed up. I want to state my opinion. And calling me out as bad for it brings you all to a new low.

Hear me out. I in no way disrespect the admins when I say this, I continue to keep most of my respect for you. But I need to get this off my chest.

Sorry if you didn't wan't me to say this, Blob, but...I know everything. Blob spoke to me about it, and I have my own things to say about this.

1) Nide, your idea of reasoning? It's not working.
I feel like you want people to nag you, as Blob said, but then you also still usually deny them. When people beg, it brings them lower. I think you like that. Irrationality is not good. Having reasonable discussions to solve problems-any problem, including all of the demoting going on here-is extremely important. It causes less fights, and usually no respect changes, and most come out friendly. With your method, people come out upset, angry (like this), or they think of the whole thing as a lost cause.

2) Finding out that happened to VepaS was like a punch in the stomach.
This server seems to be Not a dictatorship, but a totalitarian government. Nide controls almost everything, with admins down by his sides. They don't have too much power, though, as Nide can remove them whenever he wants. Demoting an admin by force? That's bad for the community. And then lying about it? Even worse. Its hard to believe players allow this to happen.

3) The reason was ridiculous.
He left for a week. And got demoted. It was not obvious that that's why he was demoted, at least not for me. I feel like...you try to send an invisible message, and when it fly's by you think nobody cares. Why Blob didn't ask you? I assume because it could have started an argument in which Blobby didn't come out.

4) Unallowing speech.
You tried to forumban Blobby, and you locked the topic. That makes no sense. It means you make decisions for him, making this even more of a totalitarian government. If Blob has things to say, don't lock him out of it. Let him speak. If that fails to happen, you drag yourself to a new low.

Getting slandered because of this is even worse, so I hope I'm not. And slander means agreement. And the admins do what needs to be done to solve problems quickly. I don't want a ban for this. Because if that happened, I'd have no way to speak. We make decisions on our own. Let us. If we have reasons to argue, let us. Blob got really angry, and though it was a bit of overkill, it sent the right message.

"You stab me in the back, I'm gonna stab back, really hard."

And lets keep this on topic. Please. I don't want to deal with random posts clogging this up so nobody reads it seriously.

Thank you for your time.
Offtopic note:

This ^^^^ = why I don't involve you in serious discussions.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some people just abuse the privilege.