Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.

Should the economy be reset?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 39

USER_AVATAR
hiddensavage
Premium 4
Accountname: 2hairman2
Last login: 11 months ago
Played: 2,100 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,903,288
Achievements: 178

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by hiddensavage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 am

The real problem here is pirate spawners, no matter what you add to buy in the credit shop the pirate spawners still make it so you have a massive advantage and you just pour all these basically free valuables into the server. I don't think CL should be this pay to win. Anyone who bought the pirate spawner special offer is basically in the top 10 rich people. Why though nide? I do not think nide did not see this coming. Really, could someone answer how a spawner, that dropped diamonds, emeralds, and money was added into the server? Sorry, not just added but supported. Yes, it was nerfed a bit but then a massive counter to that nerf was the special offer. The pirate spawners were a known problem.. yet nide made probably the most OP special offer supporting them. I really do not think nide did not see people making millions off of this. What is even more incredible is that nide or any of the other admins didn't just remove them when it w[youtubesimple][/youtubesimple]as clearly a problem. The problem is not the economy, you guys are talking about trimming a plant and hoping it does not grow back. In order to fix the problem really.. you just need to remove the pirate spawners and their impact on the server. Now they can, or at least could have done that, but my question is why they didn't. It is not like it was a problem that was caused in a day. It took at least a week or two to have a major impact. Point is that it almost seems like they do not want to remove them I just want to know why.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:58 am

Damien wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 am
The real problem here is pirate spawners, no matter what you add to buy in the credit shop the pirate spawners still make it so you have a massive advantage and you just pour all these basically free valuables into the server. I don't think CL should be this pay to win. Anyone who bought the pirate spawner special offer is basically in the top 10 rich people. Why though nide? I do not think nide did not see this coming. Really, could someone answer how a spawner, that dropped diamonds, emeralds, and money was added into the server? Sorry, not just added but supported. Yes, it was nerfed a bit but then a massive counter to that nerf was the special offer. The pirate spawners were a known problem.. yet nide made probably the most OP special offer supporting them. I really do not think nide did not see people making millions off of this. What is even more incredible is that nide or any of the other admins didn't just remove them when it w[youtubesimple][/youtubesimple]as clearly a problem. The problem is not the economy, you guys are talking about trimming a plant and hoping it does not grow back. In order to fix the problem really.. you just need to remove the pirate spawners and their impact on the server. Now they can, or at least could have done that, but my question is why they didn't. It is not like it was a problem that was caused in a day. It took at least a week or two to have a major impact. Point is that it almost seems like they do not want to remove them I just want to know why.
Craftland is not a server that has thousands of players. We do everything we can to try and make ends meet in terms of donations. We have tried EVERY idea that players say they'll donate for. Even then, the same players who say I'd be happy paying $10 for this this and this, don't buy the offer. That's how pirate special offers became a thing. It's not our fault.

They should not be removed, but they should be nerfed. The people with the biggest Pirate grinders on the server (Me, Hades, and Tjolleeeh) all see the problem, and are willing to work WITH nidefawl in coming to a common sense solution; nerfing them, but not making our donations worthless by making them shit.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
hiddensavage
Premium 4
Accountname: 2hairman2
Last login: 11 months ago
Played: 2,100 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,903,288
Achievements: 178

Post by hiddensavage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:36 am

Alright, but you understand the pirate spawners would have to be heavily nerfed for the donation to be balanced right? By heavily nerfed I mean 100k a day for like 30 spawners. Eventually (if it already hasn't) your donation will pay off.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Damien wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:36 am
Alright, but you understand the pirate spawners would have to be heavily nerfed for the donation to be balanced right? By heavily nerfed I mean 100k a day for like 30 spawners. Eventually (if it already hasn't) your donation will pay off.
It's funny you mentioned that; Mine and Hades grinder is over 30 spawners, and we'd said we'd be fine with 100-200k for 24 hours straight of grinding. Kinda sad that the top 10 money owns 44% of the money (excluding bank accounts)
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

jetoler
Premium 5
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 667 hours
Blocks Mined: 313,527
Achievements: 91

Post by jetoler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

i quit long ago but yes, good idea.

even tho it doesnt affect me
"An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind"

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Post by BeepBoop » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Hamster wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm
Cody wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm
The craftland economy suffers from something every economy suffers from and a hard reset of money only delays the issue and now with pirate spawners it wont even delay it that much, will resetting it may be an option i feel we should also do other stuff to prevent it from eaching such a state again like introducing a tax on shop chests to try and keep the economy from growing too large
nerf pirate spawners to fix economy
Eco still pretty broken.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:10 pm

xX_HaDeSbInO_Xx wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 pm
Hamster wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm
Cody wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm
The craftland economy suffers from something every economy suffers from and a hard reset of money only delays the issue and now with pirate spawners it wont even delay it that much, will resetting it may be an option i feel we should also do other stuff to prevent it from eaching such a state again like introducing a tax on shop chests to try and keep the economy from growing too large
nerf pirate spawners to fix economy
Eco still pretty broken.
Yeah that is correct and was foreseenable.
Well you , Chance and Tjolleeh did your part to it. (no offense)

But I think resetting the economy wont help here. Some of you already bought some of the most expensive items on the server, so a reset wont fix anything, besides you 3 will get even more rich, because other people maybe do not buy enough or expensive enough items.

I am sorry, but I am suspicious. You were for banning afk-grinding, bc. to the time you had more then enough money and did not want other people to have the opportunity to catch up.
Well now the event I mentioned before could take place.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Diesel wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:10 pm
Yeah that is correct and was foreseenable.
Well you , Chance and Tjolleeh did your part to it. (no offense)

But I think resetting the economy wont help here. Some of you already bought some of the most expensive items on the server, so a reset wont fix anything, besides you 3 will get even more rich, because other people maybe do not buy enough or expensive enough items.

I am sorry, but I am suspicious. You were for banning afk-grinding, bc. to the time you had more then enough money and did not want other people to have the opportunity to catch up.
Well now the event I mentioned before could take place.
A gross mischaracterization of events here.

1. Tjolleeeh, Hades and I have been, from the beginning, proponents of nerfing the pirate grinders. I know that Hades and myself have been for banning AFK grinding since before pirate spawners were even released.

2. This notion of the richest players buying everything on the server is true, but also not. Even before pirate spawners were added, I was the second richest player on the server, and regularly bought out expensive spawners, Valkyrie swords, and hats. That was nothing new for me.

3. As I said above, Hades and I have been for banning afk-grinding since it became allowed. We never wanted it to be legal, but, we did use it to our advantage while it was. And even while using it, I was still constantly railing against it and pushing for a ban. Sadly, it took longer than I would have hoped for.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778
Achievements: 230

Post by Blue » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:42 pm

bump

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 pm

Tbh didn’t even know the economy run on money anymore, thought we used items to decide what stuff is worth, coins have been pretty much useless for a while now as you can see buy /money top tbh a cap limit on money would be better like 100 mil would do not like you can even spend that many coins anyways or 1 billion someone needs to get that at some point
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.