Afk-Grinding

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Afk-Grinding

Post by Diesel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Since the deepvale update, afk-grinding became very popular.
But this is a problem!

Problems: -Too much money on the server: I have heard the pirate spawners should get nerfed, or were already nerfed. But that is obviously not enough! Watch the highscores.... Tjolleeeehs alt account has around 150million. And I think like 90- to 99% of his money is from afk-grinding.

-There are too many diamonds and emeralds, stored by the "same " people. So there is a great potential, to ruin the diamond and emerald prices, because some people have "endless" diamonds, while other people dont. The effect of this is, when you try to sell your diamonds cheaper, they can easy beat you, because they have "unlimited" diamonds. And you cant beat this price yourself after a while, because you dont have enough diamonds, or the costs for getting them will be higher then the price of the amount you sell.
In maybe weeks, months or maybe a year, the prices will be fallen extremely, or the economy sector diamonds is mostly gone, because not enough players need diamonds. (because they have "endless")

-Ranks: The rank NO LIFER and above has no "value" anymore. Today its not a sign of a player being very experienced and probably active. No its a sign, that the player spent his time with being afk and farming money by doing nothing.
I believe this is not the COMMON SENSE of Minecraft. You have to do something to archieve something. This is not given anymore on this server. You cant even be proud of being NO LIFER.

-competition: Money WAS A WAY OF FUN COMPETITION on this server, before afk-Grinding was allowed/there were pirate spawners. I remember I had a lot of fun, trading and becoming "rich" (3million). This was not nothing some years ago.
The fun of competition is completely gone!!

Conclusion: Afk-Grinding ruins economy, for people who want to make money. It destroys the fun in competition, and the ranks dont have any higher "meaning" anymore.

The reason why Jet, Chev and Marcel got banned, was : "Duping items and ruining economy". I think Pig wrote this once.
I dont see the point then, why afk grinding is allowed. Its also "ruining " the economy, because of the diamond thing, and people have too much money compared to other people and may be able to control big parts of the economy. If you want to , you will be able to control sectors of the economy.

I demand that afk-grinding will be forbidden again.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Afk-Grinding

Post by amp » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:05 pm

AFK grinding bans are hard to enforce, yes. But I do think it is necessary for the survival of the server. Me and Hades own the largest pirate grinder on the server, and we both have already agreed that we would be willing to have a chat with nidefawl on fair ways to nerf the pirate spawners, but still be fair to those who bought them. Hopefully something can come of that offer.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Post by BeepBoop » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 pm

lol

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 am

amp wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:05 pm
AFK grinding bans are hard to enforce, yes. But I do think it is necessary for the survival of the server. Me and Hades own the largest pirate grinder on the server, and we both have already agreed that we would be willing to have a chat with nidefawl on fair ways to nerf the pirate spawners, but still be fair to those who bought them. Hopefully something can come of that offer.
I dont think they have to be nerfed. If afk-grinding is forbidden, you can still use your grinder, while you are active. But anti afk Machines should be forbidden, because without them there wont be afk grinding.
The problem is that People get 24h an massive amount of money by doing nothing.
That could be prevented by forbidding anti afk Machines and anti afk grinders.

So if a Person is online 10h a day he has the chance to get much money, but this would be fair, because he does something for it.
With afk grinding allowed, this fairness is not given

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Post by fin344 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 am

if afk grinding is forbidden before the dungeons are coming out, nether will get a reset or something interesting is gonna be happen that keep players playing there will be many players that wont play anymore becouse u have nothing to do here or dont want to do that like get a valk armor with unbr X prot VI, farming 2 hours a valk sword and so on. craftland needs a update before u are making afk grinding not allowed anymore or u will lose many players.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 pm

fin344 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 am
if afk grinding is forbidden before the dungeons are coming out, nether will get a reset or something interesting is gonna be happen that keep players playing there will be many players that wont play anymore becouse u have nothing to do here or dont want to do that like get a valk armor with unbr X prot VI, farming 2 hours a valk sword and so on. craftland needs a update before u are making afk grinding not allowed anymore or u will lose many players.
I dont think we will loose many players.
It is not right that someone does not has something to do. The opposite is true. People have to spend time again, to get a valk sword. Craftland will be interesting again, if you can compete fairly again in things like money and items. I would take part at the economy again to get "rich".
It is the common sense of minecraft , that you have to spend time, to get a valk sword.
I spent a lot of hours to be the Addict with the most archivements. Also i spent like 200h to get a powerlevel over 10k. But it was fun and I dont regret it, because I can be proud, because I "worked" hard for it.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Maybe you should come online a bit more often and look at me for example... I got the feeling your statement is utterly pointless due to the fact you practically left the server...
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:46 am

Nox wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 pm
Maybe you should come online a bit more often and look at me for example... I got the feeling your statement is utterly pointless due to the fact you practically left the server...
What would be the Point looking at you?
Why should my opinion be pointless, only because I am not often online?

I feel your Statement is pointless. Please explain me your opinion.

USER_AVATAR
Tjolleeeh
Premium 6
Last login: 1 day ago
Played: 8,593 hours
Blocks Mined: 19,184,326
Achievements: 310

Post by Tjolleeeh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:26 am

Y u salty though.
Hi.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:01 pm

If you have something constructive to say, then do it.

But do not insult me!
There is no place for your insults in this Forum.