Essences of Undeath Disappearing from Inventory

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
Digi
Premium 5
Accountname: DigitalDevil_
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 1,623 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,299,572
Achievements: 148

Essences of Undeath Disappearing from Inventory

Post by Digi » Wed May 27, 2015 8:23 am

Considering the fact that MamaMiz is also having the same issue as I am with essences of undeath, it was suggested that I post this here as well, to supplement the bug report.

"Often when placing an Essence of Undeath in my inventory it will disappear. When it doesn’t disappear right away, when I attempt to make an experience bottle out from the essence of undeath, I will click the “Create Experience Potion” button and then it will disappear from my inventory. This issue has persisted for at least three days now."

Since creating this report three days ago, I have attempted to use the essences to make exp bottles on a few occasions resulting in the same issue.

MamaMiz
Premium 2
Accountname: Mizukiuki
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 733 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,530,386
Achievements: 126

Re: Essences of Undeath Disappearing from Inventory

Post by MamaMiz » Thu May 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Yes, i have continously encounter this problem, to the point where i no longer even try to use the essence. Ive been walking around with hundards of levels because of it. And its happened to me since i first joined, i honestly thought it was just me. And frost ended up having to take all the levels from kills and put them into the essneces at one point. Ive tried relogging and it never seemed to help, and sometimes if i got rid of the essences that i was using and get some new ones that would work. So i dont know if its just something with our own game that we can acutally fix ourselves or if its a bug?

Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 6 days ago
Played: 2,704 hours
Blocks Mined: 976,142
Achievements: 198

Post by Joyman533 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:54 pm

You should get proof (a video) of it and reopen the bugtracker ticket.
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 28 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Fri May 29, 2015 2:24 am

I'm really confused with this report, mostly because some people are using different terminology.

Essence Of Undeath is an item that that when the "Create Experience Potion" button is clicked it should be destroyed.
Once you clicked that button a new bottle of enchanting is placed in your inventory, from what i'm understanding its that bottle of enchanting that's getting lost but i'm confused since everyone is saying they lost their Essence Of Undeath.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Fri May 29, 2015 7:30 am

nickmcski wrote:I'm really confused with this report, mostly because some people are using different terminology.

Essence Of Undeath is an item that that when the "Create Experience Potion" button is clicked it should be destroyed.
Once you clicked that button a new bottle of enchanting is placed in your inventory, from what i'm understanding its that bottle of enchanting that's getting lost but i'm confused since everyone is saying they lost their Essence Of Undeath.

What they mean is when they click "Create Experience Potion" the essence of undeath disappears and nothing else happens, no xp is lost and no stored xp bottle is created.
(never actually happened to me but this is what i've been told)

RandoroMcDuck
Premium 6
Accountname: Randoro
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 3,883 hours
Blocks Mined: 16,608,171
Achievements: 186

Post by RandoroMcDuck » Fri May 29, 2015 11:04 am

I remember someone saying that the "Create experience potion" button bugs if either:

1. You have a full inventory (hotbar doesnt count)
2. You have the essence of undeath in your hotbar.

Anyways my friend used to have the same problem all the time, iv never had problems with this.
If this gets fixed/changed i suggest making it so that the player can choose potions not just the biggest they can make. Sometimes its nice to be able to make 500 xp potions even when you have a lot of xp.
just some random doro

marc0303
Premium 6
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 991 hours
Blocks Mined: 34,062
Achievements: 61

Post by marc0303 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:54 pm

I think I fixed it, but if it happens after the next update please open a new ticket on the bug tracker.
I could only reproduce it with a full inventory though. If it happens even with free space then I cannot see where this is coming from

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Sat May 30, 2015 10:35 am

marc0303 wrote:I think I fixed it, but if it happens after the next update please open a new ticket on the bug tracker.
I could only reproduce it with a full inventory though. If it happens even with free space then I cannot see where this is coming from
thanks Marc

USER_AVATAR
Digi
Premium 5
Accountname: DigitalDevil_
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 1,623 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,299,572
Achievements: 148

Post by Digi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Here's the video showing exactly what the potions are doing (in my inventory and when in the hotbar) Thanks Joyman for mentioning this as I didn't even think about posting a video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WdXlfH ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;