To the person this was intended for

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
Cake
Premium 6
Accountname: CakeLyfe
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 713 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,484,186
Achievements: 135

To the person this was intended for

Post by Cake » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:15 pm

So, imagine a situation like this: Bob and Sam are players on Craftland. Bob decides to trade Sam an op book. In return, Sam gives Bob a lot of iron. Then, a few minutes later, Bob decides that he didn't like the trade, and that he wanted the book returned, and he would return the iron as well. Sam says that a trade was a trade, that "it was a fair trade", and that he's "trying to be fair".

In this situation, I'm the Bob. Another player that I won't name is the Sam. I agreed to trade the Protection IX book to them, in exchange for an iron chest and a few more stacks of iron blocks. I won't name them because I don't want them to get in trouble, if they do, because of a trade I initiated. Hopefully, when you see this, you will know who you are :D

Here are the reasons why I want the trade to be revoked:
1. They have an Iron Golem grinder with around seven to eight Iron Golem spawners. This means that even after the payment, the iron will still be flowing, and after a few days of afk grinding, as Nide himself said that he couldn't prevent the afk grinding, the iron that they lost wouldn't matter anymore.
2. I did a little math here. On the shop, the average cost of an iron ingot is 10.6 coins. This, multiplied by the 44,109 iron ingots I got, amount up to 467,555 coins, assuming I even sell all of them. This is a lot less than the 2.5 mil it was being sold on the shop, or at least 1 mil, in case the owner was selling it for too much.
3. I got the book from the arena, after fighting a vampire boss. They only had to afk for a few days for all that iron. As for the spawners, I know that they give access to people if they give an Iron Golem spawner, which means that probably around four to six spawners are from others.
4. (I know this is probably a bad reason) Even on Steam, a place where a lot of things can be traded, it gives u a few weeks to cancel the trade, in which the items are refunded. It had been a few minutes when I decided I wanted to cancel the trade, so I think it should had been refunded right there.

To the person this was intended for, I hope you understand, and hopefully we stay on good terms :D
Last edited by Cake on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Re: To the person this was intended for

Post by Nox » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:19 pm

economie and such things are player related, if you gotten a bad trade just hope the person will repay you or something similar out of that not a matter for staff.

At some moment tilt sold me 7 eff 10 books for just 175k, I bought them so others couldn't and he wouldn't be screwed by it. Try to find a good person to trade with :)
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

Term
Premium 6
Accountname: terminator473
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,791 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,956,247
Achievements: 209

Re: To the person this was intended for

Post by Term » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Cake wrote:So, imagine a situation like this: Bob and Sam are players on Craftland. Bob decides to trade Sam an op book. In return, Sam gives Bob a lot of iron. Then, a few minutes later, Bob decides that he didn't like the trade, and that he wanted the book returned, and he would return the iron as well. Sam says that a trade was a trade, that "it was a fair trade", and that he's "trying to be fair".

In this situation, I'm the Bob. Another player that I won't name is the Sam. I agreed to trade the Protection IX book to them, in exchange for an iron chest and a few more stacks of iron blocks. I won't name them because I don't want them to get in trouble, if they do, because of a trade I initiated. Hopefully, when you see this, you will know who you are :D

Here are the reasons why I want the trade to be revoked:
1. They have an Iron Golem grinder with around seven to eight Iron Golem spawners. This means that even after the payment, the iron will still be flowing, and after a few days of afk grinding, as Nide himself said that he couldn't prevent the afk grinding, the iron that they lost wouldn't matter anymore.
2. I did a little math here. On the shop, the average cost of an iron ingot is 10.6 coins. This, multiplied by the 44,109 iron ingots I got, amount up to 467,555 coins, assuming I even sell all of them. This is a lot less than the 2.5 mil it was being sold on the shop, or at least 1 mil, in case the owner was selling it for too much.
3. I got the book from the arena, after fighting a vampire boss. They only had to afk for a few days for all that iron. As for the spawners, I know that they give access to people if they give an Iron Golem spawner, which means that probably around four to six spawners are from others.
4. (I know this is probably a bad reason) Even on Steam, a place where a lot of things can be traded, it gives u a few weeks to cancel the trade, in which the items are refunded. It had been a few minutes when I decided I wanted to cancel the trade, so I think it should had been refunded right there.

To the person this was intended for, I hope you understand, and hopefully we stay on good terms :D
I'm afraid to say, its your fault for not calculating before hand, you took the trade its your fault. A trade is a trade you can't just be like nawww I don't want this afk grinded iron and undo the trade. you traded for all you know the book could be on his armour already.

Learn from your mistakes and carry on playing, you'll get another one soon enough (maybe :P)