Donating?

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Donating?

Post by amp » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Ok, so, Kye made a comment about people donating more and not complaining, but, that's false. Chellius/Chev would get ANYTHING he fucking wanted without question.

And yes nickmcski, it is a donation, but, you're not gunna entice people to donate past Prem6 if you don't give them the smallest incentive. A donator board or something isn't a bad idea. People like that shit. It makes people want to donate even more to keep the top spot, etc.

And Nick, with 1,800 euro that Lumber has donated, that's like 10 months of this host, to be honest.

There comes a point where a player like Johs has donated that much, where they just get angry, because they aren't shown appreciation.

Chellius bought the fucking helper rank for christ's sake.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Senor_Paco
Premium 3
Accountname: crazychiper
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 1,329 hours
Blocks Mined: 753,693
Achievements: 145

Post by Senor_Paco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:21 am

im on both sides here people wanna be apreciated for donating but the server might take alot of money to keep it up and nide must be under alot of pressure from people due to this subject hes only one person and nick does help him out still hes one guy who cant do everything at once maybe in the future something will be sorted out for stuff like this

-Senor_Paco

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Post by moomon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:32 am

i talked to some people that knows about this too. and we all agreed on that people have in the past been able to tell nide that they want to donate and they want a special offer. i dont know a time were nide have said no to making a special offer. so complaining that you dont get anything. when you could have asked nide for a special offer with items. the real question did you ask nide if you could get anything? ofc he wont give you a statue. but did you ask him for anything else?

reading all the comments it seems like people forget about the special offers on the server. when you have donated for prem 6 the only other things to donate for is special offers. atleast dont cry. when you dont get anything. it is a donation. this is the definition of DONATING

Full Definition of DONATION

: the act or an instance of donating: as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : gift

in other words donation is a gift for someone. you gave away your money to the server. you didnt ask before you donated if you could get anything. you ask after. and you ask for the most ridiculous thing ever, A statue of yourself.

an idea for donations is when the text come up in the Craftland chat that someone donated. the donator could pick if he wants the ammount to show. in other words if i donate 100 euro i could show that i did. and it would say that moomon donated 100 euro. not just moomon donated
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

USER_AVATAR
Senor_Paco
Premium 3
Accountname: crazychiper
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 1,329 hours
Blocks Mined: 753,693
Achievements: 145

Post by Senor_Paco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:12 pm

LumberJohs wrote:I wonder who that is, I only know about chellius, then I wonder who the others are? And I didn't say it was just for the top donator I said donators. And I are one of the few persons who have supported the server the most, even with 250+ euros random donations that doesn't benefit me at all. I just get irritated that Nide can't show appreciation for it, roughly calculated I've cashed in a total of 1800 euros.
just wanted to point out what would be the point of building statues of donators someone would have to build it you know lumber so what would be the point of that??

Seox
Premium 4
Accountname: Se0xX
Played: 812 hours
Blocks Mined: 796,973
Achievements: 164

Post by Seox » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:34 pm

if someone is willing to give me alot of npc spawneggs and the info on who donated and how much each person donated, i'm willin to create a public place where all the donators are shown, with a top 3 place where the top donators are shown.
I like Swets.

You smell.

Good.

LumberJohs
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 1,232 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,849,068
Achievements: 126

Post by LumberJohs » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:28 pm

Moomon if that is how you look at it, I'm maybe the only one who have 'donated' to the server without any benefits.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:47 pm

LumberJohs wrote:Moomon if that is how you look at it, I'm maybe the only one who have 'donated' to the server without any benefits.
Exactly what I tried to show. Kye no doubt has made special deals with nidefawl... Chellius made private deals for spawners that no one could get, and even bought helper. Lumber has played by the rules, and is upset because he hasn't gotten the same special treatment.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Post by moomon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:51 pm

LumberJohs wrote:Moomon if that is how you look at it, I'm maybe the only one who have 'donated' to the server without any benefits.

read the definition of donating again and be happy :)

the act or an instance of donating: as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : gift

in other words. you should get NOTHING from donating to the server. so why are you crying that you dont get anything out of it ? you GAVE AWAY your money. no one said anything about you getting anything from it. so why expect to get anything? i dont understand...
rubino wrote:
Exactly what I tried to show. Kye no doubt has made special deals with nidefawl... Chellius made private deals for spawners that no one could get, and even bought helper. Lumber has played by the rules, and is upset because he hasn't gotten the same special treatment.
i dont think that kye and the rest ''got'' special treatment. i guess (but i can be wrong) that kye and the rest asked for this deals. i dont think nide went to them and gave them the deals. so the question is why didnt lumber ask for a special treatment before he donated.
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 pm

rubino wrote:
You cannot prove this so don't bring it up.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

LumberJohs
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 1,232 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,849,068
Achievements: 126

Post by LumberJohs » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm not selfish compared to the other players, and I'm used to people being gratefull when I give them things.
But nide is one of the few who doesn't show appreciation.
And Moomon, you're not even prem. 6. so please don't interfere when you haven't even donated a tenth of what I have.