Donating?

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Donating?

Post by amp » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Kye wrote:
rubino wrote:
LumberJohs wrote:Moomon if that is how you look at it, I'm maybe the only one who have 'donated' to the server without any benefits.
Exactly what I tried to show. Kye no doubt has made special deals with nidefawl... Chellius made private deals for spawners that no one could get, and even bought helper. Lumber has played by the rules, and is upset because he hasn't gotten the same special treatment.
You cannot prove this so don't bring it up.
You've told me before that you've made private deals. Don't back out now, buddy.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 am

moomon wrote:
LumberJohs wrote:Moomon if that is how you look at it, I'm maybe the only one who have 'donated' to the server without any benefits.

read the definition of donating again and be happy :)

the act or an instance of donating: as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : gift

in other words. you should get NOTHING from donating to the server. so why are you crying that you dont get anything out of it ? you GAVE AWAY your money. no one said anything about you getting anything from it. so why expect to get anything? i dont understand...
rubino wrote:
Exactly what I tried to show. Kye no doubt has made special deals with nidefawl... Chellius made private deals for spawners that no one could get, and even bought helper. Lumber has played by the rules, and is upset because he hasn't gotten the same special treatment.
i dont think that kye and the rest ''got'' special treatment. i guess (but i can be wrong) that kye and the rest asked for this deals. i dont think nide went to them and gave them the deals. so the question is why didnt lumber ask for a special treatment before he donated.
I see your point, and it is a valid one, one I agree with. Sadly, the thing you are suggesting is for the ideal world, and we all agree that this one is far from that. In many major charities, donators are offered tax deduction and other benefits. Other games put the game in the hands of donators, giving buffs in World of War Tanks, and providing indestructible beasts in War Thunder. Some games are pay to play.
What makes Craftland different is that we don't increase gross income, we don't give indestructible shields. We give hats, and name colors, maybe a name change or an HD Skin. The only things that could give any edge were spawners, which are no longer permitted to be sold, thanks to Microsoft's happy little lawsuit seekers, and maybe spawn eggs, which are not directly sold, but sold through a currency that is used in majority for buying decorative elements. It is your calll how to use that currency, and therefor the donation does not immediately support buffs from that item. The remaining spawners also fall under that logic.
Then there is the idea that the decorations, rare and hard to find, can be sold for large amounts of wealth. Thing is, that is something that you were able to achieve with that item, and in order to sell it you need to find the buyer, persuade him/her, then adjust price accordingly. It isn't a done deal, and effort still needs to be made to profit from the transaction. This disproves the point that some donators can become rich within days of playing, with no effort or experience. They still need to earn a reputation, learn the valuable and not list, learn prices, and most importanty, learn how to get buyers. I rest my case.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

LumberJohs
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 1,232 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,849,068
Achievements: 126

Post by LumberJohs » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:06 am

PhantomAtLarge wrote:
moomon wrote:

read the definition of donating again and be happy :)

the act or an instance of donating: as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : gift

in other words. you should get NOTHING from donating to the server. so why are you crying that you dont get anything out of it ? you GAVE AWAY your money. no one said anything about you getting anything from it. so why expect to get anything? i dont understand...

i dont think that kye and the rest ''got'' special treatment. i guess (but i can be wrong) that kye and the rest asked for this deals. i dont think nide went to them and gave them the deals. so the question is why didnt lumber ask for a special treatment before he donated.
I see your point, and it is a valid one, one I agree with. Sadly, the thing you are suggesting is for the ideal world, and we all agree that this one is far from that. In many major charities, donators are offered tax deduction and other benefits. Other games put the game in the hands of donators, giving buffs in World of War Tanks, and providing indestructible beasts in War Thunder. Some games are pay to play.
What makes Craftland different is that we don't increase gross income, we don't give indestructible shields. We give hats, and name colors, maybe a name change or an HD Skin. The only things that could give any edge were spawners, which are no longer permitted to be sold, thanks to Microsoft's happy little lawsuit seekers, and maybe spawn eggs, which are not directly sold, but sold through a currency that is used in majority for buying decorative elements. It is your calll how to use that currency, and therefor the donation does not immediately support buffs from that item. The remaining spawners also fall under that logic.
Then there is the idea that the decorations, rare and hard to find, can be sold for large amounts of wealth. Thing is, that is something that you were able to achieve with that item, and in order to sell it you need to find the buyer, persuade him/her, then adjust price accordingly. It isn't a done deal, and effort still needs to be made to profit from the transaction. This disproves the point that some donators can become rich within days of playing, with no effort or experience. They still need to earn a reputation, learn the valuable and not list, learn prices, and most importanty, learn how to get buyers. I rest my case.
ehm, what are you even talking about?
that doesn't have anything with my situation...

LumberJohs
Banned
Premium 6

Post by LumberJohs » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:14 am

proof that kye doesn't care about donating to the server without any benefits:
http://prntscr.com/8t7dur

And I've basically given away more then 240 euros, which is 2 prem. 6 ranks in others names.
The only thing they think of is themself, so if you all look at it that way.
Then I am the only one who have really DONATED to the server.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 am

LumberJohs wrote:I wonder who that is, I only know about chellius, then I wonder who the others are? And I didn't say it was just for the top donator I said donators. And I are one of the few persons who have supported the server the most, even with 250+ euros random donations that doesn't benefit me at all. I just get irritated that Nide can't show appreciation for it, roughly calculated I've cashed in a total of 1800 euros.
Me, and I put more random donations out ;), but anyways, thank you for your support, 1800 is a lot, sure thing. Or in norsk, your own language. Takk skall du ha. Kanskje en liten spesielt ting vil kommer til deg. Du er velde godt med prosjekter din, jeg syner den er mulig for deg å gjør content for Nide i næste tid.

I understand your point, but you need to talk to Nide and point out your support in exchange for stuff. he is not looking up the top donators. I am sure he will listen. Chellius, I and others all dealt with him and true some donations which do not benefit you, cause you donated for others are mostly a way to show your concern about the project in general. We all did it. Of course you need to set yourself a limit of how much you wanna donate. It might be smart to ask Nide what he is doing with your support. I cannot tell you, but I am 100 positive its very cool and no its not for girls in Thailand.
Last edited by Soulmusician on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:02 am

LumberJohs wrote:proof that kye doesn't care about donating to the server without any benefits:

And I've basically given away more then 240 euros, which is 2 prem. 6 ranks in others names.
I never said I cared about donating I havemt donated for 3 months because I lost interest .
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Post by moomon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:26 pm

LumberJohs wrote:I'm not selfish compared to the other players, and I'm used to people being gratefull when I give them things.
But nide is one of the few who doesn't show appreciation.
And Moomon, you're not even prem. 6. so please don't interfere when you haven't even donated a tenth of what I have.
no i havent donated cus i find better things to do with my money that giving it away. the only reason i have a ''high'' rank is cus kye donated for me. i think me myself have donated for prem 3... and why shouldnt i interfere? this is a public forum and i am answering. all im saying is that you gave away your money. you donated it. to nide.

if i dont remember wrong bergman brought this up about that he wanted a donation board. the thing is that i think that nide see donations as the same way i do. and that is:

you dont have to donate. if you donate you give your money. GIVE not trading your money for something else. not buying anything... YOU GIVE. that is what nide is probably thinking but im not sure.
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:32 pm

LumberJohs wrote:proof that kye doesn't care about donating to the server without any benefits:

Im pretty sure im not that self centered Lumberjohns. I thanked you for donating for me and when someone did donate for me i wanted to find out who did it to thank them. Honestly I keep in mind the people who did that for me. Im not a crappy person. But I am not going to give you special treatment because you did donate for me. Look I went around donating all my money to people on the server for premium ranks around christmas. The bare minimum I got was thank yous and some didnt even do that. But at least I was still happy to donate for them.

Donating is Donating, You might get some thank yous and people have stated that you could of asked for a special offer before donating but you didnt so i do not see the point to complain that you did not get anything. Its very Childish.

BTW: Anyone remember how much sleepy donated?

LumberJohs
Banned
Premium 6

Post by LumberJohs » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Arbr wrote:

Im pretty sure im not that self centered Lumberjohns. I thanked you for donating for me and when someone did donate for me i wanted to find out who did it to thank them. Honestly I keep in mind the people who did that for me. Im not a crappy person. But I am not going to give you special treatment because you did donate for me. Look I went around donating all my money to people on the server for premium ranks around christmas. The bare minimum I got was thank yous and some didnt even do that. But at least I was still happy to donate for them.

Donating is Donating, You might get some thank yous and people have stated that you could of asked for a special offer before donating but you didnt so i do not see the point to complain that you did not get anything. Its very Childish.

BTW: Anyone remember how much sleepy donated?

Please don't bring up things I've never said, Arbr.
I NEVER said I wanted any stuff or items for random donations, I did it for fun.
But the only one who really appreciated it was some players who only got 5 euros, Caity and Rubino.
And again as I have said so many times Moomon, I know what donating is! but Nide isn't a good person when you get so much money donated and can't even show other players who have supported the server.

But as I said before, I'm done donating to the server.
And it's true what Phantom said earlier, the special offers and perks for premium ranks are illegal.
So I dunno how he is so stupid to make special deals (which is illegal) instead of showing the donators appreciation with boards or statues.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:25 pm

As previously stated, and not much contested, other donaters who spent even LESS got special treatment.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.