Security Problems

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 20 hours ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Security Problems

Post by BlasterG717 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:11 am

I feel as though we need some sort of more security on our ts server and such, reason being is that so random people can't just join and do stuff that just happened to me and Gluttony, we recently just had a young user that joined, we personally had never seen him before, and being in the channel for only 5 mins, most of us in the channel began to experience lots of lag, to the point where we can't even talk. We attempted to leave this channel and he said, "no don't leave don't leave". We left however, and he soon did aswell, me and Gluttony seemed to be the only ones that are still have lag problems because we think this guy was DDOSing us. With some sort is TS resolver, and by using it he was able to find our skypes because he had our ips. his name on Skype was "Anon Anon" which is a well known hacking group, Ill edit more of this in the morning but I had to get this out now

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Security Problems

Post by Kye » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:20 am

BlasterG717 wrote:I feel as though we need some sort of more security on our ts server and such, reason being is that so random people can't just join and do stuff that just happened to me and Gluttony, we recently just had a young user that joined, we personally had never seen him before, and being in the channel for only 5 mins, most of us in the channel began to experience lots of lag, to the point where we can't even talk. We attempted to leave this channel and he said, "no don't leave don't leave". We left however, and he soon did aswell, me and Gluttony seemed to be the only ones that are still have lag problems because we think this guy was DDOSing us. With some sort is TS resolver, and by using it he was able to find our skypes because he had our ips. his name on Skype was "Anon Anon" which is a well known hacking group, Ill edit more of this in the morning but I had to get this out now
I'll say what Nick and I'm pretty sure pig has if you don't want people finding out your ip don't go online.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:38 pm

BlasterG717 wrote:With some sort is TS resolver, and by using it he was able to find our skypes because he had our ips.
Are you sure he didn't just punch in "blasterg717" into skype? Because that is not how teamspeak or how Skype works.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 20 hours ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Post by BlasterG717 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 am

I'm not retarded. I've dealt with this kind of stuff before, it's super easy to grab someones ip just from being in the same channel/call with them, even today I'm still being ddosed since last night.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:07 am

BlasterG717 wrote:I'm not retarded. I've dealt with this kind of stuff before, it's super easy to grab someones ip just from being in the same channel/call with them, even today I'm still being ddosed since last night.
With skype, you are correct. To my knowledge your voice data is being streamed directly between the participants of the call (so you can get the IP address). With teamspeak all the data goes between the server and your client, never exposing your IP address to other clients. I have googled for any bugs/exploits and I cant find any that would allow you to get another users IP address. (Other than common things like tracking images)
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

USER_AVATAR
Nodus
Premium 5
Accountname: Main_Protagonist
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 573 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,069,326
Achievements: 100

Post by Nodus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:46 am

blaster report to the police if it is an ongoing thing still. One of my lil bros friends had that problem and they actually managed to trace it to the dumb asses who were doing it and arrest them. Ddosing is actually a big deal as in you can get into legal trouble.

Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Post by Hampton » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:32 pm

BlasterG717 wrote:I'm not retarded. I've dealt with this kind of stuff before, it's super easy to grab someones ip just from being in the same channel/call with them, even today I'm still being ddosed since last night.
Unless you are a server admin you cannot find other peoples IP from TS.

And to stop the ddos just change your ip.

plus if he was DDOSing you then you would not have been able to hear him say. Don't Leave Me

jetoler
Premium 5
Played: 667 hours
Blocks Mined: 313,527
Achievements: 91

Post by jetoler » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Pi3 wrote:

plus if he was DDOSing you then you would not have been able to hear him say. Don't Leave Me
A notorious hacking group can easily hack into a ts server and get everyone's IP. And the "Don't Leave, please don't leave" could of easily been said by a bot.
"An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind"

Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Post by Hampton » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Asgore wrote:
Pi3 wrote:

A notorious hacking group can easily hack into a ts server and get everyone's IP. And the "Don't Leave, please don't leave" could of easily been said by a bot.
The audio could not be sent if he was ddosed. Plus do you have any proof about "A notorious hacking group can easily hack into a ts server and get everyone's IP." and unless they are an admin account they can't grab your IP