Offended

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Offended

Post by Nox » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:09 am

Since caity gets offended of me saying she should eat a salad, just like I did eat one a few hours ago, which was delicious. She warns me for disrespecting her, in her words she said I was referring to her being 'fat'.

Little example: Hey paul go drink a beer, does that refer to that he's being a alcoholic? Not in my point of view..

Little example2: Hey, let's go get ourselfs a meal, in caities point of view it would mean that we are having the disorder of anorexia nervosa.

Little example3: Hey craftlanders, (for me this would mean someone is saying hello, marcelgs does this when he logs in) Caity would think he means that all players of craftland are addicted people to the pc. I would personally say Hey runescaper back, but caity would just get offended of the smallest things.

In my point of view saying to caity she should eat a salad, is not offence and I am not fond of being warned for disrespect while I am giving some a thought of eating something that is delicious, good for your health and help the enviorment by not eating meat based products.

In any case I want this warning to be removed. It doesn't make sense to warn people for giving their best wishes.

Little other thingie that came up just before this, someone was about to go to the mining world, I said good for you, and caity says Dark, be nice please. If my canadian family say that to me or visa versa we mean, we are glad that you're having a good time. I am not sure why caity sees this as offensive behaviour but I am not very fond of her being intolerant to other cultures.

P.S. Caity I am fine with you having your personal opinions, but don't blame others for your personal thoughts.

Evidences:

First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
lilkiki1
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 694 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,301,956
Achievements: 125

Re: Offended

Post by lilkiki1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 am

Truly, this seems like a petty thing to even have a discussion about. Clearly it is not a big deal. I don't believe in any way that this was meant to be a personal insult on Caity. There is no evidence of the comment being made in a rude manner. I think that Caity misinterpreted Nox's intentions. This warning is uncalled for and should be removed immediately.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Do I know what he meant? No. But Nox, you have a history of being an ass. So I wouldn't put this past you.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Lux
Premium 6
Accountname: ModOfLife
Last login: 1 month ago
Played: 3,034 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,100,883
Achievements: 188

Post by Lux » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 pm

lilkiki1 wrote:Truly, this seems like a petty thing to even have a discussion about. Clearly it is not a big deal. I don't believe in any way that this was meant to be a personal insult on Caity. There is no evidence of the comment being made in a rude manner. I think that Caity misinterpreted Nox's intentions. This warning is uncalled for and should be removed immediately.
It's a big deal. What Nox wrote here, is not the only instance of where Caity warns him, for putting together the most innocent words to make a positively-minded message, that clearly isn't meant to be impertinent. Caity's evidence to support her claims to warn, mute, kick or ban Nox are clearly inferior, and are greatly leaned towards the subjective side. I believe Nox, and any other player, should be allowed to say such innocent words in the chat without aggressive consequences due to their acts, that they unknowingly would cause such things to them. If the staff are persistent enough to keep pushing the cart forward up a hill, then please show a sign, or message, that'll teach us of what to and not to write in the global chat. It is significantly unfair to us the regular players, that we do not know when and of what to write, and I believe none of us, wants to hurt ones feelings by own choice, without outside impairment from know or unknown people or general influences. As players should respects staff, staff should respect them equally as much - no less. Please be nice to each other, and don't chop their tongues off for saying something you understood in another way, than they actually meant.
http://i.giphy.com/1VKi2xud4qsrS.gif
http://www.strawpoll.me/80648

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Fully Legitimate Warn. No need to comment on why this isn't alright.
Just behave and nothing will go wrong.