Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.

Should the economy be reset?

Yes
24
73%
No
9
27%
 
Total votes: 33

USER_AVATAR
Damien
Premium 4
Location: Milky Way, Solar System, Earth
Accountname: 2hairman2
Posts: 136
Joined: Aug 14, 2013
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,054 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,794,026
Achievements: 170

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by Damien » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 am

The real problem here is pirate spawners, no matter what you add to buy in the credit shop the pirate spawners still make it so you have a massive advantage and you just pour all these basically free valuables into the server. I don't think CL should be this pay to win. Anyone who bought the pirate spawner special offer is basically in the top 10 rich people. Why though nide? I do not think nide did not see this coming. Really, could someone answer how a spawner, that dropped diamonds, emeralds, and money was added into the server? Sorry, not just added but supported. Yes, it was nerfed a bit but then a massive counter to that nerf was the special offer. The pirate spawners were a known problem.. yet nide made probably the most OP special offer supporting them. I really do not think nide did not see people making millions off of this. What is even more incredible is that nide or any of the other admins didn't just remove them when it w[youtubesimple][/youtubesimple]as clearly a problem. The problem is not the economy, you guys are talking about trimming a plant and hoping it does not grow back. In order to fix the problem really.. you just need to remove the pirate spawners and their impact on the server. Now they can, or at least could have done that, but my question is why they didn't. It is not like it was a problem that was caused in a day. It took at least a week or two to have a major impact. Point is that it almost seems like they do not want to remove them I just want to know why.
Image
Image

User avatar
amp
Premium 6
Location: New York
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Posts: 2522
Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Last login: 12 hours ago
Played: 3,307 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,469,204
Achievements: 189
Contact:

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by amp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:58 am

Damien wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 am
The real problem here is pirate spawners, no matter what you add to buy in the credit shop the pirate spawners still make it so you have a massive advantage and you just pour all these basically free valuables into the server. I don't think CL should be this pay to win. Anyone who bought the pirate spawner special offer is basically in the top 10 rich people. Why though nide? I do not think nide did not see this coming. Really, could someone answer how a spawner, that dropped diamonds, emeralds, and money was added into the server? Sorry, not just added but supported. Yes, it was nerfed a bit but then a massive counter to that nerf was the special offer. The pirate spawners were a known problem.. yet nide made probably the most OP special offer supporting them. I really do not think nide did not see people making millions off of this. What is even more incredible is that nide or any of the other admins didn't just remove them when it w[youtubesimple][/youtubesimple]as clearly a problem. The problem is not the economy, you guys are talking about trimming a plant and hoping it does not grow back. In order to fix the problem really.. you just need to remove the pirate spawners and their impact on the server. Now they can, or at least could have done that, but my question is why they didn't. It is not like it was a problem that was caused in a day. It took at least a week or two to have a major impact. Point is that it almost seems like they do not want to remove them I just want to know why.
Craftland is not a server that has thousands of players. We do everything we can to try and make ends meet in terms of donations. We have tried EVERY idea that players say they'll donate for. Even then, the same players who say I'd be happy paying $10 for this this and this, don't buy the offer. That's how pirate special offers became a thing. It's not our fault.

They should not be removed, but they should be nerfed. The people with the biggest Pirate grinders on the server (Me, Hades, and Tjolleeeh) all see the problem, and are willing to work WITH nidefawl in coming to a common sense solution; nerfing them, but not making our donations worthless by making them shit.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Damien
Premium 4
Location: Milky Way, Solar System, Earth
Accountname: 2hairman2
Posts: 136
Joined: Aug 14, 2013
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,054 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,794,026
Achievements: 170

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by Damien » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:36 am

Alright, but you understand the pirate spawners would have to be heavily nerfed for the donation to be balanced right? By heavily nerfed I mean 100k a day for like 30 spawners. Eventually (if it already hasn't) your donation will pay off.
Image
Image

User avatar
amp
Premium 6
Location: New York
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Posts: 2522
Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Last login: 12 hours ago
Played: 3,307 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,469,204
Achievements: 189
Contact:

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by amp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Damien wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:36 am
Alright, but you understand the pirate spawners would have to be heavily nerfed for the donation to be balanced right? By heavily nerfed I mean 100k a day for like 30 spawners. Eventually (if it already hasn't) your donation will pay off.
It's funny you mentioned that; Mine and Hades grinder is over 30 spawners, and we'd said we'd be fine with 100-200k for 24 hours straight of grinding. Kinda sad that the top 10 money owns 44% of the money (excluding bank accounts)
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

User avatar
jetoler
Premium 5
Location: Craftland
Posts: 108
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
Last login: 2 days ago
Played: 633 hours
Blocks Mined: 284,039
Achievements: 91
Contact:

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by jetoler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

i quit long ago but yes, good idea.


even tho it doesnt affect me
"An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind"

USER_AVATAR
Hades
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Posts: 196
Joined: Dec 26, 2013
Last login: 18 hours ago
Played: 4,414 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,517,093
Achievements: 215

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by Hades » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Hamster wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm
Cody wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm
The craftland economy suffers from something every economy suffers from and a hard reset of money only delays the issue and now with pirate spawners it wont even delay it that much, will resetting it may be an option i feel we should also do other stuff to prevent it from eaching such a state again like introducing a tax on shop chests to try and keep the economy from growing too large
nerf pirate spawners to fix economy
Eco still pretty broken.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Location: Germany
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Posts: 293
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Last login: 14 days ago
Played: 623 hours
Blocks Mined: 915,078
Achievements: 183

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by Diesel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:10 pm

xX_HaDeSbInO_Xx wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 pm
Hamster wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm
Cody wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm
The craftland economy suffers from something every economy suffers from and a hard reset of money only delays the issue and now with pirate spawners it wont even delay it that much, will resetting it may be an option i feel we should also do other stuff to prevent it from eaching such a state again like introducing a tax on shop chests to try and keep the economy from growing too large
nerf pirate spawners to fix economy
Eco still pretty broken.
Yeah that is correct and was foreseenable.
Well you , Chance and Tjolleeh did your part to it. (no offense)

But I think resetting the economy wont help here. Some of you already bought some of the most expensive items on the server, so a reset wont fix anything, besides you 3 will get even more rich, because other people maybe do not buy enough or expensive enough items.

I am sorry, but I am suspicious. You were for banning afk-grinding, bc. to the time you had more then enough money and did not want other people to have the opportunity to catch up.
Well now the event I mentioned before could take place.
Biste nüchtern, biste schüchtern
Biste voll, biste toll!!!

User avatar
amp
Premium 6
Location: New York
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Posts: 2522
Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Last login: 12 hours ago
Played: 3,307 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,469,204
Achievements: 189
Contact:

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by amp » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Diesel wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:10 pm
Yeah that is correct and was foreseenable.
Well you , Chance and Tjolleeh did your part to it. (no offense)

But I think resetting the economy wont help here. Some of you already bought some of the most expensive items on the server, so a reset wont fix anything, besides you 3 will get even more rich, because other people maybe do not buy enough or expensive enough items.

I am sorry, but I am suspicious. You were for banning afk-grinding, bc. to the time you had more then enough money and did not want other people to have the opportunity to catch up.
Well now the event I mentioned before could take place.
A gross mischaracterization of events here.

1. Tjolleeeh, Hades and I have been, from the beginning, proponents of nerfing the pirate grinders. I know that Hades and myself have been for banning AFK grinding since before pirate spawners were even released.

2. This notion of the richest players buying everything on the server is true, but also not. Even before pirate spawners were added, I was the second richest player on the server, and regularly bought out expensive spawners, Valkyrie swords, and hats. That was nothing new for me.

3. As I said above, Hades and I have been for banning afk-grinding since it became allowed. We never wanted it to be legal, but, we did use it to our advantage while it was. And even while using it, I was still constantly railing against it and pushing for a ban. Sadly, it took longer than I would have hoped for.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

User avatar
Blue
Premium 3
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Posts: 541
Joined: Jan 16, 2013
Last login: 1 month ago
Played: 1,266 hours
Blocks Mined: 829,051
Achievements: 152
Contact:

Re: Economy Reset? :o Tell me wot ye think

Post by Blue » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:03 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

apologies, i havent read thoroughly through the thread so if someone already mentioned this, mb. but this is my take on it: pirate grinders or not, the distribution of wealth will always eventually end up the same. if you were to reset the economy, it'd eventually end up the same way anyway. we have seen this happen in every means of production that's ever existed.


this video sums it up pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcEWRykSgwE
:^)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests