Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: AFK grinding ban

Post by amp » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Kye wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:51 pm
Time to come back to Craftland oh wait economy is fucked every player I like left lmao and the server is dying (Come on chance you know you want to)
Hey, Kye! Goodbye!
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Puglet
Premium 4
Accountname: bleedingshadow1
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 1,901 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,900,543
Achievements: 194

Post by Puglet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:23 am

Im just saying Pig that this isnt a good thing either because your not going to have players on that did enjoy afk-ing but also did other things to like i said untill the things changed i doubt il get on and on top of that from what i have heard that some staff are on some other server playing some stupid ass mini games and not on craftland because other players hate the stupid nerfs and unnecessary bs. im just saying its a bad thing to do... bad move on craftland for players like me or players who like grinders or what not

USER_AVATAR
Moon
Premium 1
Accountname: Fade8
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 283 hours
Blocks Mined: 143,479
Achievements: 93

Post by Moon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am

I left this server a long time ago for one reason and one reason only, the admins, the mods, and the server owner himself, like to nerf everything and anything. That's why over the years iv'e seen the population of this server die. Having balanced game play is one thing but ruining the games core values and the fun aspect of it is another. That's why i never wasted my time on this server. I don't have any idea as to why my friend bleedingshadow still plays maybe cause he likes some of you. But i personally don't like the mind set any of the staff have for this server. And judging by your player base *cough* i think the people who left would agree with me as well.

Puglet
Premium 4
Accountname: bleedingshadow1
Played: 1,901 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,900,543
Achievements: 194

Post by Puglet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:26 am

Moon wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am
I left this server a long time ago for one reason and one reason only, the admins, the mods, and the server owner himself, like to nerf everything and anything. That's why over the years iv'e seen the population of this server die. Having balanced game play is one thing but ruining the games core values and the fun aspect of it is another. That's why i never wasted my time on this server. I don't have any idea as to why my friend bleedingshadow still plays maybe cause he likes some of you. But i personally don't like the mind set any of the staff have for this server. And judging by your player base *cough* i think the people who left would agree with me as well.
SAVAGERY :morons:

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance

Post by amp » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 am

Moon wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am
You're so off base, Moon. You honestly have no clue what is going on with Craftland, obviously. We try not to nerf everything. Pirate spawners were nerfed because they produced millions in coins out of thin air every day, and all players wanted them nerfed. Afk grinding ban came back because, once again, all the players wanted it, and so did the staff.

What core values of the game have we ruined? We've tried our best to implement every change based on what the community wanted.

And the staff. Yes, we have had some shit staff members in the past. Right now, however, we are in a second Renaissance. I've been a Craftland staff member on and off for over 4 years now. Even when I wasn't staff, I was still active in staff proceedings. So, I have enough experience to know what a good staff team on Craftland is. Right now our current squad is quickly rising to become the most successful team in the history of Craftland. We've created holiday events, new spawners, skins, hats, a WHOLE NEW WORLD, new dungeons, etc. Don't trash the staff team.

For the record, a big reason Craftland has been on the downturn is the failurs of vanilla Minecraft. The more time passes, the more Minecraft becomes an outdated PoS. We have stayed ahead of Minecraft's features, and even the Aether II's.

This team has done more for Craftland than any other. We may not have the same cohesion as some past iterations of the team, but, we are getting there. We are getting things on track. We're updating weekly. We've stepped farther away from pay2win. We're doing literally every single thing players want.

Please, don't try to talk trash when you have no clue what's going on.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 am

"from what i have heard that some staff are on some other server playing some stupid ass mini games and not on craftland because other players hate the stupid nerfs and unnecessary bs." ~ Noxs_Slave

Such a far off comment...
We do not go on other servers and play their mini games because players hate then stupid nerf / unnecessary bs or even ourselves. We go onto servers like Hypixel or Cubecraft because at the end of the day we are players and if we want to play another servers games for a little bit we can. We have had games with Myself, caity, pig, etc etc but we always come right back to craftland. It doesnt take up all our time. We have the right to play minigame servers from time to time if we want to.

------------------

As to what Amp was responding to, Yes this is one of the better staff teams I have seen. Sure we still have some people who need to step up more but we have been growing in general. Let me give you guys a few example...

Pig001: Has taken the steps to work on a weekly update schedule and push to get changes out that are for the better of the server. Players would complain that we don't update often and that we dont get any content but now since Pig has taken his efforts into putting more into the server we now get updates that we wouldnt have seen for a while like new arena bosses, heck a loot table upgrade and dungeons. He has a shit tone of things that he still has in production too and some of it is just pure amazing in my opinion.

Veta & Chance: They have taken it to start working on updating facebook from time to time, try being there for players in-game and to actually set up conversations to get more things moving to better the server.

Beandon: Almost everyday takes some time out of his day to work on the wiki and get it to a more updated state. This alone has encouraged more people like myself and Caity to edit the wiki. He has been doing this for i believe well over a month.

And the list goes on. Before we would only have maybe two staff members trying to do something but couldnt... now we have the ability to do things. We don't randomly nerf things, we look at the situation that is at hand and if a nerf needs to happen for the better of the server then so be it. Pirate spawners have produced 1.2 billion more coins into the economy which is terrible, and why we needed to do something about AFK Grinding and Pirate Spawners. AFK Grinding also made it so flux was too available. When flux came out the idea was that it would be a more tedious "Experience" system that we can use in our own unique ways.. but since it became so easy to get from afk grinding we had to rethink the entire thing.

We are always looking to find ways to improve the server for the better. We base it HEAVILY on player feedback. Players wanted afk grinding banned from what I last knew, heck we had even afk grinding players come to us wanting it removed to better the server. We had players come be upset with us because we were selling spawners and we were too "Pay2Win". So we looked into what we could do and tested the market, we asked what people would like, what we could do and we even researched by seeing what other servers did. This is why we have a lot of skins, hats, motions, models being for special offer now.

I will leave it at, if you do not like the change then I am sorry... If you want to make a real suggestion on what we can do to improve the server then go ahead.

USER_AVATAR
NotSkuerlin
Premium 6
Accountname: paul0608
Last login: 1 month ago
Played: 3,654 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,213,986
Achievements: 236

Post by NotSkuerlin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:05 pm

"Uh, that's the first time I've heard anyone complain about the boss health,"

heard alot of people complain about it (mostly Vampire)

"other games require a lot more clicking, I thought we were fairly tame on that aspect... "

What game? even ClickerHeroes requires less of it :thumbsup:

"If we reduce the boss health, it removes so much challenge,"

A challange for those who are new to the server maybe

"and makes it so easily killed, making the loot less valuable, and players less rewarded by killing it."

Remove Health but give The Boss True-Damage if you dont dodge certain stuff
No Regen in Arena /1 Chance at the boss / if everyone dies Noone gets Loot

Maybe I'm just missing it but i usually don't see people doing the boss because its just that time consuming

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance

Post by amp » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:22 am

Skuerlin wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:05 pm
"Uh, that's the first time I've heard anyone complain about the boss health,"

heard alot of people complain about it (mostly Vampire)

"other games require a lot more clicking, I thought we were fairly tame on that aspect... "

What game? even ClickerHeroes requires less of it :thumbsup:

"If we reduce the boss health, it removes so much challenge,"

A challange for those who are new to the server maybe

"and makes it so easily killed, making the loot less valuable, and players less rewarded by killing it."

Remove Health but give The Boss True-Damage if you dont dodge certain stuff
No Regen in Arena /1 Chance at the boss / if everyone dies Noone gets Loot

Maybe I'm just missing it but i usually don't see people doing the boss because its just that time consuming
Not true at all about people not doing the boss. Since we've made so many changes, I've seen a huge influx of players in the Arena... On top of that, yeah. Clicker heroes requires less clicking. Because after a few clicks, you buy things to click for you :thumbsup:
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

pig001
Premium 6
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 am

"heard alot of people complain about it (mostly Vampire)"
I have heard plenty of people complain about the vampire boss, but I have never heard anyone say "the iron golem boss is too hard and has too much health". The issue that was raised here was the health, something that I think is fine, the vampire boss is a different story.

"What game? even ClickerHeroes requires less of it :thumbsup:"
I mean, if you want you can invest in a helmet that reads your thoughts and plays on craftland, that would be impressive to see, but the reality is there's no other way of attacking, and if we reduce mob health old players complain it's too easy. If we increase, it's too hard, with difficulty we're always stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"A challange for those who are new to the server maybe"
Well, I mean yes I guess? Old players will simultaneously say it's too easy and too hard at the same time, so it's much more difficult to make it challenging for them. New players sometimes need help from the older players though.

"Remove Health but give The Boss True-Damage if you dont dodge certain stuff
No Regen in Arena /1 Chance at the boss / if everyone dies Noone gets Loot"
I tried to do true damage with bosses in the past and people said it was too difficult for new players, but I do think that should be added. I do agree on removing regeneration at the arena, and like the idea that if Noone is in the arena, the boss resets(after a few seconds, incase someone has a connection problem).

People have been doing the boss more recently, but since it's mainly old players on right now, it's difficult to make it interesting to them. But I have seen since the loot update more boss fights in general, which is a good thing. We now just need to get more players online, so look out for those updates soon!
I typed this on a moving bus, there's probably errors all over the place. Try to ignore them

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Post by BeepBoop » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Skimming through this shit storm I saw the words "boss" "health" "2much4me" (might have paraphrased that last one but essentially what it all was).

Anyway yeah I agree with I think it was Paul, because some of the bosses health is just too much, Like again as he said the vampires. I think sometimes the people who actually make the boss and people who think of the ideas of the bosses get tedious and long confused with hard a bit, because when admins tell me that the reason the vampires health is high af its because it makes it harder, when it doesn't, It just gets more tedious. Like with the fleshliche boss now, it spawns in a fuck-tonne of lil zombies and skeletons, thinking its more of a challenge when its just plain fucking annoying.

Linking that ^ to what Moon said about nerfing everything, I have thought that aswell, in a sense. I don't fully agree with Moon but I do share the frustration when I see older players with maxed out "mcmmo" and when asking them "ay yo how you get it?" they respond with "oh it was before the nerf" I get very annoyed because the only way how to actually get maxed out skills now is by sinking so many hours of pure grinding just to reach level 1000, then to 1200 its just as about as long as the last 200 levels are longer (remember when I said sometimes they get long and hard confused, this is one of those times in my opinion)

But no when Moon said something like they nerf everyyythinggg, thatsa no no, yeah they might nerf somethings that are annoying to players but usually its for the good of the server, for example the OP books nerf (ages ago) was annoying to alot of players because alot of people were like "mate we can't fokin get bokz" but it was for the good of the economy as if everyone had them then no one would buy it and money wouldnt really be circulating (bit ironic considering OP books are very common now and money isn't circulating, now that I think about it we been backtracking a bit ain't we?, world works in mysterious ways)

Okay I know this seems very like "wot te fok" is Hades doing, he's staff and talking shit about how the staff is trying to run the server, well na, Im just stating my opinion. I know it might seem very uncensored, thats because it is c:. I do agree with what the staff are doing completely, however I do believe there is much room for improvement.

Love Hades x <3
Merry Pre-Christmas