Public request to staff.

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Seox
Premium 4
Accountname: Se0xX
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 812 hours
Blocks Mined: 796,973
Achievements: 164

Re: Public request to staff.

Post by Seox » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:11 am

What if there was a jail, where you put those people in that swear too much, or spam, and they have to be online and not afk all the amount of time they're jailed. Also, they shouldn't be able to talk to anyone but Staff. That way (i guess) they'd learn their lesson.
I like Swets.

You smell.

Good.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:08 pm

It's kind of sad that this has not been sorted out yet there should be a set guide line on what you should do eg after 5 mutes a temp ban
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Post by Jovaniph » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 pm

It's not just that... Everyday, the offenders 'know' if they curse the next day, they will just get another warning or a 5 minute mute. They know their limit. They play smarter than the staff. They know which staff is more strict than the other.

One problem is that the 'helpers' are not communicating with each other about these repeated offenders. I'm not going to mention any names, but there is one offender that has gotten a single warning by every single helper at different times of the day.

So think about it... 7-8 warnings from 7-8 helpers from different times of the day. No communications at all.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Jovaniph wrote:It's not just that... Everyday, the offenders 'know' if they curse the next day, they will just get another warning or a 5 minute mute. They know their limit. They play smarter than the staff. They know which staff is more strict than the other.

One problem is that the 'helpers' are not communicating with each other about these repeated offenders. I'm not going to mention any names, but there is one offender that has gotten a single warning by every single helper at different times of the day.

So think about it... 7-8 warnings from 7-8 helpers from different times of the day. No communications at all.
How would you suggest that we constantly communicate, with timezones, holidays, language barriers, helpers being on at different times(regardless of timeszones), random problems that occur(internet going out, having to leave suddenly, not being able to use teamspeak or skype etc.), life(we do, contrary to popular belief, have lives that we have to deal with, whether it is personal problems, spending time with family/friends, eating, sleeping, other things humans need to do etc.), and because of these "issues", its impossible to have constant communication between every staff member, on any matters. Even ones that involve a older player, where certain staff members know him from before, and know they are maniplitive, or have caused too many issues to count in the past, that newer staff members dont even know that happened, as if we where to pass down every piece of information to every new staff member, I would still be getting told everything from nick, nide, chedd, moosh to name a few, and thats not taking into account the act of "forgetting" which is a standard human trait.

Its been tried before, with staff skypes, staff meetings, a buddies system that was suggested and shot down instantly(staff members had one person to tell, they told the next, who told the next and so on) and im sure it was something you said, but I dont have the time nor effort to rake though everything I have, that something about meetings dont work, and that nothing actually ever gets done. It may have been something else, but I have a feeling that it was you.

Skype doesnt work as not everyone has it, and for someone like me, who wants more than half of my computers memory free while running it, choose not to launch it when my computer starts, and leave my phone to handle that(and skype doesnt even launch on that whenever it starts)

Teamspeak cant be used as not every staff member isnt able to contacted all the time. We wanted staff members from different timezones to be online, so we always had at least one staff member on at a time, but sometimes that isnt possible as we want to choose the best candidate, not choose someone just because they are from a different timezone. Ontop of that, some people are just dont want to talk, for being shy or whatever. I myself find it difficult to speak to people sometimes, but have enough confidence built up here to speak on teamspeak whenever.

So what does that bring it down too. Staff talking always ingame? Well again, timezones are a constant issue, and yes, it would be possible to get information to every staff member maybe though the course of a day, but what you are talking about, is every staff member knowing instantly why, when and by who a player a player was muted by. Now as staff members arnt constantly online, theres no way of getting that information instantly to every staff member... or is there?

So, to keep some people happy, I would suggest a mute list. Similar to the ban list for mods/admins, this mute list would show all the information needed for a helper. We would upgrade the mute GUI which I believe some staff members use (cough, mute command is easier), and it would list every mute a certain player has had in the space of a week. No longer than a week though, as then people would complain that it didnt matter now, etc.
Would this suffice? I perfer offering solutions to certain problems, rather than outlining more reasons why that certain problem is worse.

Ignore any grammar/spelling mistakes please. Im using an unfamiliar keyboard, on my craptop, on terrible hotel wifi(yes, my holiday has been interrupted because of this issue, thanks :) )

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:57 pm

also i am just saying this jovan stop trying to cause shit within the staff team. they are trying there hardest to solve issues.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Post by Jovaniph » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Kye, you just made it too easy for me to say this:

Had staff didn't 'enable' you to come back on Craftland, those hundreds of permabans you had previous would of exactly be what it says. But noooo, Staff likes to keep offenders like you because they are afraid to lose people in the server. Instead, what it is doing, is giving people a reason 'not' to play Craftland. Isn't that also one of the reasons why you left? So tell me, who caused more shit me or you? (another thing to add on the list of double standards)

At least what I'm doing is giving a reason for the staff to do something about it. You think I'm doing this to piss off staff? You think this is just a fun game I like to play? Give me a good reason why I should stop addressing issues? Was it not me that gave light about Autoclicking (with that forum post)? Please please please...I would love to hear a good reason...I'm begging you

Lastly, When you do find a good reason, my next next issue would be to get rid of the 'Problems' thread, because apparently its not okay to address issues. Right?

------------

Pig, there is somethings you said there that I never recall saying. I would appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth. Other than that, you have brought up a very good point. Communication is very hard when dealing with a bunch of people who volunteer there time on the server. Especially, when you have people that only volunteer when they have time to do it. I've been there.

That act of "Forgetting" seems like a trait Craftland has although something like giving people 'permaban' doesn't sounds like something to forget about. Contradictory? Yes. Is every permaban really a permaban? No. So I'll let that slide.

As for the mute list. great suggestion. I wish this was all you had to say instead of having to write a paper. Other than that, Thank you!

Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 21 days ago
Played: 2,704 hours
Blocks Mined: 976,142
Achievements: 198

Post by Joyman533 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:23 pm

@Pig: maybe /muteinfo? For those who would rather use a command than a gui.
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:08 pm

I said I only thought it was you who said about the staff meetings(Which I said in the post), and it was heavily inferred that it would have to be instant knowing of mutes, as the point I think you where making is that people get muted multiple times a day without other helpers knowing, and as I said, it would take over a day to make sure every staff member knows that player was muted just by telling them, so instant would be the only logical idea. I think those are the only 2 statements I thought you said.

Permbans are used by every server, and it has always been called a permban, as it has no time limit at the time you are banned, so from that point, you are banned. The appeal system on craftland, has always been for either a) perm bans or b) long temp bans (as short temp bans its easier to wait it out), and that is the same for every other minecraft server ive ever seen. There's only a few people absolutely perm banned, and those people are people who actually caused serious damage to the serve(e,g, blobby, kez). I assume everyone can guess that, considering the appeal system exists, so I dont believe we need to change the name that has always been used to something else. (Correct me if this is not what you are saying).

About writing a paper as a response, you clearly dont know me well enough :P . If it is a matter I think needs explained well, I will write quite a lot. Many people can confirm that.

I will speak to the other admins to see what I would need to do to make a mute list possible, even to show currently activated mutes, or something. I would guess it would be done using the database, something ive never worked with before. So i'll need to look into that.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:28 am

pig001 wrote:I said I only thought it was you who said about the staff meetings(Which I said in the post), and it was heavily inferred that it would have to be instant knowing of mutes, as the point I think you where making is that people get muted multiple times a day without other helpers knowing, and as I said, it would take over a day to make sure every staff member knows that player was muted just by telling them, so instant would be the only logical idea. I think those are the only 2 statements I thought you said.

Permbans are used by every server, and it has always been called a permban, as it has no time limit at the time you are banned, so from that point, you are banned. The appeal system on craftland, has always been for either a) perm bans or b) long temp bans (as short temp bans its easier to wait it out), and that is the same for every other minecraft server ive ever seen. There's only a few people absolutely perm banned, and those people are people who actually caused serious damage to the serve(e,g, blobby, kez). I assume everyone can guess that, considering the appeal system exists, so I dont believe we need to change the name that has always been used to something else. (Correct me if this is not what you are saying).

About writing a paper as a response, you clearly dont know me well enough :P . If it is a matter I think needs explained well, I will write quite a lot. Many people can confirm that.

I will speak to the other admins to see what I would need to do to make a mute list possible, even to show currently activated mutes, or something. I would guess it would be done using the database, something ive never worked with before. So i'll need to look into that.
Well, perhaps mutes and temp bans aren't always enough. I am not suggesting perm bans for chat infractions, no no no, I suggest something new. A fee, based on the current account balance, and the severity of the mute, which can be overridden. The idea is to prevent the mute from becoming a supporting factor to those who are being punished. See, when you deprive them of their form of entertainment (trolling and chat infraction), you do two things. The first thing is that it keeps them craving that entertainment for the entire duration that they are muted. The second thing it does is keeps them from getting bored of it, sorta like the way Candy Crush works like a drug. Many victims of a variety of trollers will agree with me when I say mutes don't mean anything to anyone who gets them legitimately and for a good reason. They come right back and get muted again and they don't stop. In-fact they seem more aggressive and blissful about it after chains of mutes over a span of days. The percentage for the fee is for you to decide what is appropriate, as it is not my decision there, that is up to you staff folk. Phantom out.
Last edited by PhantomAtLarge on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 20 days ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Post by BlasterG717 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:40 am

I completely agree with all of this. This needs to change, like rubino said their are numerous numbers of children that want to enjoy a family-friendly server. I would also like to mention Pikachu and koato swear a lot as well.