RIP shadow aether, RIP nether

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Re: RIP shadow aether, RIP nether

Post by Hampton » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:10 pm

how much does it cost to run the server for 1 month?

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:44 pm

herohamp wrote:how much does it cost to run the server for 1 month?
Over 200 euro.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
TiLT
Premium 6
Accountname: TiLT_Memo
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 3,124 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,218,022
Achievements: 244

Post by TiLT » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:01 pm

now would be a perfect time to ban afk grinding because afk grinding + these spawners is just ridiculous my wither skeleton grinder was recently destroyed by someone and for people to pretty much pay so that doesn't happen to them is unfair. I understand the server needs donations to survive but there are plenty of different spawners to sell

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:21 pm

TiLT wrote:now would be a perfect time to ban afk grinding because afk grinding + these spawners is just ridiculous my wither skeleton grinder was recently destroyed by someone and for people to pretty much pay so that doesn't happen to them is unfair. I understand the server needs donations to survive but there are plenty of different spawners to sell
Would also like to see this happen tbh.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Post by A_Land_Whale » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Afk grinding should have been fixed/bannable long ago, sometimes you have to take the loss of a few prominent players. The fact that nide has literally given an item that encourages afk grinding to ppl who grind enough time imo shows he really does not give a shit about weather or not people do it. I cannot see any kind of change coming any time in the future. A few simple fixes: hammers of notch no longer keep you unafk, players being pushed or jumping on their own no longer makes a player unafk, orrrrr just ban players for a day every time they are caught afk grinding... ofc none of these things will ever be done but one can dream. All this shit wrong with cl has reminded me how fun xbox is tho ^^
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:22 am

A_Land_Whale wrote:Afk grinding should have been fixed/bannable long ago, sometimes you have to take the loss of a few prominent players. The fact that nide has literally given an item that encourages afk grinding to ppl who grind enough time imo shows he really does not give a shit about weather or not people do it. I cannot see any kind of change coming any time in the future. A few simple fixes: hammers of notch no longer keep you unafk, players being pushed or jumping on their own no longer makes a player unafk, orrrrr just ban players for a day every time they are caught afk grinding... ofc none of these things will ever be done but one can dream. All this shit wrong with cl has reminded me how fun xbox is tho ^^
Afk grinding used to be a permban for first offense. After a certain incident, it became just a tospawn or a kick. When I asked nidefawl to re-crackdown on AFK grinding a few months ago, he said he would instead make AFK grinding allowed because it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent. Which it is.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:20 pm

amp wrote:
A_Land_Whale wrote:Afk grinding should have been fixed/bannable long ago, sometimes you have to take the loss of a few prominent players. The fact that nide has literally given an item that encourages afk grinding to ppl who grind enough time imo shows he really does not give a shit about weather or not people do it. I cannot see any kind of change coming any time in the future. A few simple fixes: hammers of notch no longer keep you unafk, players being pushed or jumping on their own no longer makes a player unafk, orrrrr just ban players for a day every time they are caught afk grinding... ofc none of these things will ever be done but one can dream. All this shit wrong with cl has reminded me how fun xbox is tho ^^
Afk grinding used to be a permban for first offense. After a certain incident, it became just a tospawn or a kick. When I asked nidefawl to re-crackdown on AFK grinding a few months ago, he said he would instead make AFK grinding allowed because it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent. Which it is.
Not completly, if you get reports of someone and you ignore the reports anyways than yes it's impossible to prevent it. But that is just a matter of choice of doing something against it or not. Also allowing it just because you don't want to deal with it doesn't seem to solve the problem either. Also I don't get why people are complaining, the people who complain the most are the users of afkgrinding for the most part. Take hades chance Jet etc they are against afkgrinding but use as many as possible alternative accounts to use it. Sorry but that means you're just a hypocrit.

If you don't like it what ya read keep thinking about something else so you can get back to paradise..
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Post by A_Land_Whale » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:43 pm

amp wrote:
That's why I suggest a 1 day ban every time since nobody will ever be permabanned on here at least discourage them from afk grinding by denying them access every time they get caught.
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Nox wrote:Take hades chance Jet etc they are against afkgrinding but use as many as possible alternative accounts to use it. Sorry but that means you're just a hypocrit.
Really?

Here's the playtime for my only alt account: 1hr, 47m, 24s since Oct 1 2016
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.