Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

LISTEN UP LADIES.

Post by amp » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:36 pm

With the addition of GreyCliff, there has been some lag issues and such... Players are complaining, and want Nidefawl to add more RAM to the server... As is, Nide is paying out of his own pocket most months (Or so I've heard) to keep the server running... This is why, if we want the server to upgrade, we must donate... With 2 Premium 4 Donations per month, Nide could probably keep the server going solely on donations, and create a tiny CraftLand savings account.... The MORE Donations, the more he can upgrade the server for more ram, and more slots... I'm even gunna donate for Premium 4 soon... (Next Week Probably)

Breakdown:
More Donations = More RAM = Less Lag And More Slots = Happiness For All CraftLandians!

This does not mean we should all donate one month, and then never donate again... If we do that, we deplete that tiny CraftLand savings account...

So, it's time to ask...
Are you with me?
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Chedd
Premium 3
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 2,243 hours
Blocks Mined: 785,566
Achievements: 174

Re: LISTEN UP LADIES.

Post by Chedd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Sounds good.
Another idea, as there are already fabulous donating rewards, many players are still not donating quite as much, maybe if more rewards were added, a spark would occur for incoming donations!
And just to clarify, I'm not a lady.
Creator of the world renowned iChedd

Procrastination is like a credit card, it's only fun until you get the bill

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you're some form of cheese

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Chedd wrote:Sounds good.
Another idea, as there are already fabulous donating rewards, many players are still not donating quite as much, maybe if more rewards were added, a spark would occur for incoming donations!
And just to clarify, I'm not a lady.
True... I'm surprised the HD skins haven't triggered a spark...
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Slash
Premium 6
Accountname: BackSlash17
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 1,419 hours
Blocks Mined: 663,089
Achievements: 137

Post by Slash » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 am

Chance, I am all in with u on this considering I have donated 70 euro. For various reasons. And plan on getting to 100 soon. And it seems that craftland meens alot to alot of people.Along with this I'll post a new topic about suggestions for donation ideas.
-Slash

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:36 am

Slash wrote:Chance, I am all in with u on this considering I have donated 70 euro. For various reasons. And plan on getting to 100 soon. And it seems that craftland meens alot to alot of people.Along with this I'll post a new topic about suggestions for donation ideas.
Good Idea! I might have some ideas of my own to add :3
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Slash
Premium 6
Accountname: BackSlash17
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 1,419 hours
Blocks Mined: 663,089
Achievements: 137

Post by Slash » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:45 am

Thx dude
Topic is called:
"Donation Ideas"
In suggestons forum
Posted some of my own ideas
-Slash
-Slash

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:49 am

Slash wrote:Thx dude
Topic is called:
"Donation Ideas"
In suggestons forum
Posted some of my own ideas
-Slash
Nice!
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Tyler
Premium 3
Accountname: ctmpkmlec4
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 637 hours
Blocks Mined: 124,252
Achievements: 80

Post by Tyler » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Here's an idea, and things may run like this already: Give an expiration date to the donor benefits. For example, if someone is a Premium I donor, allow them to enjoy level I perks for, say, a 30 day period. Extend the amount of time before expiration for each donor tier: 14 days for Premium I, 30 days for Premium II, 45 or 60 days for Premium III, and 60 or 180 days for Premium IV. Another thing that I would like to see added as a donor perk is in-game cash. So, we'll use Premium I again for an example: Premium I donates 5 Euro, gets a red name, ability to change their nickname, afk kick exemption, the +5 reserve slot, plus $2500 in-game cash. Cash and nickname don't expire, but the afk exemption, reserved slot, and name color does. Essentially, if a person wants to remain in a certain donor tier, he or she would be required to donate again to avoid expiration extend the time before expiration. I think this would keep your donor pool from becoming stagnant. Of course, people would be free to play. You may also consider awarding additional items as an incentive to donate. Some of the items could be rare or unique. People are willing to pony up the cash to have something that no one else does. There may be a delicate balance to maintain between gameplay (raiding dungeons, fighting bosses, and looting chests), and acquiring items through donation. This is why I suggest making high-tier donor items rare or unique.

I hope I didn't write this post in vain.
-Craftland Wiki Contributor-
-Grammar Nazi-

Tyler
Premium 3
Accountname: ctmpkmlec4
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 637 hours
Blocks Mined: 124,252
Achievements: 80

Post by Tyler » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:08 pm

^ In hindsight, I probably should have posted that in Slash's thread.
-Craftland Wiki Contributor-
-Grammar Nazi-

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Tyler wrote:Here's an idea, and things may run like this already: Give an expiration date to the donor benefits. For example, if someone is a Premium I donor, allow them to enjoy level I perks for, say, a 30 day period. Extend the amount of time before expiration for each donor tier: 14 days for Premium I, 30 days for Premium II, 45 or 60 days for Premium III, and 60 or 180 days for Premium IV. Another thing that I would like to see added as a donor perk is in-game cash. So, we'll use Premium I again for an example: Premium I donates 5 Euro, gets a red name, ability to change their nickname, afk kick exemption, the +5 reserve slot, plus $2500 in-game cash. Cash and nickname don't expire, but the afk exemption, reserved slot, and name color does. Essentially, if a person wants to remain in a certain donor tier, he or she would be required to donate again to avoid expiration extend the time before expiration. I think this would keep your donor pool from becoming stagnant. Of course, people would be free to play. You may also consider awarding additional items as an incentive to donate. Some of the items could be rare or unique. People are willing to pony up the cash to have something that no one else does. There may be a delicate balance to maintain between gameplay (raiding dungeons, fighting bosses, and looting chests), and acquiring items through donation. This is why I suggest making high-tier donor items rare or unique.

I hope I didn't write this post in vain.
No.

We aren't a premium play server, and never will be, I have extreme disgust towards that style of business model.
In terms of items and blocks, an absolute no. These are BENEFITS not REWARDS. They are not the same, we don't wish to disadvantage players who cannot / will not donate.

However, paying a small "renewal", lets say, 5 Euros quarterly (Or 20 Euros a year) to keep 'most' of your benefits after paying for the initial donation tier, is something that sounds like an interesting idea, and something that may work with some looking into, I've seen them work on some other communities. These would stack, of course.

E.G 40 Euros would get you Tier 4, then it would cost 5 Euros every 3 months after that to keep name, HD Skins, XP Bottle kits, XP Loss reduction etc, but they would keep the current Username, current HD Skin and Inventory slots for example.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-