Connect Timed Out/End of Stream messages

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Odd
Premium 5
Accountname: TheOddTruth
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 977 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,818,852
Achievements: 131

Connect Timed Out/End of Stream messages

Post by Odd » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:36 pm

So, I'm aware that this probably isn't a server-side issue considering that nobody else seems to be having the problem. Yet, ever since the most recent server update (6.3b) My wife (DigitalDevil_) and I have been unable to remain connected to the server for more than a few minutes at a time without experiencing severe latency issues and "end of stream" messages. Often, we cannot even connect to the launcher update check without getting a Connect Timed Out error. We have tried reinstalling craftland, resetting our router on several occasions, or just plain waiting in hopes that the issue would fix itself. Prior to this, we would perhaps have a rare 1-2 disconnects a day and I have no problem with that. Yet, disconnecting every 2-5 minutes of gameplay is painful and makes the game unplayable, especially for situations such as boss fights and gold rush. The strange thing about this that I find is that we don't have this issue on any other servers or online games that we play, so it seems that it wouldn't be an issue with my connection. Either way, we seem to have exhausted all of our options, so I thought I might toss my line in the water here in hopes that someone may have a suggestion for us. Thanks in advance.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Re: Connect Timed Out/End of Stream messages

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:44 am

Don't feel like you're the only ones with this issue. I get the same thing all the time. When you are playing, do you have any other applications that are using the internet a lot or are hosted on the internet, basically Steam, and other things not hosted on the computer, but pulled down from the host?
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Odd
Premium 5

Post by Odd » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was already aware that Steam can cause some issues similar to this, so I always make sure it is closed while playing Minecraft. As for any other applications/services, I don't have anything running that could be drawing internet usage. I'm hoping to come to some sort of resolution soon as the problem just seems to be getting worse to the point where I dread even logging in as I can barely move a few seconds without getting horrid lag followed by a disconnect. I guess i'll try back in a week or so to see if the issue has resolved itself unless anyone else has any other suggestions.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Do you have a TV box on that is from Verizon, or any non cable service? Is it on standby when you play? Do you use that one WIFI alone for all services, and if so, do you try to minimize things using that WIFI? Try to take unused items off that wifi when playing. Also, try a Speed Test. It determines your Upload, Download, and Ping speeds. If you Ping speeds are low, things like this could occur.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

Odd
Premium 5

Post by Odd » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:02 am

I have 50mbps cable service. The only thing we use it for is our computers and a tablet on occasion (rarely, wifi is turned off on the tablet when not in use). I haven't delved into any other devices that require a wifi connection.

Speedtest as of a few minutes ago:

Ping: 33 ms
Download Speed: 46.8 Mbps
Upload Speed: 4.08 Mbps

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:34 am

Strange, that is better than mine, and I haven't had issues recently. Sometimes, my wifi hiccups. This could be the result of that.

Odd
Premium 5

Post by Odd » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:41 am

Yours hiccups. Mine apparently has the flu or something xD.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:34 am

Perhaps yours has a stomach virus. By that I mean a virus.

Odd
Premium 5

Post by Odd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:23 am

Yes, but the same one on both computers? Could the router have a virus? I wouldn't like to think that would be the case though considering Craftland is the only place I'm having problems right now.

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Post by nidefawl » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Please open a command prompt and type:
ping craftland.org -t
Let it run for a minute and check if there are any timeouts.
ImageImageImage