Why do the skins look so much worse than the hats?

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Why do the skins look so much worse than the hats?

Post by Neo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:36 am

All the skins look... like they are from cube world or something. The reason is because whoever is making them isn't using the curved and diagonal pieces if you know what I am talking about. I don't know if you just can't do it for some reason or people just arent doing it, but I would like to know which one it is.
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

Arbr
Premium 6
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Re: Why do the skins look so much worse than the hats?

Post by Arbr » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:17 am

s1mple wrote:All the skins look... like they are from cube world or something. The reason is because whoever is making them isn't using the curved and diagonal pieces if you know what I am talking about. I don't know if you just can't do it for some reason or people just arent doing it, but I would like to know which one it is.
Skins are using a different system than hats. Hats are using a Techne Program or other programs to make the models like curves and stuff. Skins are using a mod called Armourers Workshop which allows the creation of these skins using In-Game Blocks. We make the models on a server or single player with just that mod and then its uploaded to craftland as a skin.

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Re: Why do the skins look so much worse than the hats?

Post by Neo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:53 am

Arbr wrote:
s1mple wrote:All the skins look... like they are from cube world or something. The reason is because whoever is making them isn't using the curved and diagonal pieces if you know what I am talking about. I don't know if you just can't do it for some reason or people just arent doing it, but I would like to know which one it is.
Skins are using a different system than hats. Hats are using a Techne Program or other programs to make the models like curves and stuff. Skins are using a mod called Armourers Workshop which allows the creation of these skins using In-Game Blocks. We make the models on a server or single player with just that mod and then its uploaded to craftland as a skin.
Ohh ok makes sense
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014