Helpers afk grinding

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Term
Premium 6
Accountname: terminator473
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,791 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,956,247
Achievements: 209

Helpers afk grinding

Post by Term » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:57 am

I think helpers shouldn't be allowed to afk grind, because

1. They're suppose to set a good example (I know afk grinding is allowed, but is frowned upon) if staff members are afk grinding, they don't set a good example for the newer players, okay nothing wrong with them afk grinding, but there are a lot of people in the community that hate it when people afk grind.

2. They show up active but actually aren't??? Yeah this is a big issue when it comes to creating regions and helping out newer players (Answering questions they may have and such) some players may put in a report that helpers aren't doing their job properly ignoring players.
Also if a new player joins and they are just ignored, they may think that the community isn't very nice and may leave, which is quite bad for the servers reputation.

Feel free to comment your opinions, but I don't want to hear "stfu you're banned" *Stares at chev*

don't take your time to insult me personally if you don't agree with the post.
Just put your points as to why you don't agree

Red
Premium 5
Accountname: red2minecraft
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,004 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,615,147
Achievements: 215

Re: Helpers afk grinding

Post by Red » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:28 pm

I believe that helpers+ should be allowed to afk grind, so long as it is on an ALT account, that way the activity thing won't be an issue. However, it was sated that it is fully allowed and that goes for staff too.
~Red :cheesy:

Term
Premium 6

Post by Term » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Red wrote:I believe that helpers+ should be allowed to afk grind, so long as it is on an ALT account, that way the activity thing won't be an issue. However, it was sated that it is fully allowed and that goes for staff too.
I meant main account, I don't disagree with ALT afk grinding for staff, and yes I know its allowed for helpers and other staff members which is why I made this post.

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Post by BeepBoop » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:16 pm

I agree with Term, (got ur back boi) Reason is well because I basically share the same opinion as him. I dont think that it sets a good example even though its allowed but its the same sort of thing as swearing in global, staff are allowed to, were just advised not to, to set a good example. Also, Red its stated that all players can do it, but when I did it on my main I got hate and everyone was saying how much of a bad helper I am because I am not afk and dont answer anyone. So yeah I dont think staff in general should AFK grind. (Atleast on their main, I feel its perfectly fine to Afk grind on an alt, I mean I literally did that all the time)

Term
Premium 6

Post by Term » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Hades wrote:I agree with Term, (got ur back boi) Reason is well because I basically share the same opinion as him. I dont think that it sets a good example even though its allowed but its the same sort of thing as swearing in global, staff are allowed to, were just advised not to, to set a good example. Also, Red its stated that all players can do it, but when I did it on my main I got hate and everyone was saying how much of a bad helper I am because I am not afk and dont answer anyone. So yeah I dont think staff in general should AFK grind. (Atleast on their main, I feel its perfectly fine to Afk grind on an alt, I mean I literally did that all the time)
AFK grind away on your ALT accounts, but staff should not be allowed to do it on their main, my opinion will not change. I just feel it causes issues like you stated Hades.

USER_AVATAR
Bubik2
Premium 6
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 3,175 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,526,782
Achievements: 256

Post by Bubik2 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Trem wrote:
Hades wrote:I agree with Term, (got ur back boi) Reason is well because I basically share the same opinion as him. I dont think that it sets a good example even though its allowed but its the same sort of thing as swearing in global, staff are allowed to, were just advised not to, to set a good example. Also, Red its stated that all players can do it, but when I did it on my main I got hate and everyone was saying how much of a bad helper I am because I am not afk and dont answer anyone. So yeah I dont think staff in general should AFK grind. (Atleast on their main, I feel its perfectly fine to Afk grind on an alt, I mean I literally did that all the time)
AFK grind away on your ALT accounts, but staff should not be allowed to do it on their main, my opinion will not change. I just feel it causes issues like you stated Hades.
Mh i personaly grind but not 100% afk i look on my 2.monitor and looking some movies so i can always anwser if some1 ask me/a Helper
So i would say if the Helper grinds he should look over the Global all 30mins
Just a Bubik :O
(My English is always bad)

Term
Premium 6

Post by Term » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Bubik2 wrote:
Trem wrote:
Mh i personaly grind but not 100% afk i look on my 2.monitor and looking some movies so i can always anwser if some1 ask me/a Helper
So i would say if the Helper grinds he should look over the Global all 30mins
If you can answer someone in chat instantly I don't have a problem with that, but if you're asleep afk grinding thats the issue, because you're not active in chat yet the server thinks you're active and wont mark you ask afk

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 am

Way to make this better: Helpers should be able to be set to "Vanish" by a Mod when they want to AFK in vanish they shouldn't gain any playtime or code into the game spare accounts for helpers to afk grind on cause we can't be expected to buy alt account to do what everyone else can
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 25 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:11 am

Jay wrote:Way to make this better: Helpers should be able to be set to "Vanish" by a Mod when they want to AFK in vanish they shouldn't gain any playtime or code into the game spare accounts for helpers to afk grind on cause we can't be expected to buy alt account to do what everyone else can
A lot of staff already have alternative accounts, if not just talk to nide.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Term
Premium 6

Post by Term » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Jay wrote:Way to make this better: Helpers should be able to be set to "Vanish" by a Mod when they want to AFK in vanish they shouldn't gain any playtime or code into the game spare accounts for helpers to afk grind on cause we can't be expected to buy alt account to do what everyone else can
Don't be a helper then, no one forces you to be a helper. If you want to be staff on Craftland you should set a good example.