problems with helpers

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Re: problems with helpers

Post by moomon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 am

just to add what the helpers said about me beeing a older player... i havent been on for about 2 months. and to deffend myself yes i was a ex helper but when i was a helper and when i was afk bergman could disrespect me and no one would do anything cus they knew about us. at the same time the helpers would know about everyone and we wouldnt just mute. but i can agree we were bad. we gave too many warnings and didnt mute. you give too little warnings and to many mutes. but it is as arbr said. youre new and didnt know. i didnt make this post to cry over my 10 minute mute. i made it to bring up a problem with the helpers that in the end might needs fixing.

and when reading this forum post we can see that it is more than mummie that maybe thinks wrong. about this mute...

to add about youre a older player. it doesnt matter if im older or newer. yes maybe a longer punishment is in store. but you shouldnt punish without a warning.

what arbr said. what i heard from kye he just called term fat. so i dont know more. but im sorry if kye said more.
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:55 am

moomon wrote:just to add what the helpers said about me beeing a older player... i havent been on for about 2 months. and to deffend myself yes i was a ex helper but when i was a helper and when i was afk bergman could disrespect me and no one would do anything cus they knew about us. at the same time the helpers would know about everyone and we wouldnt just mute. but i can agree we were bad. we gave too many warnings and didnt mute. you give too little warnings and to many mutes. but it is as arbr said. youre new and didnt know. i didnt make this post to cry over my 10 minute mute. i made it to bring up a problem with the helpers that in the end might needs fixing.

and when reading this forum post we can see that it is more than mummie that maybe thinks wrong. about this mute...

to add about youre a older player. it doesnt matter if im older or newer. yes maybe a longer punishment is in store. but you shouldnt punish without a warning.

what arbr said. what i heard from kye he just called term fat. so i dont know more. but im sorry if kye said more.

look, my comment mainly is about if the mute was entirely because you called bergman ugly cause his xp bar left him. The Helpers were told that if someone has continuously been told to stop doing something, they do not have to warn to mute them. The player should already know they did wrong.

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Post by moomon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 pm

ok i see but i havent been told to stop doing it or something like that. if you read the other helpers they clearly dont understand what you have been telling them. they think that they can mute older players cus we should know the rules. but the system that you can instantly mute someone if they keep going that is good.
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Just to be clear, new players get warnings and older players just get a mute? Kind of unfair...
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:34 pm

"Just to be clear, new players get warnings and older players just get a mute? Kind of unfair..." That shouldnt be what is happening.

Let me make this clear to everyone, including helpers.
If a player does something that is muteable, tell them. If it is a first offence or something, only warn them, but whatever happens... TELL THEM WHAT THEY HAVE DONE. I dont care how often they do it, they must know(and if they do it too often, tell a mod+)
Then, mute them for however long is nessesary.

Obviously, if someone is spamming a tonne, constantly swearing, and they need to be muted as soon as possible, mute first, but still explain what they have done wrong.
Luckily, with the /warn command, it will automatically tell you when you are warned and for what reason, so it should be easier and should have less confusion after that.

But on the subject of older players. I would expect every player on the server to know the rules. Theres a blo-dy popup when you join the game, and you click "I accept". The second you click that button, you are expected to know the rules, and I will treat you as if you know the rules. There can be obvious misunderstandings, or players who dont speak so much english, and for those people, if they havent broken that rule before I would be slightly less harsh to them. So if a player does something for the first time and it isnt a misunderstanding/they speak pretty damn good english when they're swearing someone out, even if they are new/old, it is a warning. However, if it is an older player(or newer) who is known for "causing issues" to put it nicely, expect a longer mute than normal.
If you believe you have "changed" and are just being remember for who you where, all I can say is "Prove it to us". Be nice in chat, help players, get known for it. Then if you have truley changed... you wont even have anything to be muted for in the first place.

Expect helper evaluations in the next week.
Rules being updated in the coming weeks.
Warn command coming when its ready(next little while).
Helper massive guide coming after rule revamp and warn command.

ChubbyKins
Premium 5
Accountname: chubbyassasin123
Played: 706 hours
Blocks Mined: 211,619
Achievements: 102

Post by ChubbyKins » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Out of all the times Estato called me retarded and fat, he never got a single mute. So yes, there is a problem with helpers.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:01 pm

FattyKins wrote:Out of all the times Estato called me retarded and fat, he never got a single mute. So yes, there is a problem with helpers.
And that's why I'd written the "Public request to staff" post. Helpers were too easy on people like esto.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:10 am

rubino wrote:
FattyKins wrote:Out of all the times Estato called me retarded and fat, he never got a single mute. So yes, there is a problem with helpers.
And that's why I'd written the "Public request to staff" post. Helpers were too easy on people like esto.
And hard on people who were targets. Then there are people soft on Esto, and people like him, who are afraid of reactions like the one this post was made off of.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Post by Neo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:35 am

Arbr wrote:i honestly do not think you should of been muted and sorry about that you have. I will say though that some helpers are still learning but doesnt mean they are terrible. Some need some brushing up but they do the best they can. I would also say that the comment kye said to term about being fat and stuff i still would of muted for since there have been past situations with another player calling him fat which term did get upset about. I also read a little bit more from then and i think more than just fat was said.
Lol I remember this one time VepaS perm banned someone for these Josh fat jokes. lmfao, how the bans have changed
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014