Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Roller Coaster Contest

Post by Arbr » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:15 am

Rules and Regulations:

#1: Each group is allowed to have a maximum of 3 players. If one of those players has helped another person with their roller coaster, they must choose then what team they want to be on. We will not accept more than three players in a group so choose wisely.

#2: All roller coasters must have a defined ending locations and a defined starting location. If we have to go to search for the start of your roller coaster then we will deduct point.

#3: When riding your roller coaster, If we fall off we will give you a break but if we fall off a maximum of 5 times then we will deduct points.

#4: Roller Coasters must be made after the date of 1/17/2015. If they were made before this date then we will not accept them.

#5: Your roller coaster will be graded in several sections. All these points will later be added up to an overall score. The player with the highest overall score will end up winning the contest. These Sections you will be scored in are..
Creativity, Functionality, Enjoyment

#6: Prizes will have set regulations on what you can claim (If your in a team at least). Below is the set instructions on what your allowed to get as a prize.

Team of 3 Comes in 1st place: 1 First Place Prize, 2 Third Place Prizes
Team of 3 Comes in 2nd Place: 1 Second Place Prize, 2 Third Place Prizes
Team of 3 Comes in 3rd Place: 3 Third Place Prizes

Team of 2 Comes in 1st Place: 1 First Place Prize, 1 Second Place Prize
Team of 2 Comes in 2nd Place: 1 Second Place Prize, 1 Third Place Prize
Team of 2 Comes in 3rd Place: 2 Third Place Prizes

Team of 1 Comes in 1st Place: 1 First Place Prize
Team of 1 Comes in 2nd Place: 1 Second Place Prize
Team of 1 Comes in 3rd Place: 1 Third Place Prize

#7: You are only Allowed to submit one track into the contest. If you submit more than one than we will only accept the first one you submitted and ignore the others. If you wish to change your submission then you can edit your post you made and update it with the updated information.

#8: All Roller Coasters must have warps to them and those warps must be public.

#9: If your roller coaster kills other players that ride them, you will be disqualified from the contest.

#10: All roller coasters are due by 2/13/2015, on 2/14/2015 and or 2/15/2015 we will be judging the roller coasters.

#11: All Roller Coasters must be made in a world that is not Creative mode. Example Worlds to not build in: Joymans World, Pangaea, Christmas Isles, ect.

====================================================================================

Prize Tables:

Third Place:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Second Place:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

First Place:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Prizes are subject to change at any point.

====================================================================

Submission Application:

Roller Coaster Building Team (Max 3 Players, you can work alone):
Warp Location?:
Image of Roller Coaster (Optional):

====================================================================

Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,703 hours
Blocks Mined: 975,880
Achievements: 198

Re: Roller Coaster Contest

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Arbr wrote:

#11: All Roller Coasters must be made in a world that is not Creative mode. Example Worlds to not build in: Joymans World, Pangaea, Christmas Isles, ect.
Hmm... Suspicious. :laughing:
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

GLaDOS
Premium 2
Location: Literally everywhere in the universe simultaneously
Accountname: Hot_Taco_Monkey
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 492 hours
Blocks Mined: 116,611
Achievements: 90

Post by GLaDOS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Just to clarify, can you use things around the coaster that were built before 1-17-2015, or does it have to be completely new?
Have I lied to you?
I mean, in this room?

Arbr
Premium 6

Post by Arbr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:56 pm

GLaDOS wrote:Just to clarify, can you use things around the coaster that were built before 1-17-2015, or does it have to be completely new?
the roller coaster itself needs to be built after 1-17-2015

Joyman533
Premium 4

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:12 pm

My questions:

Why does the warp have to be public? What if I don't want others riding it?

Can I make requirements for how to ride? For example, on my coaster, it's only one person at a time on it. We should be able to make preset requirements for how the judges (and others) ride the coaster.

Will we be penalized if the judge falls off the coaster due to their own bad internet connection and/or laggy computer, while for most others, that part works fine? Seriously, it's not my fault if a judge has a bad connection, if the coaster works fine otherwise.

Will points be deducted if the player takes damage while riding it?

Will each judge's scores for each coaster be made public? I think it's only fair, so that the judges have to stand by their scores.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

Arbr
Premium 6

Post by Arbr » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Joyman533 wrote:My questions:

Why does the warp have to be public? What if I don't want others riding it?

Can I make requirements for how to ride? For example, on my coaster, it's only one person at a time on it. We should be able to make preset requirements for how the judges (and others) ride the coaster.

Will we be penalized if the judge falls off the coaster due to their own bad internet connection and/or laggy computer, while for most others, that part works fine? Seriously, it's not my fault if a judge has a bad connection, if the coaster works fine otherwise.

Will points be deducted if the player takes damage while riding it?

Will each judge's scores for each coaster be made public? I think it's only fair, so that the judges have to stand by their scores.

Why does the warp have to be public?: - There needs to be a public warp so we can get to your warp even if you are offline. Sure there are staff members who can teleport to the warp but the public warp can hurt the accessibility of the coaster for the other judges who are not mods +.

Can I make a requirement for how to ride? - The Base system would be for us to go one at a time. Not all at once. If you wish for us to all go at once then that is your choice.

Will we be penalized if the judge falls off the coaster due to their own bad internet? If a Judge falls off, he will retry. He will retry up to 5 times. If its knowledgeable that his internet connection is acting up or isn't good then if he falls of 5 times then i don't think i will affect score.

Will points be deducted if the player takes damage while riding it? We will be riding the coaster with no armor and no potions, nothing. Full health, Full Hunger. If we a damaged to a point of dieing then it will affect score.

Judges Scores most likely will be shown as an overall score. Not divided into sections.

Example: Arbr - Creativity (5), Enjoyment (10) not Creativity : Unique Pathing (5) : Movement (0) : Environment (-2) : ect.

if you know what i mean.

USER_AVATAR
stangeby
Premium 6
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 503 hours
Blocks Mined: 580,231
Achievements: 137

Post by stangeby » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 pm

I want to add myself, Jet and Dumpling_eater in the contest. We will make the coaster public at friday:)

USER_AVATAR
hotpot27
Premium 4
Played: 1,551 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,490,910
Achievements: 154

Hotpots Coaster!

Post by hotpot27 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Roller Coaster Building Team (Max 3 Players, you can work alone): Hotpot27, Mrhotpringles and Build_to_the_top
Warp Location?: /warp hotpotscoaster
Image of Roller Coaster (Optional):

Joyman533
Premium 4

Post by Joyman533 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Team: Joyman533 & Banana_Cannon

Warp: hoppi20

USER_AVATAR
Arb
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 22 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,426
Achievements: 31

Post by Arb » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:07 am

You can find mine and Adam's coaster at /warp cyclone.

I will hopefully fully be online to operate the coaster for you, as it's a bit non-standard.