Chedd
Premium 3
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 2,243 hours
Blocks Mined: 785,566
Achievements: 174

Re: LISTEN UP LADIES.

Post by Chedd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Mr_Blobby wrote:We aren't a premium play server, and never will be, I have extreme disgust towards that style of business model.
In terms of items and blocks, an absolute no. These are BENEFITS not REWARDS. They are not the same, we don't wish to disadvantage players who cannot / will not donate.
I fully agree with this. I've had some experience with servers in the past in which run by this method, and well, its just not the way things should be. Servers that do run by this policy tend to be "less than satisfying" fulfillment, and can be destructive to the server itself.
Mr Blobby wrote:However, paying a small "renewal", lets say, 5 Euros quarterly (Or 20 Euros a year) to keep 'most' of your benefits after paying for the initial donation tier, is something that sounds like an interesting idea, and something that may work with some looking into, I've seen them work on some other communities. These would stack, of course.
This could work, as Nide needs as much donations as he can get to maintain such a unique server. As a result of this, maybe more benefits could be added each time one would renew their select rank.
Creator of the world renowned iChedd

Procrastination is like a credit card, it's only fun until you get the bill

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you're some form of cheese

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Mr_Blobby wrote:
Tyler wrote:Here's an idea, and things may run like this already: Give an expiration date to the donor benefits. For example, if someone is a Premium I donor, allow them to enjoy level I perks for, say, a 30 day period. Extend the amount of time before expiration for each donor tier: 14 days for Premium I, 30 days for Premium II, 45 or 60 days for Premium III, and 60 or 180 days for Premium IV. Another thing that I would like to see added as a donor perk is in-game cash. So, we'll use Premium I again for an example: Premium I donates 5 Euro, gets a red name, ability to change their nickname, afk kick exemption, the +5 reserve slot, plus $2500 in-game cash. Cash and nickname don't expire, but the afk exemption, reserved slot, and name color does. Essentially, if a person wants to remain in a certain donor tier, he or she would be required to donate again to avoid expiration extend the time before expiration. I think this would keep your donor pool from becoming stagnant. Of course, people would be free to play. You may also consider awarding additional items as an incentive to donate. Some of the items could be rare or unique. People are willing to pony up the cash to have something that no one else does. There may be a delicate balance to maintain between gameplay (raiding dungeons, fighting bosses, and looting chests), and acquiring items through donation. This is why I suggest making high-tier donor items rare or unique.

I hope I didn't write this post in vain.
No.

We aren't a premium play server, and never will be, I have extreme disgust towards that style of business model.
In terms of items and blocks, an absolute no. These are BENEFITS not REWARDS. They are not the same, we don't wish to disadvantage players who cannot / will not donate.

However, paying a small "renewal", lets say, 5 Euros quarterly (Or 20 Euros a year) to keep 'most' of your benefits after paying for the initial donation tier, is something that sounds like an interesting idea, and something that may work with some looking into, I've seen them work on some other communities. These would stack, of course.

E.G 40 Euros would get you Tier 4, then it would cost 5 Euros every 3 months after that to keep name, HD Skins, XP Bottle kits, XP Loss reduction etc, but they would keep the current Username, current HD Skin and Inventory slots for example.
I think it should be like this:

Premium I has a limited time. 3 Months.
Premium II = 9 Months
Premium 3 18 Months
Premium IV = Unlimited.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Tyler
Premium 3
Accountname: ctmpkmlec4
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 637 hours
Blocks Mined: 124,252
Achievements: 80

Post by Tyler » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:24 pm

I've never played a premium play server before, so I didn't intend to disgust anyone by suggesting a less than favorable business model. My thought was that most people who donate may do so only once. I was simply trying to come up with a way to keep donations flowing.
-Craftland Wiki Contributor-
-Grammar Nazi-

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Post by Killgun » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 am

Chance wrote:
Mr_Blobby wrote:
Tyler wrote:Here's an idea, and things may run like this already: Give an expiration date to the donor benefits. For example, if someone is a Premium I donor, allow them to enjoy level I perks for, say, a 30 day period. Extend the amount of time before expiration for each donor tier: 14 days for Premium I, 30 days for Premium II, 45 or 60 days for Premium III, and 60 or 180 days for Premium IV. Another thing that I would like to see added as a donor perk is in-game cash. So, we'll use Premium I again for an example: Premium I donates 5 Euro, gets a red name, ability to change their nickname, afk kick exemption, the +5 reserve slot, plus $2500 in-game cash. Cash and nickname don't expire, but the afk exemption, reserved slot, and name color does. Essentially, if a person wants to remain in a certain donor tier, he or she would be required to donate again to avoid expiration extend the time before expiration. I think this would keep your donor pool from becoming stagnant. Of course, people would be free to play. You may also consider awarding additional items as an incentive to donate. Some of the items could be rare or unique. People are willing to pony up the cash to have something that no one else does. There may be a delicate balance to maintain between gameplay (raiding dungeons, fighting bosses, and looting chests), and acquiring items through donation. This is why I suggest making high-tier donor items rare or unique.

I hope I didn't write this post in vain.
No.

We aren't a premium play server, and never will be, I have extreme disgust towards that style of business model.

However, paying a small "renewal", lets say, 5 Euros quarterly (Or 20 Euros a year) to keep 'most' of your benefits after paying for the initial donation tier, is something that sounds like an interesting idea, and something that may work with some looking into, I've seen them work on some other communities. These would stack, of course.

E.G 40 Euros would get you Tier 4, then it would cost 5 Euros every 3 months after that to keep name, HD Skins, XP Bottle kits, XP Loss reduction etc, but they would keep the current Username, current HD Skin and Inventory slots for example.

Premium II = 9 Months
Premium 3 18 Months
Premium IV = Unlimited.
And as for those of us who cannot donate again?
Some of the parents of these kids, including mine, are only going to let us donate once. Probably not gonna happen again anytime soon.
I only donated a while back for the namechange and to keep the server running. Now that we actually have donater perks, I'm not prepared, nor happy, to let them go. I can't speak for others, but I can sure as hell speak for myself.

I hope this didn't come across as selfish, because I'm sure I'm speaking for others when I type this.
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 am

Killgun wrote:
Chance wrote:
Mr_Blobby wrote: However, paying a small "renewal", lets say, 5 Euros quarterly (Or 20 Euros a year) to keep 'most' of your benefits after paying for the initial donation tier, is something that sounds like an interesting idea, and something that may work with some looking into, I've seen them work on some other communities. These would stack, of course.

Premium II = 9 Months
Premium 3 18 Months
Premium IV = Unlimited.
And as for those of us who cannot donate again?
Some of the parents of these kids, including mine, are only going to let us donate once. Probably not gonna happen again anytime soon.
I only donated a while back for the namechange and to keep the server running. Now that we actually have donater perks, I'm not prepared, nor happy, to let them go. I can't speak for others, but I can sure as hell speak for myself.

I hope this didn't come across as selfish, because I'm sure I'm speaking for others when I type this.
This style wouldn't be the case of stripping everything as much as stopping some of them. E.G You'd still have expanded inventory, your Username, your Skin.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm

I totally agree with killgun. I could donate again, but not now. If we had to donate every 3 months for example, some people would not be able to do it e.g. me.
Many players on this server are children/teenagers and can not afford to pay that amount of money. We would lose a lot of donators with them thinking that paying for 3 months is not good.

On the other hand, this could work out well, for some. Players who can afford to pay this amount would pay, and pay again, meaning we would get a steady flow of donations from people, but still we wouldn't get as many different players donating.

I also get what your saying blobby, that we wouldn't lose all of our benefits, but once we've payed, we should get to keep ALL of them. Its kind of like renting a premium package, you lose some of it after a while, which personalty, I would not like.

Tyler
Premium 3

Post by Tyler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 pm

In my previous post, I failed to consider that most players have to rely on their parents for donation money. However, those same players likely rely on their parents for their month to month Xbox Live subscription.

I approached this with the mindset that Nidefawl puts a lot of time and money into running this server so that we can have a source of entertainment. And, he doesn't ask for compensation. We get to play on this server for free.

Anyone remember Runescape? I played it way back in 2002. Yeah, I'm old. Anyway, Runescape had a free option, and a members option. The members had access to an entire members-only world, there were members-only items, etc. You could still play the game just fine as a free member.

What if Nide were able to create another world that was members only? Red stone from Greycliff could be used to make a portal to it. I'm not entirely sure what this new world would contain, but it would be unique. Maybe there could be unique ores obtainable only in this world. Unique mobs with unique drops? Purple trees? There would have to some something to make people want to become a member, so any ideas?

The only way I don't see this as being feasible is if Nide would have to run another server to create a members-only world.

BTW pig001, I love the avatar. Abbey Road is one of my favorite Beatles albums.
-Grammar Nazi-

pig001
Premium 6

Post by pig001 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:08 pm

I dont have an xbox, but this goes back to the point about that this isnt a premium play server, it is free to use.
We are meant to be benifiting players with perks, such as afk kick redemption, not giving them them ingame things, such as items/blocks or access to things that normal players can have.

Tyler
Premium 3

Post by Tyler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

It sounds like I have the wrong idea. I'm too wrapped up in the thought that although Craftland free to play for us, someone has to foot the bill to keep the server operational. I know Nide puts a lot of time and effort into the code, plus he has to pay for a place to host it. I can appreciate that most of us can only make a one time donation, but Nide incurs expenses to run this on a monthly basis. Anyway, I won't put forth any more ideas on this matter; it seems I'm missing the mark.
-Grammar Nazi-

pig001
Premium 6

Post by pig001 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Your not missing the mark, your getting there, but just this idea is not right. We need a way to get more donations, but just this idea will not suit everyone.